Gi Review: Fushida Komodo A1x blue

Actually we are toying with the idea to do a complete new release in more cuts and also with the full color set. So the Mantis might not go through to blue/black colors as we anticipated originally.
This is however still in very early stages of development and we cant say which direction we will definitely go.

Thus within the first two quarters of 2011 we will be releasing either the added colors or we will release a total new model.

We have many new products in development for 2011 which is going to make next year pretty exciting for us.

nice. light weight gi with tru fit system implemented please :) keep it rough still hehe

I just talked to Christo and I just have to post one more time in this thread. If anyone is on the fence about ordering a Fushida gi, just do it. Christo's customer service is second to none, their product is excellent. He is helping me with an order for multiple guys in my dojo and I couldn't be happier with how things are going. He always has your best interests in mind and really just wants to fit you properly.

Thanks Christo!

We use the most cost effective shipping we can possibly obtain to ensure savings to our customers.
Also we do not provide a flat rate blanket shipping cost to the US. Each order has it's own package weight and dimenions and final destination which dictates final shipping costs. Each is calculated at time of order and differs from one area to the next.
We also quote the cost given to us for shipping. We are in the business of martial arts product supply and not in the business of making couple bucks from the shipping fees which is a service to get the products to our customers.
I think that is fair.

Don't think so. I bought A1X White Komodo Gi for right under $150 shipped tp FL. Fast shipping :)

Don't think so. I bought A1X White Komodo Gi for right under $150 shipped tp FL. Fast shipping :)

thanks for the info.

its either A1X Komodo or the Keiko Limited from Kinjisan for me.
right now leaning towards Keiko since I can physically try it out myself.

You should email Christo your measurements and he will tell you how it will fit on you. For me the Komodo is the best fitting gi out there. I am tall and really really really lean so the "x" sizes were beneficial to my body type. Great reinforcements and generous layers of stitching. It's a great looking minimalist gi made of high quality for a fair price.

I'm ordering one of these next week, or whenever I get around to doing the measurements.

I love that I can order it without the chest patches.

thanks for the info.

its either A1X Komodo or the Keiko Limited from Kinjisan for me.
right now leaning towards Keiko since I can physically try it out myself.

I have the navy limited edition keiko and it is a piece of crap compared to the Komodo. The Komodo is way more stiff and better fitting. My Kieko just kept shrinking like nuts. I ended up giving it to my son.

I have the white and the blue Komodo and I will own the black eventually.

You should email Christo your measurements and he will tell you how it will fit on you. For me the Komodo is the best fitting gi out there. I am tall and really really really lean so the "x" sizes were beneficial to my body type. Great reinforcements and generous layers of stitching. It's a great looking minimalist gi made of high quality for a fair price.

Got the sizing recommendation from Christo already A1X. I am 5'8 130lbs

I have the navy limited edition keiko and it is a piece of crap compared to the Komodo. The Komodo is way more stiff and better fitting. My Kieko just kept shrinking like nuts. I ended up giving it to my son.

I have the white and the blue Komodo and I will own the black eventually.

Is this the 2010 limited? What is your weight and height? What was the size that you got? How big is your son?

Sorry if too much questions.

I've been getting emails and comments from those wanting to know what the differences are like between the Komodo and the Mantis gis. I've only got the komodo so I asked my pal James, who has both, for his comments [James wears a size A1]:

"Aside from the weight difference, which isn't huge, there's pretty much zero difference. I think that's due to the superb fit. [The komodo] Didn't feel any hotter or cumbersome then the Mantis. Main difference is it doesn't stretch out when damp like lighter gis do, which is due to the tighter weave. Even the Mantis stretches out a little after hard training, but the Komodo completely holds its shape. Very impressed with it. Had to get the pants taken up, but that's no great pain. I still prefer the Mantis due to the lighter weight, but if the Komodo was the only model on offer I'd still think it's the best thing since sliced bread and would recommend it without hesitation."

My thanks to James and once again to Christo for offering the best gi service out there.

I've been getting emails and comments from those wanting to know what the differences are like between the Komodo and the Mantis gis. I've only got the komodo so I asked my pal James, who has both, for his comments [James wears a size A1]:

"Aside from the weight difference, which isn't huge, there's pretty much zero difference. I think that's due to the superb fit. [The komodo] Didn't feel any hotter or cumbersome then the Mantis. Main difference is it doesn't stretch out when damp like lighter gis do, which is due to the tighter weave. Even the Mantis stretches out a little after hard training, but the Komodo completely holds its shape. Very impressed with it. Had to get the pants taken up, but that's no great pain. I still prefer the Mantis due to the lighter weight, but if the Komodo was the only model on offer I'd still think it's the best thing since sliced bread and would recommend it without hesitation."

My thanks to James and once again to Christo for offering the best gi service out there.

I hate notice this with my Komodo - no stretching during training. All my other gi's grow during class - Atama Mundial 9, Keiko Limited etc.

Is this the 2010 limited? What is your weight and height? What was the size that you got? How big is your son?

Sorry if too much questions.

My son is about the same hie0ght - 6'1" but probably weighs 160. His arms and legs are shorter even though he is the same hieght... he must have a long torso.

I got the gi last year, so I guess it is not the 2010. I still vote for the Komodo.

Just paid for the A1X Komodo
Shipping to NYC is CAD25.50
Cant wait for it to arrive!

Back