• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Gina Carano tosses her hat into social media politics #fireginacorano trends

Source

"In a statement obtained by io9, a Lucasfilm spokesperson said the following: “Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.”

The news comes after a day in which the hashtag #FireGinaCarano trended on Twitter for hours. The night before, the actress shared an anti-Semitic story on her Instagram. It was soon deleted but many fans captured it and shared it on social media."

Haha not surprised. I mean comparing being censored on social media to Jews being killed by Nazis? Fuck that
I don’t think she was comparing being censored to Nazis killing Jews. I think she was comparing political division In modern times to religious Division in the time preceding the holocaust.

"Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors... even by children," wrote Gina Carano in the now-deleted post. "Because history is edited, most people today don't realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?"
So she was fired for being right?

Seems like Carano should have been smart enough to stay off twitter with such posts then, wouldn't it? How many celebrities do you need to see get fired/canceled over saying stupid shit on social media before you learn to stop saying controversial things on social media?
Your right. If she was smarter she should have just stayed off twitter all together.

saying stupid shit on social media before you learn to stop saying controversial things on social media
Saying stupid things you mean like there are .... genders right? if you say that on twitter they are going to be outraged no matter your facts or sources you post there, speak out agaisnt wearing facial masks or again face masks in general.
I think having no twitter for celebrities would be so much better. No matter your potical side. Or stance. But there is a problem SJW, cancel culture.

Wow...

It's like....

Words.... Have... Consequences....

th

No reason to watch it now. She was the best thing about the show.

WTF Are you high dude? She is the one of the reasons why I havent watched that show. Sorry but her acting SUCKS. If she was at least as hot as her Strikeforce days then that would give me an excuse to watch her horrendous acting but she is now a WHALE. Hard pass on her, wood not hit unless it was absolutely necessary and my life was in danger and I had to defend myself.

I don't know what the hell she expected making social media statements like this, but that still doesn't make it right. People should be able to express different political opinions without having to worry about losing their job. All of this cancel culture shit is basically a mutated form of McCarthyism.
if Michael Jordan was smart enough to avoid joining the political fray in the 90's ( "Republicans buy shoes, too." ), today's celebs have no excuse. Especially considering how many examples of stupid words ruining careers have been observed.

Gina carano is free to say what she wants. She shouldn’t have her feelings hurt when people don’t want to buy her product.

This is a cute meme that a lot of racists post in various places online. I'm sure you are trolling or don't know better but just for posterity sake:

- Protesting the systemic murder of Black americans is more noble than protesting your racist daddy fairly losing an election.
- 6 people died in the capital terrorist attack and it was maybe 1,000 MAGAs. BLM was the biggest political protest in history and your number is 23 people dying. The former is thus much deadlier.
- Yawn at whining about buildings.
- No outrage? The entire republican party cried the entire year about Black people protesting.
- Nationwide outrage? The entire republican party is letting the ring leader of the terrorists off the hook.

Stop.
Let's not forget the BLM protests were about very real police misconduct and the capitol riots were a result of damned lies told by a damned lying con artist and believed by damned morons.

Yep. No doubt. You're a bot with this shit. She's making a ridiculous comparison, but she's white. So you all of sudden see how silly it is. If she was a rich black woman complaining about mistreatment on social media and comparing it to slavery, you'd be "Beep bop boop"-ing about how it's racist. This is who you are.

BRB checking whether my posts ITT are y-cardable....

Well...great she took a “ stand “ and free speech blah blah blah 1984 blah blah ..but dying on the the social media hill is incredibly lame and pathetic way to go out . I mean she’s not doing anything brave like protest for her life in Myanmar or some shit. Yes it took guts to write I guess in Hollywood lib climate but ultimately she cost herself shit load on money over much ado about nothing cause nobody really cares . Life goes on . She’s the one that’ll have to whore herself out in future when blacklisted and broke . She’ll prob be banned from comic Conventions too. You gotta play the fucking game . Just cause you’re a celebrity with big social media profile doesn’t mean you’re still not a fucking employee . I want to say all kinds of shit at my job but can’t and my job can 100 fire my ass if I go on crazy social media rants they don’t like. That’s life .

Your right. If she was smarter she should have just stayed off twitter all together.

Saying stupid things you mean like there are .... genders right? if you say that on twitter they are going to be outraged no matter your facts or sources you post there, speak out agaisnt wearing facial masks or again face masks in general.
I think having no twitter for celebrities would be so much better. No matter your potical side. Or stance. But there is a problem SJW, cancel culture.
Or celebs should just use Social Media to promote the products they're selling, the movie/music/shows etc they're doing, and not their socio-political stances.

Jordan had it right when he said "Republicans buy shoes too"

For fuck's sake. I never cared a great deal for her acting but I care for her acting far more than I care what her stance is on anything political. Way to go SJWs, you actually removed a legitimate real life strong female from your make believe world.

You cared for acting? She SUCKS as an actress. She is worst than Ronda and Ronda sucks. Shes one of the major reasons why I havent finished watching season 2 of the mandolorian.

Back