• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Gillespie runs 6 miles in 30 minutes???!

I believe it. Even when i was 35yr old i was up to 10 miles in an hour, maybe 75 minutes tops. So yeah.

42mins for a 10k is ok for a club runner, nothing mind blowing but not too shabby. If he hasn't been running like he said, and he wasn't pushing for a time, he could probably cut a anywhere from 2-5mins of that pretty easily. Depends if he's running a track though too. He could be on a machine in which case it's all building numbers anyway
Agreed. I think someone with a regular MMA-physique "maxes out" at PB's of 35 minutes for 10k - surely there may be some who can do better, but if you've got some muscle on yourself, then that is a very good time i think.

I ran for a team triathlon many years ago (just for fun, none of us were serious competitors). The running part was 5 miles. Another team got a local college track star from Kenya to run for them. He ran 5 miles in just over 23 minutes. So it's certainly possible, but for a guy who also trains MMA full-time and needs a decent amount of muscle mass? Not sure I'm buying that at all.

Nick Diaz vs. Gillespie in a 10K. If Nick still runs and can stay sober long enough...

He's a FW, hope he drops before he gets bodies by a big boy at 55. Feed him to Hooker

Jesus Christ. I picked up running a few months ago. It's fucking hard lol. I can run ONE mile in a little under 10 mins and I feel like I'm about to die after that. I have newfound respect for runners. Shit is brutal.
It really is brutal. Was running 5K in between 25-26minutes and felt like shit during doing so. Running at that intensity is atrocious. But one is happy and proud after it.

EDIT: Keep going man. But don't overdo it with the running, too much running at a high intensity is not good!

On topic he personal claims he avg 6.41 minute miles over a 7mile total.

Who?? I can make up names too. Frank Jones ran in 30 sexonds!
I will forgive your ignorance. I had never heard of Drake till the May Mac Toronto presser

It really is brutal. Was running 5K in between 25-26minutes and felt like shit during doing so. Running at that intensity is atrocious. But one is happy and proud after it.

EDIT: Keep going man. But don't overdo it with the running, too much running at a high intensity is not good!

It gets much easier the longer you do it. I've been running for about 5 years now the first year was brutal but every year it gets a little easier. Usually do between 2.5 to 4 miles a day depending on how much time I have in between work shifts.

You're not doing this right at all.
Here-
"I picked up running a few months ago. When I first started I was just over 6 mins a mile for 5 miles. Lately I've gotten to 5:15 a mile for 5, and I'm not really pushing too hard. I should be in the 4's by this weekend. You guys must live in your mom's basement subsisting on Cheetos and mountain dew. Get off the couch and exercise, It's not as hard as you think."
Jesus Christ. I picked up running a few months ago. It's fucking hard lol. I can run ONE mile in a little under 10 mins and I feel like I'm about to die after that. I have newfound respect for runners. Shit is brutal.

all ah sudden every sherdogger is now an elite level runner

That's not only ridiculous cardio, that's Olympic pace or better.. I'd definitely need to see some proof.lol Not saying he can't do that, but it would be insane for an MMA fighter to maintain a good amount of bulk and accomplish that.

I'm assuming "runs 5 minute miles and will run 6 miles in a row" means he runs six five-minute miles with rest periods in-between. Otherwise they would say something like "runs 6 miles at a five-minute mile pace."

I did track in college mostly 800. I will tell you that is ridiculous pace. In practice we usually ran 4 miles in 26 minutes something. 6 miles in 30 minutes that olympic level standards. Highly unlikely for mma fighter.

That would make him competitive with the top D1 cross country runners in the country. It's either an exaggeration or he misspoke in the interview, there's no way Gillespie is running those times

We might have a sherdogger in our hands

Timestamp: 5:13

Yves Edwards on Rogan's podcast.. Somehow the conversation transitioned to Gregory Gillespie's conditioning and Edwards says Gregor runs 5 minute miles and will run 6 miles in a row...

That's fucking retarded cardio!!!
Can any of you confirm?

it is

Bullshit. 10 000 meters world record is about 26.30. No way Gillespie can ever come close to that with his short manlet legs and muscles.

Back