Media Gillespie vs. Islam Not happening.

He literally just fought one of the best BJJ guys in the division, lmao what?

Makhachev has fought primarily wrestlers and grapplers. Gillespie has only fought 1 competent wrestler - Lee, and he got finished badly.
Your objectivity is not good for Sherbros. Why you gotta ruin their day?

I don't know.

dana and the ufc have put life time training partners against each other before.

remember the jones Rashad drama.

now we got Colby and mas drama.

never say never

Khabib and Islam are more than training partners lol.

Islam was raised by Khabib's family after his own parents passed away at a young age. They are cousins but were raised like brothers.

There's no chance they would fight.

Khabib never fought an elite Amateur Wrestler.
Trujillo was a 4x all American in a solid talent pool. NAIA div I schools are about the size of NCAA div II schools.

Healy was NCAA Div II

Kamal Shalorus placed 8th in the Olympic qualifiers which is extremely impressive.

tenor.gif
Yep
Basically,
20115309-0F91-48E8-B49F-7075EF4C0955.gif

I don't know about that, but I do think it's about time that people stop buying into whatever this twitter account posts

Whoever runs this account probably thinks he's doing Islam a favor by making rumors to show UFC that fans get excited for his upcoming fights. But it's stupid and annoying.

Khabib never fought an elite Amateur Wrestler.

Machachev keeps ducking anybody with any kind of grappling skills.

Good God, you guys are humiliating yourselves.

Khabib's debut was against a guy who finished 8th at olympic qualifiers in wrestling, Pat Healy was a collegiate wrestler, Trujillo was an all american, Michael Johnson was a collegiate wrestler, Tavares is a 3rd degree black belt, Tibau is a black belt, RDA is a black belt, Poirier is a black belt. Islam just beat an ADCC champ 4 months ago and submitted a black belt 2 fights before that,

Do you guys just not follow combat sports at all other than Conor?

Khabib's debut was against a guy who finished 8th at olympic qualifiers in wrestling, Pat Healy was a collegiate wrestler, Trujillo was an all american, Michael Johnson was a collegiate wrestler, Tavares is a 3rd degree black belt, Tibau is a black belt, RDA is a black belt, Poirier is a black belt. Islam just beat an ADCC champ 4 months ago and submitted a black belt 2 fights before that,

it doesnt suit their narrative, they just dont want to believe that their Captain America D1 'wrastlin' god can be beaten

it doesnt suit their narrative, they just dont want to believe that their Captain America D1 'wrastlin' god can be beaten
Nah, they both have Conor names so they're just salty about their boy getting whipped. Conor has fought 2 wrestlers. Mendes didn't have a training camp and still ragdolled him until he gassed, and Khabib completed worked him over and subbed him.

He literally just fought one of the best BJJ guys in the division, lmao what?

Makhachev has fought primarily wrestlers and grapplers. Gillespie has only fought 1 competent wrestler - Lee, and he got finished badly.
Yeah, the real argument should be that Islam hasn't fought a top-ranked opponent to deserve some of this hype, he's fought grapplers, just not grapplers that are currently top 20.

I’ve never seen a single one of those guys in the WWE. Let me know when they fight real wrestlers. With ladders. Until then, spare me those “wrestling” accolades. “ADCC” pffft.

Like who? Lee is the one who turned down the fight with Machachev not the other way around. He also recently beat Davi Ramos who is a ADCC winner which completely invalidates your post.
I could have sworn Lee said the UFC didn’t want it and that he still wants it?

Either way, unlikely either guy is ducking. That said, for every 10 matchups Islam gets tied to, 1 comes to fruition and of those he pulls out of half. Maybe it’s his manager?

Last edited:
So much hate here. Maybe Islam should change his name to Christian

I could have sworn Lee said the UFC didn’t want it and that he still wants it?

Either way, unlikely either guy is ducking. That said, for every 10 matchups Islam gets tied to, 1 comes to fruition and of those he pulls out of half. Maybe it’s his manager?

He did say that but he also said they offered him the fight with Islam but it was on the undercard/prelims and the Olivera fight was going to be on the main card. I don't think it's ducking I think the UFC gave him 2 options and he picked the one where he would be on the main card. It does seem like the UFC doesn't want it which would explain why they would put Lee vs Islam on an undercard and give him a better option so he would take the better option.

He did say that but he also said they offered him the fight with Islam but it was on the undercard/prelims and the Olivera fight was going to be on the main card. I don't think it's ducking I think the UFC gave him 2 options and he picked the one where he would be on the main card. It does seem like the UFC doesn't want it which would explain why they would put Lee vs Islam on an undercard and give him a better option so he would take the better option.
Oh. I totally misinterpreted it. I thought he meant undercard as in co-main or main card but not the main event

Back