Rumored Gilbert Burns vs. Sean Brady targeted for UFC Fight Night main event on Sept. 7

• Thread starter Deleted member 592271
  • Start date
Great crossroads fight. Should be a fun grappling match; most people avoid the ground with Burns, but I think Brady will willingly engage.

Brady via decision.

Excellent fight for a Fight Night card, especially if it's not main event.

Will take that all day long.

Welterweight is terrible these days

Burns is aging badly, but stylistically -- on paper -- this fight sort of seems to favor him. I know someone will mention the grappling match between Craig and Brady, but there were a lot of extenuating circumstances there and I'd pick Craig to beat Brady in a rematch anyway. Burns isn't known for having an elite bottom game or anything, but he was able to dissuade Khamzat from wrestling and has really never been thoroughly outgrappled. Maia came closest but even with him, one hasty transition was enough for Burns to capitalize.

On the feet, I am still not sure about Sean's striking. He looks like one of those guys who is technically proficient but doesn't really know how to adapt to changing circumstances. He almost looks like he's drilling pad-work inside the cage. When the fight stays at his preferred range and pace, sure. He can string out good combinations and look very competent in doing so. But he has weird lapses that sort of worry me. Even with Gastelum, I'm not convinced Sean would have won any protracted striking exchange -- the tale of that fight was very obviously the fact that Kelvin was woefully underprepared for the grappling threat and couldn't keep his feet under him even when throwing strikes. I think Gilbert will have less fear of the TDs and will have the aggression to crack Sean's composure... but it's possible this is a changing of the guard moment.

I’m going Brady and I like this fight stylistically for both men

Hoping the old war horse Burns wins in dominant fashion and the stars align for one last title shot.

I like Gil here, dude goes to war and was doing well against the stud JDM until he got caught, good stylistic matchup for him imo against Brady here.

Is this the time we see Brady taking the big step up in his striking. Would be wild if managed to Awrestle Burns when Khamzat couldnt.

Very good fight, should be exciting. I'm slightly leaning towards Brady, but can never count Burns out.

Burns is the man but I think he's starting to lose a step. 37 years old, coming off back to back losses.

I think a younger burns would have found a way to win those last two fights..

And Sean Brady.. people count him out from that Belal fight, but he's got some really great grappling. I think he will win with his takedowns and control time if I'm being honest. Would love to be wrong!

He was doing really good against JDM until he got blasted.
Young or old Gilbert wasn't walking through that knee to be honest sir.

Brady doesn't have good stand up, and Burns has good enough grappling to negate a lot of what Brady brings on the ground.

I think Gilbert my surprise people here.

Damn gb needs a win bad I think he gets it if he fights sean

Back