Media GIFs - Khabib's takedown and armbar attempt from RD 1

I'll never believe that any D1 all time american blabla wrestling champion who never wrestle in his MMA career will have superior wrestling against a grappler in an MMA fight anymore.

Literally every one of Khabib’s opponents defended better on the ground than Justin did. I’m shocked at how bad Justin’s BJJ was. He’s lucky that most of the top 5 UFC LWs are strikers. I don’t think he would do well against the likes of Oliveira and CDF.
He would absolutely smash Oliveira and CDF. Statements like this massively underrate Khabib. Oliveira and CDF are not taking Gaethje to the ground. The sprawl he hit Khabib with would have every other LW giving up on TDs for the rest of the fight.

The look on Gaethjes face, man. You see it on all of Khabib’s opponents once he gets them down. The guy must be so unbelievably strong because everyone has been out-grappled before but these guys look like they’ve seen a ghost after he grabs them.

He would absolutely smash Oliveira and CDF. Statements like this massively underrate Khabib. Oliveira and CDF are not taking Gaethje to the ground. The sprawl he hit Khabib with would have every other LW giving up on TDs for the rest of the fight.

I was referring to Gaethje not Khabib. Meant that Gaethje still has a good shot of becoming LW champ because none of the top 5 pose a significant grappling threat to him.

I think this is a great sprawl but again Khabib.. Monster

This is my feeling as well. That sprawl was fast but the way Khabib changed his level and switched from single to waist lock made it look like Gaethje had been caught way more out of position than he really was. It’s chain wrestling that people just haven’t ever seen before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was referring to Gaethje not Khabib. Meant that Gaethje still has a good shot of becoming LW champ because none of the top 5 pose a significant grappling threat to him.
That's even worse. You think khabib wouldn't do well against the guy that was smashed by Paul Felder's GNP and subbed by both Lamas and Pettis prior? That would be one of Khabib's easiest matchups.

Prime RDA is a better BJJ guy than CDF and Oliveira (also much stronger) and Khabib mauled him.

I think this is a great sprawl but again Khabib.. Monster

Justin sprawled really well, but he didn't get up and back off immediately. That's his mistake. Even from a failed TD, Khabib is still in his comfort zone because he's still grappling on the mat. That's his home. Staying there is a death sentence for anyone.

He's just another type of human this guy. I can't wait until someone figures out Khabib's secret,, be it by an opponent or one of his students. Still Khabib's journey is surely a remarkable one

We've seen that look before...

f4xlzui83bv51.jpg

It's like they're drowning.

Where's that kooky D1 WRESTLER dude to claim some mom's basement rebuttals

{<Scared}

The s
He's just another type of human this guy. I can't wait until someone figures out Khabib's secret,, be it by an opponent or one of his students. Still Khabib's journey is surely a remarkable one
The "secret" is very well known. Started grappling since he could walk, had a father who was a world champion and an amazing trainer and brought Khabib up by making him work hard for everything. Training since childhood in the region with the best wrestlers in the world, having a tough childhood... Just a perfect combination for being successful...

I thought people stopped giving a shit about D1 credentials when GSP took a year off after Serra KOd him and came back and out wrestled Koscheck, Fitch and Hughes?

Those D1 All American credentials on display..

That's exactly what I was thinking during the fight. Justin's coach was saying after the weight-in that they hid their main card, Justin's credential as a wrestler. All those credentials were dogshit once Khabib put him on the mat.

Those D1 All American credentials on display..

They don't train the cage though really. Khabib makes good use of the cage in this gif, where you can't sprawl out if it's at your back.

But certainly just because someone is D1 doesn't mean they are super in the octagon.

This is my feeling as well. That sprawl was fast but the way Khabib changed his level and switched from single to waste lock made it look like Gaethje had been caught way more out of position than he really was. It’s chain wrestling that people just haven’t ever seen before.
I remember Justin being way out of position and leaning forward. No, Khabib just cut the corner with ease.

Back