Iron Skin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
GNbgAH5.gif

xvZHKYb.gif

We've seen that look before...

f4xlzui83bv51.jpg
Everyone hears the stories from Khabib's opponents. "He's really heavy, he's really strong, he's impossible to get off of you" etc etc

And every opponent trains for weeks to avoid the grappling, to get back up, to implement their fight

And then Khabib gets his hands on them. And they all realize they never had a chance. All that time and effort and hard work was wasted.

That's what that face is. It's not just that they're lost and overwhelmed, it's that they realize they can never close that gap, that they were never going to be ready for Khabib, that they've wasted their time even bothering to try.

Those D1 All American credentials on display..
To be fair to Justin, he did avoid a couple earlier TD attempts in the first round. But when he stuffed that last TD in the first, he went down too far and couldn't get up quick enough, and even though he stuffed it, he wound up on his back.

Stuffing a TD isn't good enough against Khabib, you have to get up and get away immediately. Justin didn't and he almost got submitted at the end of the round. After that, he knew he couldn't compete on the mat and kinda gave up

I’ve never seen a fighter fear a takedown as much as Justin did. He had nothing to offer Khabib on the ground.
I wouldn't call it fear, its just being aware of the takedown. I wouldn't call her performance gun shy or anything like that, he was being cautious. If someone has a laser right hand people are cautious of that too. He was trying to play a smart game because he knew brawling would end up on the ground. And justin just had a pretty technical win over tony so I would say e is confident.

I’ve never seen a fighter fear a takedown as much as Justin did. He had nothing to offer Khabib on the ground.

Literally every one of Khabib’s opponents defended better on the ground than Justin did. I’m shocked at how bad Justin’s BJJ was. He’s lucky that most of the top 5 UFC LWs are strikers. I don’t think he would do well against the likes of Oliveira and CDF.

Everyone hears the stories from Khabib's opponents. "He's really heavy, he's really strong, he's impossible to get off of you" etc etc

And every opponent trains for weeks to avoid the grappling, to get back up, to implement their fight

And then Khabib gets his hands on them. And they all realize they never had a chance. All that time and effort and hard work was wasted.

That's what that face is. It's not just that they're lost and overwhelmed, it's that they realize they can never close that gap, that they were never going to be ready for Khabib, that they've wasted their time even bothering to try.
When u feel the grip strength of someone whose been wrestling for that long is CRAZY!! It's something that ur not prepared for and can't prepare for. All the weight lifting and muscles can't help u sometimes. DC is from my hometown and comes by our gym alot, and when he shows guys techniques and grabs a hold of ur neck, it is paralyzing. Ive gotten man handled by guys who have been wrestling their entire life, and I out weighed them sometimes by 30 lbs.

Dude Khabib was putting so much forward pressure on him, he barely had any space for more than a few seconds. That alone will put u off ur game. Khabib is the best for a reason. He forces u to make mistakes. He looked like he was in a rush to finish the fight. Also, Gaethje landed some really good shots and even better leg kicks, he just got beat like every other guy thats faced Khabib. I just can't listen to this scared BS anymore. EVERYONE has gotten their ass handed to them thats faced Khabib. Causing Gaethje to fight off his back foot was a genius game plan

It kind of looked like Khabib was actually going for a bicep slicer at the end of round 1.

Very rare submission that I don't think I've seen yet in MMA.

I'm shocked by Gaethje's lack of defensive wrestling. I thought he'd at least get one good sprawl.

Back