Gimme your best forgotten 90's one hit wonders !

I always preferred this song. Maybe the Wallflowers were a 2 hit wonder.

Oh, I'm not stickling. Nearly every mention in any thread on any forum you'll find asking about "one hit wonders" isn't a true one hit wonder. This thread is a rare exception. The OP, @TheTickG, @TardStrong, and @Sonxy all offered legitimate examples-- the last wins the thread. "Macarena" is maybe the biggest one-hit wonder ever. Gotta be up there with "Walking on Sunshine". Even the Crash Test Dummies had more than one charting hit (three, in fact). Not a single person in this thread can name either of the other two off the top of their head.
http://musicchartsarchive.com/1990s
https://www.musicvf.com/top_songs_of_the_1990s

My mention of Wilson Phillips is the worst offender. They were absolutely enormous for a while. They had three #1's for pete's sake, LOL. But I feel they fit in the thread spiritually for that reason. I can't think of a band that was bigger that has been more swallowed up by time in the past 30 years. For comparison look at the other #1 hits for their entire years, respectively, during that decade, and the artists who made them:
  • 1990 - "Hold On" (Wilson Phillips)
  • 1991 - "Everything I Do" (Bryan Adams)
  • 1992 - "End of the Road" (Boyz II Men)
  • 1993 - "I Will Always Love You" (Whitney Houston)
  • 1994 - "The Sign" (Ace of Base)
  • 1995 - "Gangsta's Paradise" (Coolio ft. L.V.)
  • 1996 - "Macarena (Bayside Boys Remix)" (Los del Rio)
  • 1997 - "Candle in the Wind / Something About the Way You Look Tonight" (Elton John)
  • 1998 - "Too Close" (Next)
  • 1999 - "Believe" (Cher)

Oh, I'm not stickling. Nearly every mention in any thread on any forum you'll find asking about "one hit wonders" isn't a true one hit wonder. This thread is a rare exception. The OP, @TheTickG, @TardStrong, and @Sonxy all offered legitimate examples-- the last wins the thread. "Macarena" is maybe the biggest one-hit wonder ever. Gotta be up there with "Walking on Sunshine". Even the Crash Test Dummies had more than one charting hit (three, in fact). Not a single person in this thread can name either of the other two off the top of their head.

My mention of Wilson Phillips is the worst offender. They were absolutely enormous for a while. They had three #1's for pete's sake, LOL. But I feel they fit in the thread spiritually for that reason. I can't think of a band that was bigger that has been more swallowed up by time in the past 30 years. For comparison look at the other #1 hits for their entire years, respectively, during that decade, and the artists who made them:
  • 1996 - "Macarena (Bayside Boys Remix)" by Los del Rio
  • 1997 - "Candle in the Wind / Something About the Way You Look Tonight" (Elton John)
They tried to bring back Wilson Phillips with the movie Bridesmaids, but it failed.

I think their sound fit well into that late 80's, turn of a decade, early 90's soft pop woman singer genre.

• 1996 - "Macarena (Bayside Boys Remix)" by Los del Rio

I was already about to point that out earlier about Wilson Phillips. But I do agree that they still fit the thread. So I kept quiet...untill now lol.
But its quite hard to say what is a real hit and what not anyways. Im not from the US and different countries/regions may have way different perspectives.
The 90s are a big chunk of my youth so trying to remember these songs, post em and getting some inspiration in here is good memories, even if I dont like a lot of them that much.
Im not done.

Did Golden Earring have a hit in the 90's?
I realize they have multiple hits, but so much time passed in between them that I still consider them a one hit wonder

Golden Earring had more than one hit. Radar Love was the big one and Twilight Zone was big too.

This might top my most-hated songs from the 90's. I remember my blood curdling every time it came on the radio.
i don't even want to post the video as it may continue to come up in my feed, but i'll see your ''Bitch'' and raise you ''What's Up'' by 4 Non Blondes, jfc, i still hate that song as much as i did back then.

Back