Gi Review: Storm Kimonos 'Typhoon' gi

I have 2 Vulcan Pro Light Gi's which I love and I also have an Atama Gi which is great quality but is a bit too big for me and is REALLY heavy. I'm thinking of either selling the Atama or having it tailored. Not sure if tailoring it will work though?

Hmm, which Atama do you own? I was thinking of purchasing a Mundial 9 for my next gi, but the Storm is tempting!

Hmm, which Atama do you own? I was thinking of purchasing a Mundial 9 for my next gi, but the Storm is tempting!

I have the Mundial 9 and it's great but I prefer the Storm over the Atama. The Atama gi is too heavy for me and it doesn't fit me that well. Either gi is great though and you won't be sorry either way.

Meerkatsu,

I was wondering how the Storm looks flatten out.

I read this thread where StoicDude discusses the differences in the cut and how the Atama 7 gives a V taper when the skirt slits are aligned.
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f67/kimono-info-review-very-long-1042757/

I wonder if Storm does this as well.

The arms are definitely sloped to point downwards. I can't remember the side vents and how they relate to the over all cut. The photo I took unfortunately omits this view and I no longer have the Storm in my possession:

SEY_6948.jpg

The arms are definitely sloped to point downwards. I can't remember the side vents and how they relate to the over all cut. The photo I took unfortunately omits this view and I no longer have the Storm in my possession:

SEY_6948.jpg

thanks for the reply.

I just bought one of these iam 5'9 225 stocky, bought an a3 and it fits almost perfect except the sleeves are a tad long but iam hoping the sleeves will tighten over time .

i wear a a2h shoyoroll that has been shrunk more then 3 times to fit but these gi's are totally for the bigger more square shaped guys not for the guy with the gut the jeff monson disco gorilla style bodies .

how does the gi do in the dryer ? did it shrink really fast in it or did it take a few times to even see a little bit of shrinkage ?

I feel the same about the fit of the Storm.
I don't think there is a better fitting gi for a stocky, athletic build. Just my .02.
With that said, I put the gi in the dryer for 1 hour with minimal shrinkage.

Will try it again for another 30 minutes.
I really like the feel of the fabric as well.
Also - very good customer service.

Total fan.

i've had my storm for over a year now and the fabric still feels really soft. one drawback for this gi is that the fabric stretches a lot when i'm drenched in sweat. Otherwise, it's a nice gi

Little update on this i wore it for a bit I started to hate it and how the sleeves felt i washed it on warm water one day and it fits amazing haha .
I am glad i stuck with it i was gonna sell it .

Back