Getting rid of Jerks and Trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are all dicks at one time or another. i think some troll jobs are actually funny.if this shit really bothers you, i really wouldnt post here.

Hi everyone, I've been browsing this forum for about 4 years and finally got involved with discussions a year ago. I like having sensible discussions with like-minded people about MMA, but there is a lot of jerks on Sherdog who make it unpleasant to be here.

I know some of you feel the same. Some posters don't ever have anything good to say, it's just insult after insult for no reason. I know most of these people are children, but there should be a way to rid this site of them. I have an idea.

If we all band together, we can make Sherdog a more pleasant, and respectable place. Right now, because of all the assholes that post here, it is not respectable. So here is my idea.

When we enter a thread, we will read the posts, and the very first post that insults the TS, or if the TS is insulting someone, we all put them on ignore. That way, if no one ever responds to these assholes, they'll quit posting, and/or we won't be able to read what they ever say again anyway.

Let's start ignoring people who are just posting bullshit, insults, bashing, or anything else. The occasional flame is ok, but some people that is all they do.

So, if everyone does this, it will be good for everyone on this site that cares about Sherdog and MMA.

Thanks guys, please join me. :icon_chee

There are jerks everywhere we can't get rid of them all.

we are all dicks at one time or another. i think some troll jobs are actually funny.if this shit really bothers you, i really wouldnt post here.

QFT

If you don't want to read shitty threads (more often than not) then internet forums aren't for you... Or at least sherdog isn't.

I come for the fight discussions but end up staying because of the assholes =p

nothing better than a troll or asshole on a slow news day.

Luckily I am not a troll or a jerk....just an asshole. :D

Naw but seriously TS is right and I think the best way to fix this is too ban white belts from making threads. I think the removal of the OT was the best thing Sherdog could have done. I can now show my respectable friends this site without worry of anal threads popping up on the forum home page.

I dont see anything wrong with interjecting laughs and comedy with Gifs and photos

but the QFT's, Fail and BAN crap unless you are a moderator shouldnt be happening as much as it does

I mean, I see your point and all and I get frustrated with all of the stupid people on this site, but I don't care enough to try to change it and go through all that.

It'd be really great if someone disagreed with someone and let them know by saying "I really think you're wrong man. Instead of fukin tuf noob! how can you be so retarded! rofl lolololololimgayandhavenolifelolololololo"

This really made me LOL..

You're never going to have a "utopian" message board, every board has jerks, and everyone disagrees on stuff.

I say we let everyone express themselves however they want, that "freedom of speech" thing, and if you dont like it go fuck yourself!

If you didn't have trolls or assholes this sites entertainment value would take a precipitous plunge.

I rather people talk shit then correct peoples spelling/grammer over the internet.

The only solution will be to prevent Whitebelts from starting threads.

That should take care of about 75% of the trolling.
No way, that the most tired argument on Sherdog.

3/4 of the spammers and abusers are not white belts.

this is an internet message board. you cant have your cake and eat it too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back