New Ghostbusters Film out in 2020

I liked the reboot. Tbh when I first heard about the film I wasn’t interested in seeing it, especially bc it had that Melissa chick in it. I get stuck having to watch all of her films bc my mother picks them out for movie night, and they’re never good and she plays the same bland character in every film.

Then the hate started rolling in so hard for it before it was even released, and I was like ah shit now I HAVE to watch. Lol.

And yeah, I enjoyed it and was happy to buy it on disc first day it was released.

Now as for this one, again, not feeling interested. But we’ll see how it goes.

it was a financial disappointment because the crying was so momentous from little dicked white guys that it killed much of the momentum of regular people going to see it. people are sheep, and when they go on twitter or ballstains.com or whatever other shitbag social media site they use, everyone looks at comments of reviews or headlines and sees thousands of dipshit comments saying the movie sucks before it even came out.

which is strange b/c the average 16-25 year old didn't fuckin grow up with ghostbusters. i did, i was born in the 80s. that shit was my fuckin jam, i had all the toys, i watched the cartoon daily, and even had the fuckin photon packs and shit. nobody was a bigger ghostbusters nerd than me, and i thoroughly enjoyed the remake.

<Dany07>

hopefully it is kind of like the expendables last movie and the original characters meet up with the ladies in the last film and they all work together. it really needs to have melissa mccarthy and the black lady who got bullied or it will be a bust

Had its moments for sure but it wasn't great. Not the type of film that one feels compelled to revisit. The biggest problems for me were that the villain was lame and the laughs were few and far between. McKinnon kind of stole the film but the original Ghostbusters was a classic. Reboot paled by comparison.

The biggest issue was that the reboot was just another silly modern slapstick "sassy" comedy, seemingly the only kind of comedy mainstream Hollywood can make anymore. The original on the other hand was a mixture of more cartoonish elements, more adult wit/satire and some interesting horror.

My advice, go and watch The Favourite if you want a comedy aimed people with brains larger than a grape.

Last edited:
A Teaser is out:

giphy.gif

Sources tell Variety that Reitman, whose father, Ivan, directed the first two “Ghostbusters” movies, will direct the latest pic in the famous franchise.

Reitman has also co-written a screenplay with Gil Kenan and plans to shoot the film this summer, with Sony planning to release the latest sequel in summer 2020. Insiders say this film will be a continuation of the 1984 sequel and will not be connected to the 2016 film. Sources couldn’t say if that means that the original cast members will be back, as exact story details are still being kept under wraps.

Ivan Reitman’s Montecito Pictures is producing and insiders close to Ivan say he believes this film is a passing of the torch.

Sony and Jason Reitman already had a strong relationship after the studio came on to produce his latest film “The Front Runner.” Even though the 2016 “Ghostbusters” reboot disappointed critically and commercially, the franchise is still a huge priority for the studio. While getting another film off the ground has always been discussed, bringing Reitman on has been covertly handled over the past couple of months, with the studio using a fake title to keep the news under wraps until plans were ready to be unveiled.

For me, Ghostbusters was my childhood. I could recite both of them word by word. Of course the female one was shit but this has me intrigued.

A while back I read somewhere that Murray and Ackroid were making another ghostbusters movie , and they were gonna produce it themselves if they had too and they had harold(what ever egons last name ) in on it too already.

Edit: shit egons dead

Anyway apparently ackroid has been talking about it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.a...rre-belief-is-that-bill-murray-1830455418/amp

Last edited:
The people involved really does seem far more suitable than Feig to me, I mean I spose Bridesmaids did have some wit/intelligence to it along with the slapstick but that script wasn't written by him. Reitman on the other hand did write/direct rare examples of intelligent relatively mainstream US comedy with Thank You For Smoking and Up In The Air so its more than just father/son connection. Not seen anything by Gil Kenan but still I think having a horror guy involved is probably a good thing as that aspect is I think often overlooked, certainly was in the 2016 film.

Last edited:
Also I did not see the 2016 SJW version of ghostbusters, but I’d stand all night in the rain to buy tickets for a 2020 ghostbusters with Murray , Ackroid, the black guy and slimer in it

The "were are they now?" aspect actually seems like the most interesting part of the film for me, I always felt the best stuff in Ghostbusters 2 was along those lines such as...

They should have listened to that woman, she had the right date.

The "were are they now?" aspect actually seems like the most interesting part of the film for me, I always felt the best stuff in Ghostbusters 2 was along those lines such as...

They should have listened to that woman, she had the right date.

Is that the date they released the 2016 GB? On Valentine’s Day?

I'm actually thinking this might not be to shabby! who knows.

it was a financial disappointment because the crying was so momentous from little dicked white guys that it killed much of the momentum of regular people going to see it. people are sheep, and when they go on twitter or ballstains.com or whatever other shitbag social media site they use, everyone looks at comments of reviews or headlines and sees thousands of dipshit comments saying the movie sucks before it even came out.

which is strange b/c the average 16-25 year old didn't fuckin grow up with ghostbusters. i did, i was born in the 80s. that shit was my fuckin jam, i had all the toys, i watched the cartoon daily, and even had the fuckin photon packs and shit. nobody was a bigger ghostbusters nerd than me, and i thoroughly enjoyed the remake.

The remake was garbage... I dont' care that there was a woman cast, what made it horrible was the fact that it was so AWARE it was a woman cast. It was more like a parody of Ghostbusters as women instead of just a bunch of Ghostbusters that happen to be women.

And I was 9yo when the first movie came out, so I grew up with ghostbusters as much as anyone.

The remake was garbage... I dont' care that there was a woman cast, what made it horrible was the fact that it was so AWARE it was a woman cast. It was more like a parody of Ghostbusters as women instead of just a bunch of Ghostbusters that happen to be women.

And I was 9yo when the first movie came out, so I grew up with ghostbusters as much as anyone.
If they were gonna do a successful women’s gb, they at least need a reason for it and have Annie Potts lead them.

Like zuul comes back and captures vienkman and Spangler and Potts needs to get her girls together to go save them, and bring ripely (aka Dana too)

That would have made sense, gave a reason for women to be the main cast and not pissed anyone off and might have had a chance at sucess

2016 Ghostbusters wasn't bad. You could tell it was over edited. I enjoyed it and would give it a 6.5-7. It had parts that were pretty good.

Back