Opinion Give Credit When It's Due - Trump Looks Presidential AF Here

Hollywood Jack

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I'm highly critical of Trump when warranted and I view him more negatively than positively, but I absolutely love how he's stood up against Bolton and the neocons and military industrial complex (MIC). In this regard, this is where Trump's presidency may be a blessing in disguise. I feel like not only would Hillary capitulate to the neocons and MIC, but she's basically one of them. I believe she would have escalated the situations in Syria, Russia, Iran, Venezuela, etc. and the media would have rallied around her and there'd be all this pressure to suppress dissent and dismiss it as sexist.

I think we have a good chance to get Bernie or at least Warren in the White House and even Warren is a lot better than Hillary. 4 years of Trump followed by at least 4 years of Bernie or Warren is better than 8 years of Hillary to me. When Trump talks about Bolton and the neocons and how we've wasted trillions overseas, it's the most clear and coherent and intelligent, and yes, presidential, that I've ever heard him.

I'm highly critical of Trump when warranted and I view him more negatively than positively, but I absolutely love how he's stood up against Bolton and the neocons and military industrial complex (MIC). In this regard, this is where Trump's presidency may be a blessing in disguise. I feel like not only would Hillary capitulate to the neocons and MIC, but she's basically one of them. I believe she would have escalated the situations in Syria, Russia, Iran, Venezuela, etc. and the media would have rallied around her and there'd be all this pressure to suppress dissent and dismiss it as sexist.

I think we have a good chance to get Bernie or at least Warren in the White House and even Warren is a lot better than Hillary. 4 years of Trump followed by at least 4 years of Bernie or Warren is better than 8 years of Hillary to me. When Trump talks about Bolton and the neocons and how we've wasted trillions overseas, it's the most clear and coherent and intelligent, and yes, presidential, that I've ever heard him.

It's hard to say. She was a risk; trying to appease the left side of the left by being copacetic and going along to get along.
But she may also have felt as though a female president can be tough on America's enemies too and would be inclined to show it.

Though every president wants to look tough but fair.

I agree with trump's America first stance, but feel that others who understand more might be able to say where his policies and demeanor might interfere with that goal.

You don’t stand up against the MIC.

You might think you are, but you’re not. See the UFO thread.

There is no doubt, Hillary as president meant a war would happen. Even democrats will admit this. It’s one of the major reasons President Donald Trump won.

There is no doubt, Hillary as president meant a war would happen. Even democrats will admit this. It’s one of the major reasons President Donald Trump won.
No, it didn't, and I don't know why you say that with such certainty.

No they wouldn't, and I don't know why you say that with such certainty.

You really are too in love with broad assertions.

I still can’t believe how close Hillary came to being President. I mean that is just terrifying.

It's hard to say. She was a risk; trying to appease the left side of the left by being copacetic and going along to get along.
But she may also have felt as though a female president can be tough on America's enemies too and would be inclined to show it.

Though every president wants to look tough but fair.

I agree with trump's America first stance, but feel that others who understand more might be able to say where his policies and demeanor might interfere with that goal.
Hillary gave lip service to the identity politics/identitarian/intersectional feminist bullshit, mainly to co-opt Bernie and his supporters and shore up the female vote, even among many of those who agreed more with Bernie on policy. She pretended to be more left than she actually is during the primary. In all actuality, she was the corporate candidate, the establishment candidate, it's no mistake that the corporate interests and neocons supported her over Trump.

No, it didn't, and I don't know why you say that with such certainty.

No they wouldn't, and I don't know why you say that with such certainty.

You really are too in love with broad assertions.

Down here on planet Earth, we understood Hillary was one with the Military industrial complex. Thank god she lost and god bless President Donald Trump for not entering any wars and keeping the country safe.

I thought Ana's head might explode there for a second saying most of what Trump said was right.

I call Trump the orange buffoon (my phone auto spits it out whenever I capitalize "T". Lol), but his resistance to all those wanting military intervention is admirable. It's worth a hundred "grab em by the pussy" and a thousand "they must go back". And that's what you call putting shit in proper perspective boys and girls.

Congrats to Trump for standing up to the guy he hired I guess?

It's amazing how Trump is being praised for firing a terrible person who HE HIRED HIMSELF.. At the same time, we have the Trump administration going on and on about Iran which completely goes against the point of this thread..

You guys should praise him for being Saudi Arabia's bitch while you're at it.

It's amazing how Trump is being praised for firing a terrible person who HE HIRED HIMSELF.. At the same time, we have the Trump administration going on and on about Iran which completely goes against the point of this thread..

You guys should praise him for being Saudi Arabia's bitch while you're at it.
Honest question: what do you think Hillary "We Came, We Saw, He Died" Clinton would have done on the foreign policy front?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...ibya-scandal-glenn-reynolds-column/895853001/

Libya went from having the highest human development index in Africa and a Pan-African leader who helped out sub-Saharan African countries, to an utter shit hole where blacks are sold in open slave markets.

"Most of what Trump said there was right"

- Ana Kasparian

th

Honest question: what do you think Hillary "We Came, We Saw, He Died" Clinton would have done on the foreign policy front?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...ibya-scandal-glenn-reynolds-column/895853001/

Libya went from having the highest human development index in Africa and a Pan-African leader who helped out sub-Saharan African countries, to an utter shit hole where blacks are sold in open slave markets.

She talked a lot about the no fly zone in Syria a bunch of times. She has the war hawk like attitude.

"Most of what Trump said there was right"

- Ana Kasparian

th
It actually sounded like she was about to say "everything" and then stopped herself because it was a bridge too far in her mind. But again, give credit when it's due. TYT is polling their audience about Trump vs. Bolton and they're overwhelmingly supporting Trump in that instance.

I guess he looks Presidential maybe.

Getting rid of Bolton is a good idea.

But Trump should take some blame for making a terrible hire much like any boss (he has made several bad hires as evidenced my the turnover in high-level cabinet positions and staff) He hired Bolton who’s policy positions have been clear for years and seems to have been surprised by his policy positions. He also says that he wants a “consensus builder.” Anybody who has ever read anything about Bolton’s style Knows he has a “my way or the highway” style with a vindictive edge. I can’t fathom how Trump could have been surprised by either.

In the end though, Trump did the riight thing essentially admitting his mistake, in actions rather words, by dumping Bolton.

Hillary gave lip service to the identity politics/identitarian/intersectional feminist bullshit, mainly to co-opt Bernie and his supporters and shore up the female vote, even among many of those who agreed more with Bernie on policy. She pretended to be more left than she actually is during the primary. In all actuality, she was the corporate candidate, the establishment candidate, it's no mistake that the corporate interests and neocons supported her over Trump.
I think pretending to be farther left than she actually might be to get votes is undesirable. Even from elements of the left there's pushback on the crazy left ideologies.

Probably true of the right as well

I thought Ana's head might explode there for a second saying most of what Trump said was right.

I call Trump the orange buffoon (my phone auto spits it out whenever I capitalize "T". Lol), but his resistance to all those wanting military intervention is admirable. It's worth a hundred "grab em by the pussy" and a thousand "they must go back". And that's what you call putting shit in proper perspective boys and girls.
You have to realize that the consequence of his less hawkish foreign policy is that he's outsourcing the work to countries like Israel, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Pakistan. Remember how he wanted to give the Saudis nukes? Not saying that makes it wrong, I prefer a less hawkish approach myself, but its something to consider.
I guess he looks Presidential maybe.

Getting rid of Bolton is a good idea.

But Trump should take some blame for making a terrible hire much like any boss (he has made several bad hires as evidenced my the turnover in high-level cabinet positions and staff) He hired Bolton who’s policy positions have been clear for years and seems to have been surprised by his policy positions. He also says that he wants a “consensus builder.” Anybody who has ever read anything about Bolton’s style Knows he has a “my way or the highway” style with a vindictive edge. I can’t fathom how Trump could have been surprised by either.

In the end though, Trump did the riight thing essentially admitting his mistake, in actions rather words, by dumping Bolton.
I think he hired Bolton as kind of a concession to the more hawkish, establishment GOP. But once Bolton hurt his ego Trump had enough.

What's funny is the GOP was going on and on about the "B-Benghazi" nothingburger to tar Clinton when they could've stepped back and just blamed her for the Libya mess in general. But the reason they couldn't do that is because they're just as, if not even more, hawkish than she is so it would be pretty hypocritical for them to criticize her for destabilizing a MidEast country.

You have to realize that the consequence of his less hawkish foreign policy is that he's outsourcing the work to countries like Israel, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Pakistan. Remember how he wanted to give the Saudis nukes? Not saying that makes it wrong, I prefer a less hawkish approach myself, but its something to consider.

I think he hired Bolton as kind of a concession to the more hawkish, establishment GOP. But once Bolton hurt his ego Trump had enough.

What's funny is the GOP was going on and on about the "B-Benghazi" nothingburger to tar Clinton when they could've stepped back and just blamed her for the Libya mess in general. But the reason they couldn't do that is because they're just as, if not even more, hawkish than she is so it would be pretty hypocritical for them to criticize her for destabilizing a MidEast country.
Good points across the board.

Congrats to Trump for standing up to the guy he hired I guess?

Imagine hiring the one guy in Washington who was, literally and openly, the most extreme antithesis of your alleged foreign policy vision, then, after firing him, getting praised for it and given points for "real leadership". :rolleyes:

Back