Gi Review: Fushida Komodo A1x blue

Mine just came! And two days ahead of schedule!
I'M SO EXCITED!

Mine just came! And two days ahead of schedule!
I'M SO EXCITED!

So what do you think of it?

I just got my Icon V2 from the new run of tall Judogis. I have to say I love it. I hate the fit of judogi, but this one actually fits me in the body. I have tried so many Judogi, but Christo has the Icon dialed in.

I just got my Icon V2 from the new run of tall Judogis. I have to say I love it. I hate the fit of judogi, but this one actually fits me in the body. I have tried so many Judogi, but Christo has the Icon dialed in.
Please post pics and/or a review!!

I really like it, i've only rolled in it once so far but it performed great, didn't stretch out and get sloppy at all, and looks amazing. Right out of the package it just looks like it's great quality.

A1X Komodo. Don't mind the cheesy smile I have on after winning my first match ever :icon_chee

62485_10100333134288063_5208450_63796111_1716845_n.jpg

A1X Komodo. Don't mind the cheesy smile I have on after winning my first match ever :icon_chee

62485_10100333134288063_5208450_63796111_1716845_n.jpg

hey one question, was that win in an ibjjf event?

if so did they give you problems because the patch on the pant leg is not exactly according to regulation? (15cm above the pant's bottom there shouldn't be any patches)

according to page 16 here
http://krbjj.com/images/IBJJFRulesRegulations.pdf

if so did they give you problems because the patch on the pant leg is not exactly according to regulation? (15cm above the pant's bottom there shouldn't be any patches)

This was Lutador Grappling in Marietta, GA so it wasn't an official ibjjf event. I do believe they followed ibjjf rules in regards to scoring.

This was Lutador Grappling in Marietta, GA so it wasn't an official ibjjf event. I do believe they followed ibjjf rules in regards to scoring.

yes, lutador follows ibjjf rules.

Foblander, I ordered my fushida mantis LOL

I had a gut feeling you would. :D lol What size did Christo recommend? A1?

A1 top and A0 pants since im short :mad:

I ordered Mantis instead of komodo haha. I cant wait till I get it. It left Canada already and its on the way to papa :D

Nice picture, I like this brand, delicate task but I think the trousers are too long.

These are the only trousers that actually fit me the best out of the three I have. Lay right above my ankle. I could shrink it if I want but it's perfect this way.

These are the only trousers that actually fit me the best out of the three I have. Lay right above my ankle. I could shrink it if I want but it's perfect this way.

same with mine. right above the ankle.
i am 5'8.

I have one in white and it is absolutely great. Their sizing assistance was spectacular and they will do half sizes as well as break apart pants and top into different sizes. Their pants are absolutely incredible, they are a waffle kind of material that stay extremely dry and dry very quickly. Thy have reinforcing in all the proper places and so far I couldn't be happier. With those half sizes and ability to split up top and bottom sizes along with their great customer service I don't think I'll buy another brand gi.

10/10 for me.

I competed at the American Nationals (USBJJF & IBJJF) last month with my Komodo gi and they had no problem with it. In fact, they didn't even mention it when they inspected my gi at weigh-in.

I competed at the American Nationals (USBJJF & IBJJF) last month with my Komodo gi and they had no problem with it. In fact, they didn't even mention it when they inspected my gi at weigh-in.

Cool, so glad you clarified this.
I think they allowed it because it is an embroidery instead of a patch which the rule/diagram is concerned with.

Back