• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Gillespie runs 6 miles in 30 minutes???!

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score

Timestamp: 5:13

Yves Edwards on Rogan's podcast.. Somehow the conversation transitioned to Gregory Gillespie's conditioning and Edwards says Gregor runs 5 minute miles and will run 6 miles in a row...

That's fucking retarded cardio!!!
Can any of you confirm?

That's pretty damn impressive if true.

That's not only ridiculous cardio, that's Olympic pace or better.. I'd definitely need to see some proof.lol Not saying he can't do that, but it would be insane for an MMA fighter to maintain a good amount of bulk and accomplish that.

EPOsitively amazing performance.

yea im gonna need to see it to believe that one.

That's not only ridiculous cardio, that's Olympic pace or better.. I'd definitely need to see some proof.lol Not saying he can't do that, but it would be insane for an MMA fighter to maintain a good amount of bulk and accomplish that.
He absolutely can't do that. A 5 minute mile for 6 miles is elite runner level. A guy running to improve his cardio for other sports is not doing this. Especially with his physique and USADA testing.

Roger bannister run a mile in under 4 minutes
Nothing to see here

I think this is supposed to be two separate points. The dude can run a five minute mile, but he can also run six miles.

Can confirm. Was riding piggyback. Had my phone timer, a stop watch, and my mental clock going. All times were +/- .0005 seconds. That's statistically significant

#DickNoseSquad
#Cardio4Days

Who knows? I'd say no. But then again, I don't know....because I wasn't riding piggyback. Sorry.

sounds bullshitty. that's a quarter marathon at a clip faster than elite marathon runners, and gillespie is just over manlet size.

Yeah but does he even lift brah

ZiMsbAFOcFQsgaqbHgMnDMcTlBbSa3KjbPw94-ZSXNU.jpg

Every Shertard commenting in this thread thinking it's impossible.

200px-Neckbeards.png

that could be interpreted a couple of different ways. maybe he rests for 5 minutes between miles or maybe he can run 6 miles straight without resting.

I need proof to even possibly believe that. The dude probably weighs 165-170 when he isn't cutting. Hard to believe he can hold a pace like that given how much muscle he probably carries.

Wouldn't be the first time ridiculous claims have been made about JRE. That show presented Ronda as a world class boxer with stats to back it (that no one ever saw).

So he can either run a 5 minute mile OR 6 miles in a row

Not 6 miles at a 5 min per mile pace

Back