Give an example of a "pillow fist" fighter?

Maybe Alex Caceres. I don't recall him ever hurting any of his opponents with punches.
some fighters should be 'no fists', not 'pillow fists'. aoki is a prime example, dude basically can't strike.

He very rarely starched anyone with punches in pride, he usually overwhelmed them with volume punching and decent accuracy, then stomped or kneed them to death.

He caught machida running in at him (which literally doubles the power) and still didn't starch him. He finished him from the mount.

2 starchings in 20 finishes, and even they needed follow up punches. Never Mark Hunt walk off killed anyone.

Sorry that’s complete nonsense

Is a prolific ko artist like a Mark Hunt or Liddell? No — but he’s definetely above average

Just off the the top of my head he’s either dropped of KO’d —- machida , arona , overeem , hendo, chuck, Forrest , Villanate , Te Huna

There’s literally a million other fighters that haven’t even come close to that lhw that people are mentioning —- Forrest is a quick and easy one

Nick Diaz. He is very pillow-fisted, does not have a one-punch KO power and relies on volume instead.
His brother is up there too.

This thread makes me appreciate Hendo.

Anyone that lands 230-3 punches and still gets no KO

latest

picture_8_large.png
Oh wow, the best WW in the world can actually damage someone's face over 25 minutes?
You fool

Jesus, dude! Next time put up a NSFW spoiler before you post such violent gore.

The thread title said "pillow fists" not "attempted murder."

HahahahahshshshahaHaha I literally almost pissed myself at that comment.

He should have known better than to show a hammerfist of doom gif.

Sonnen and Shields come to mind for 170 and above. A lot of guys in the lower weight classes don't have much power.

I disagree with the Diaz brothers, they don't throw most of their punches with anything close to full power because they are trying for volume. but they hurt people when they land clean with a full power punch.

Most WMMA fighters?

Rose-Namajunas-def-Joanna-Jedrzejczyk-via-KO-Punches-part-2.gif

Fuckin beautiful lead left hook. Power coming up from the midsection after the dip leftwards.

source.gif

Distance gauging lead hand followed by the sat down on finisher.

Better technique in these two gifs than can be displayed by countless male fighters. Shitting on WMMA is well received around here though, so I get it.

Most men don't have prolific KO power either. That's why there are a select few respected for their ability to put people to sleep.

Last edited:
Sorry that’s complete nonsense

Is a prolific ko artist like a Mark Hunt or Liddell? No — but he’s definetely above average

Just off the the top of my head he’s either dropped of KO’d —- machida , arona , overeem , hendo, chuck, Forrest , Villanate , Te Huna

There’s literally a million other fighters that haven’t even come close to that lhw that people are mentioning —- Forrest is a quick and easy one

Dropping people doesn't necessarily come from power, it comes from volume and accuracy, just like the Diaz brother's etc. Hence why I included the video of all of Shogun's KO's/TKO's. You
can see they are mostly volume punches and flurrys that stop his opponents. The stomps and knees were powerful as fuck though.

Khabib is king here. No GIFS needed.

That last fight he had, landed over 100 punches and couldn't put the sucker down.

Dropping people doesn't necessarily come from power, it comes from volume and accuracy, just like the Diaz brother's etc. Hence why I included the video of all of Shogun's KO's/TKO's. You
can see they are mostly volume punches and flurrys that stop his opponents. The stomps and knees were powerful as fuck though.

But he clearly has more stoppage and knock downs by punches than a lot of lhws

Can’t be considered pillow fisted by any measure

Back