• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GIF of Ward's LoBlo

Nah they saw the same thing. They just know that the belt line isnt low.
did you watch the clip in the original post?

i don't care what the ref or roy jones say, we have eyes and can see that the blow that put sergei down was in the dick. it isn't even up for debate, ffs.

he might very well have been on the way out anyway, but that final uppercut was straight into his nuts. you can't possibly be objective and say it was clean.

i don't care what the ref or roy jones say, we have eyes and can see that the blow that put sergei down was in the dick. it isn't even up for debate, ffs.

he might very well have been on the way out anyway, but that final uppercut was straight into his nuts. you can't possibly be objective and say it was clean.

This. And im not even sergei fan so that excuse thats being thrown around wont work.

clearly a cock punch

I didn't bet on this as I knew something fishy would happen.

The purple prose of sour grapes.

I wish you'd have as critical an eye on Kovalev, who ruined whatever reputation he may have had going in. Andre Ward is the only one being put under the microscope. I'm starting to believe the Ward camp's narrative that people are out to get him and he isn't getting a fair shake. I used to dismiss those claims as self-pity. Not anymore.

Who says otherwise? Who dares dispute he had his own part to play? You infer and through inference fail to realize context. The comment was about Ward, I kept it about Ward. Anything else would serve to only enlarge the scope of things. I was not interested in that.

Eat of your own grapes, for I care not of their taste.

Kovalev, for his own part will be icing his.

Who says otherwise? Who dares dispute he had his own part to play? You infer and through inference fail to realize context. The comment was about Ward, I kept it about Ward. Anything else would serve to only enlarge the scope of things. I was not interested in that.

Eat of your own grapes, for I care not of their taste.

Kovalev, for his own part will be icing his.

Not saying you disputed that he played his part. I said i wish you'd take a more critical look at Kov's part. Which you clearly aren't given the sole focus on Andre.

Everyone's willing to write pages on the flaws and failures of Andre Ward. Kovalev always gets a pass. Spend some time on Kovalev if you wan't people to listen. Otherwise its just sour grapes.

Haha. The Kova Fans are Crying like Bitches. I love it. Amyone trying to deny Wards victory is a Bitch Ass Hater.

Or, you know, fans of boxing who hate to see a fighter lose as a direct result of being fouled. That's an option, too.

Not saying you disputed that he played his part. I said i wish you'd take a more critical look at Kov's part. Which you clearly aren't given the sole focus on Andre.

Everyone's willing to write pages on the flaws and failures of Andre Ward. Kovalev always gets a pass. Spend some time on Kovalev if you wan't people to listen. Otherwise its just sour grapes.

Truthfully, there are threads tearing into his humanity and accusations leveled against him as a brutal, unforgiving man, perhaps even a racist. Perhaps I did not comment there because I agreed. Perhaps. Perhaps consider what is said, and not just what is not said.

What I mentioned about Ward was on point. I find people defending Ward will criticize me for that comment, when in truth I acknowledged that the win was on it's way. But they overlook that lack of bias, that's not good enough for Ward fans. They need him to walk away clean. They feel jilted and off put when people mention a true but inconvenient comment about their fighter. Whether or not you are a Ward fan, matters not to me. The truth is there. I was not being bias, I focused on the thread and maintained an even opinion.

People will mentally highlight what they want or long for what is not present. Many already listened because I speak the truth - you commented, and thus listened. I can only wonder if, through this brief dialogue you have a clarity hat was not present before.

It's normal.

Ward had Kovalev hurt and was breaking him down to the body... still Kovalev was hit with a low blow in the previous round and 3 in a row before Weeks stopped it.

Ward had him beat and was going to have Kov out of there within a round or two. With that being said, you don't get a free nut shot/foul on someone just because you have the fight won anyway

yeah, it's not CLEARLY low. It may have strayed a touch low, but if you think being a centimetre at most too low was the difference in that fight, you're crazy. I'm pretty shocked that Kovalev was clearly softened by Ward the way he was, but unless they find that Ward had loaded gloves, it looked pretty legit.

The one in the 7th round that made Kovalev double over as if hit low, causing Tony Weeks to scoff at him... wasn't low. The two punch combo in the 8th that made Kovalev double over as if hit low, causing Ward to stand there and look at the ref as if to say "what should I do here?"... were not low either. That's two instances prior to that big beginning-of-the-end right hand where Sergey was visibly hurt by legal blows only for him to delay the action protesting them. He also showed how exhausted he was when he turned his back to Ward early that round as well.

Of the many body shots at the end of the fight, only one was clearly low and there's another where the top half of Andre's glove is on the belt and the lower half below it. The rest we didn't get a good enough angle on. Giving the referee the benefit of the doubt, he very well may not have seen that one clear low blow and he had every reason to believe that Kovalev was looking for a way out... again.

Kovalev was bent over like a bitch to avoid punishment here. You're not allowed to punch to the back of the head, and Kovalev was bent with his arms covering his upper body which is why Ward had to go somewhat low.

It's Kovalev who's bending the rules here...ducking down so your opponent can't hit you because you're not allowed to hit the back of the head is a classic bitch move...stand up and fight like a man.

anyone who tries to argue or excuse the fact that ward hit him low you can immediately put on your ignore list; they are 100% trolls

it was a great fight, shame ward couldnt keep it clean and the ref couldnt do his job

Kovalev was bending over like a girl because

That shot went low because of Kovalev's posture...he was bent over try to avoid punishment at all costs.

Kovalev was bending over like a girl because

That shot went low because of Kovalev's posture...he was bent over try to avoid punishment at all costs.
possible. but that doesn't change the fact that he was punched in the nuts.

it seems to me the majority of this board claims the punch was clean, which is fucking retarded.

oh and lol at you calling sergei fucking kovalev a bitch. the arrogance some of you display from your couches is incredible.

Last edited:
possible. but that doesn't change the fact that he was punched in the nuts.

it seems to me the majority of this board claims the punch was clean, which is fucking retarded.

It is beyond stupid and everyone who says that last shot was clean is a liar. RR says it was low and he actually knows Andre Ward and deals with boxing for a fucking living. So pretty much case closed right there.

Again, I don't think it changed the outcome. Kov was losing that fight regardless and probably getting stopped. He had nothing for Ward. Standing there throwing nothing punches with his mouth wide open getting rocked horribly by a guy without serious power. Ward owns Kov's ass low blows or not.

The shot that bent Kovalev over was also low. There were a few.
giphy.gif

Back