New Ghostbusters Film out in 2020

First, I don’t really give a shit. Ghostbusters was good, but it wasn’t by any means as great as everyone is now pretending it to be to further their political narrative which is that women are ruining American culture.
Second, his comments were a jab at the remake with women, which sucked, but not because it started women. It sucked because it was basically a long SNL sketch that sucked and didn’t end.
Third, you are bitching about this, but where were you when the Asian chick in the new Star Wars movie was getting racist tweets and everything else sent her way? I’m guessing you were one of the people tweeting those messages.

First, I don’t really give a shit. Ghostbusters was good, but it wasn’t by any means as great as everyone is now pretending it to be to further their political narrative which is that women are ruining American culture.
Second, his comments were a jab at the remake with women, which sucked, but not because it started women. It sucked because it was basically a long SNL sketch that sucked and didn’t end.
Third, you are bitching about this, but where were you when the Asian chick in the new Star Wars movie was getting racist tweets and everything else sent her way? I’m guessing you were one of the people tweeting those messages.
<DontBelieve1>

Didn't know they were rebooting it again.

The original is sacred, regardless of politics it's a great fucking movie.

In this one the women stay home, take care of the house and raise the kids, while the men go out to hunt ghosts.

I do think the original is as good as the hype makes it personally, up there with the very best blockbusters of the 80's.

I'd agree though the real issue with the remake was it was a bog standard goofy modern comedy, a SNL sketch extended over a film. I think the focus on gender was really an effort to hide this and shield the film from deserved criticism.

Honestly whilst insecure scumbags ganging up on Kelly Tran is pretty disgusting I tend to think the makers of The Last Jedi deliberately set her up for be. It felt like dressing some innocent in a stars a stripes t-shirt and ari dropping them into an ISIS town then nashing your teeth about the inhumanity when they get chopped into little pieces.
Didn't know they were rebooting it again.

The original is sacred, regardless of politics it's a great fucking movie.

Although I would argue the original film definitely isn't without its politics and perhaps the difference between them tells you a lot about how things have changed in the media?

The original for me clearly has the Ghostbusters put into the role of exterminators guys working a blue collar public service kind of profession but ultimately saving the city/world. Basically glorifying such professions that are ultimately vital to society but tend to be looked down on, in this case by snooty hotel owners and arrogant public officials, Murray even chases the very upper class girl successfully.

Indeed I remember that Youtube video that got posted back when they remake came out claiming that Ghostbusters was about "nothing" perhaps highlighting just how much the issue of class has been taken off the table.

Last edited:
Good. Let him boil. Hopefully it cooks up a better movie than the last one.

They were all phds though, except for Winston of course.

I think that's the point, besides obviously being the setup it highlights the class aspect with the Ghostbusters being a weird merger of middle class intellectuals and working class exterminators.

You look at the way their treated by the likes of the hotel manager and Walter Peck and you can clearly see there viewed as being beneith them with Murray taking glee in sticking the middle finger to them.

Last edited:
If that innocuous comment is being taken as some huge insult well then.... who cares.

Women and their creative efforts don't get to fall beyond the scope of criticism because they are women. That's the way we treat young children and those with special needs.
Funny enough, many women do seem to think that criticism of their efforts is equivalent to criticism of the efforts of the very young or those with special needs.

But that's their shortcoming to surmount. Pandering to it only engrains it deeper.

You're telling me a new director wants to do something different compared to a movie that flopped? SEXISM!!!!

Calling it now...

Still gonna suck.

Calling it now...

Still gonna suck.

Maybe but I think he's as good a choice as anyone, besides the family link one of the few writters of intelligent relatively mainstream comedies in recent years.

I read about this yesterday andnits supposed to be directed by ivan reitmans son and involving all the original cast members. I find that hard to believe since it was incredibly difficult to get all of them together in previous years.

But as far as anyone complaining about it, feminists especially, fuck em. If its made and not a parody like the female one was, then let the market deal with it.

What he said is fine. STOP REPEATING PROPAGANDA HEADLINES, BECAUSE IT MAKES THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE, SEEM TRUE.

I read about this yesterday andnits supposed to be directed by ivan reitmans son and involving all the original cast members. I find that hard to believe since it was incredibly difficult to get all of them together in previous years.

But as far as anyone complaining about it, feminists especially, fuck em. If its made and not a parody like the female one was, then let the market deal with it.

The fued between Murray and Ramis was what made things difficult in the past, I'd guess the formula they need if this is going to work would be for Rietman to not only fill in his dads directing role but also Ramis's writing role, basically filtering Dan Aykroyd's crazy ideas into a workable script.

The fued between Murray and Ramis was what made things difficult in the past, I'd guess the formula they need if this is going to work would be for Rietman to not only fill in his dads directing role but also Ramis's writing role, basically filtering Dan Aykroyd's crazy ideas into a workable script.
It can work, honestly. Plus, at this point, all they have to do is out do the parody movie.

Its hard seeing older characters on screen though.

We need to start just ignoring "the heat." a couple feminists is not a problem, unless we make it. I saw conservatives do this with the saying merry Christmas thing.. Just don't worry about it. Don't give fringe weirdos power.

We need to start just ignoring "the heat." a couple feminists is not a problem, unless we make it. I saw conservatives do this with the saying merry Christmas thing.. Just don't worry about it. Don't give fringe weirdos power.
This.

Only a small minority of women identify as feminist. It's even smaller for men. I don't know why such a small section of the population has so much influence in pop culture

Bunch of triggered snowflakes these days, that is the world we live in. Reitman is right in everything he said, NO ONE wanted to see a reboot of the series with all women. Its not because its sexist, its because Ghostbusters was an already established franchise with all guys. The reboot felt very forced like they were doing everything they could to make a PC movie. They did it again recently with the Oceans 8 reboot. Personally I would have been more receptive to the all girls cast had they done a proper passing of the torch. Instead of Murray and Akroyd doing a dumb cameo, instead they should have been in the movie to hey say we are old we are recruiting a new team. But to just reboot it and give no nods to the original series was just suicide from the beginning. I bet even if they had rebooted it with all guys again, it still would have fell short.

But hey, now we can forget all about that fake Ghostbusters movie (kind of like we get to forget about all of the non James Cameron Terminators finally) and get a proper sequel/passing of the torch next year. I can't wait. Rock on Reitman!

I hate that the fact that because this is a “thing,” it will most likely result in the producers making sure that the movie ends up having an extremely strong feminist touch.

Furthermore, has anyone seen a reboot in the last 15 years that was better than the original? I have never been able to understand this country’s obsession with reboots, when almost all of them across the board are horrible.

Back