Media Gillespie vs. Islam Not happening.

I have a feeling he’ll end up fighting Ferreira.

Lee admitted to turning down the fight with Islam.

Lol no he didnt, stop with this bullshit

Kevin Lee has fought: Barboza, RDA, Tony, Al twice, Gillespie, Chiesa, been calling out Khabib forever, etc. Dude isnt scared of fuckong Islam Makachev

He literally said that he wanted the Islam fight in his contract for the Oliveira fight if he wins and that he would fight him in Russia.

Stop making shit up

Islam ducking yet another wrestler

Both he and Khabib have never fought an elite wrestler in their lives
Perhaps when your legendary d1 wrestler is good enough for a title shot , Im sure he will be happy to accommodate him.
But at this stage there are sweet fuck all in the top 10 so youll have to keep smivelling in your beer at the perceived outrage.

Lol no he didnt, stop with this bullshit

Kevin Lee has fought: Barboza, RDA, Tony, Al twice, Gillespie, Chiesa, been calling out Khabib forever, etc. Dude isnt scared of fuckong Islam Makachev

He literally said that he wanted the Islam fight in his contract for the Oliveira fight if he wins and that he would fight him in Russia.

Stop making shit up

Im not making anything up, there was an interview where he was asked about the fight and he said he turned down the Islam fight cause it was on the prelims and the fight with Olivera was going to have a much higher profile position on the card. I don't blame him for that cause it's smart to get more people watching you fight, but he did say it.

He rejected the fight being on the prelims not cause it was Islam.

Here is the interview where he says he turned down the fight with Islam on the Prelims, I just googled Kevin Lee interview and set the time frame for the last month. It was super easy to find.

Last edited:
Im not making anything up, there was an interview where he was asked about the fight and he said he turned down the Islam fight cause it was on the prelims and the fight with Olivera was going to have a much higher profile position on the card. I don't blame him for that cause it's smart to get more people watching you fight, but he did say it.

Here is the interview where he says he turned down the fight with Islam on the Prelims, I just googled Kevin Lee interview and set the time frame for the last month. It was super easy to find.

When he said "on the undercard" I think he meant Khabib-Ferguson would be the main event and not Lee-Makhachev, I dont think he meant prelims but either way, correct Islam didnt duck. He's been calling out Fighter Kevin Lee for nearly two years now, since his win over Kajan Johnson.

FKL said in another interview the UFC 249 card was already stacked enough so that's why UFC suggested they fight later in Russia.

When he said "on the undercard" I think he meant Khabib-Ferguson would be the main event and not Lee-Makhachev, I dont think he meant prelims but either way, correct Islam didnt duck. He's been calling out Fighter Kevin Lee for nearly two years now, since his win over Kajan Johnson.

FKL said in another interview the UFC 249 card was already stacked enough so that's why UFC suggested they fight later in Russia.

Yeah, I don't see an issue with what Lee said, I just wanted to post that interview cause people are irrationally hateful towards Islam and make stuff up.

Gillespie vs. Islam Not happening.

giphy.gif
C'mon man...

"We tried to make that fight happen on the undercard, but I like it better in Russia."

He didn't remotely say he refused the fight, or turned down the prelim card, he literally just said WE TRIED TO MAKE THAT FIGHT HAPPEN ON THE UNDERCARD.

He's then saying, not to be sour grapes, that he's going to like it even better if they can do it in Russia, since the fight didn't materialize.

Please tell me this - I am really interested.

What elite wrestlers are there at Lightweight? Ferguson? Gaethje? Poirier? - not close. Lee? - better, but still not close.

There are no elite wrestlers at LW.

However, Nurmagomedov did fight Ali Bagov when he was younger and Bagov is one of the best grapplers at LW right now (although he fights in ACA). Bagov would ruin a lot of the lightweight top 10.

Also, how can Makhachev be ducking if this fight was only but a rumor? dumbass

If I was Sean Shelby I'd be giving Islam the following list of opponents:

- Alexander Yakovlev
- Vinc Pichel
- Matt Frevola

You want a big name? Agree to fight Khabib if you break into the title picture. Don't agree to that? Move to 170lbs. Don't agree to that? Fuck off to PFL.
I think most of the times it's fighters ducking Islam rather than other way around.

right. cherry picked opponents like many other popular ufc fighters.

dana just has some guys protected under his wing.

Last edited:
I think Khabib being champion is one of the reasons the UFC keeps Islam away from top 15 opponents or better, they don't want Islam to end up clearly being the next best guy in the division who won't fight Khabib for the title. I know he's made it pretty clear though that he plans on retiring early for an MMA fighter so that Islam can get his shot at the belt.
I don't know.

dana and the ufc have put life time training partners against each other before.

remember the jones Rashad drama.

now we got Colby and mas drama.

never say never

Yeah, I don't see an issue with what Lee said, I just wanted to post that interview cause people are irrationally hateful towards Islam and make stuff up.

They are jealous, is normal

I don't know.

dana and the ufc have put life time training partners against each other before.

remember the jones Rashad drama.

now we got Colby and mas drama.

never say never

That's not Dana's decision, that's on the fighters. If Khabib doesn't want to fight Islam he won't

So if he’s no longer fighting Islam is it safe to say he has embraced Islam and is a Muslim now?

Back