Media GIFs - Khabib's takedown and armbar attempt from RD 1

Literally every one of Khabib’s opponents defended better on the ground than Justin did. I’m shocked at how bad Justin’s BJJ was. He’s lucky that most of the top 5 UFC LWs are strikers. I don’t think he would do well against the likes of Oliveira and CDF.
Justin doesn't really play guard like most fighters, he just gets up. And against a lot of grapplers that works well, guys with good positioning would struggle to get him down if he's trying to avoid their takedowns and guys with good takedowns might not be able to control him on the mat. Thing is Khabib is prepared for that since he has excellent takedowns, transitions, mat control, and submissions.

I'm shocked by Gaethje's lack of defensive wrestling. I thought he'd at least get one good sprawl.
He actually shrugged Khabib off, early on. He had the defensive wrestling just fine, but khabib pulled some clever shit on both takedowns. The first, khabib actually used the cage to smother Justin's sprawl, which allowed him to get underneath of it.

The second, Justin did what good wrestlers do, but the crazy quickness with which switched from the double, to sitting back, to using the momentum to drive through and then step over to the back take...that shit was fucking crazy. P4P, very few in the UFC have what it takes to stop chains and transitions like that.

People who say khabib’s fights are boring are out of their mind. He’s so good, could watch him fight all day.

I'll never believe that any D1 all time american blabla wrestling champion who never wrestle in his MMA career will have superior wrestling against a grappler in an MMA fight anymore.
Yeah agree with this. D1 wrestling is a joke compared to what these elite grapples do.

GNbgAH5.gif

xvZHKYb.gif
Justin needs to work on his ground game. That was a really high chest mount, should have been able to buck him off before he could grab the arm bar, but he never even attempted to move his hip.

Back