Getting rid of Jerks and Trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno really, it's kind easy to pick threads that might be interesting and apply discretion from there......

I just like to read what average joe fans think building up to, and just after events... Interest Falls off until the next event gets close.......

Sometimes something makes me laugh, so I'll post something goofy and stupid....Sometimes I have a serious opinion......Don't think you can sum people up that easily tbh........

Trolls always start threads exactly like these ones.
And jerks too, trying too hard. Anyway my sig applies to threadstarter

Ok guys, I'm glad some of you are agreeing with me. Thanks, a good one to add to the list is warmachine26. Posting nothing but bullshit.

Some people are saying "blah blah freedom of speech blah". I'm the biggest supporter in the world of free speech, its not even an issue with me.

Listen, I'm talking about guys that consistently type bullshit. You can find them easy b/c they're usually the first ones to start insulting on a thread.

I'm not talking just about threadstarters, its the general posting too. If we can do this, we might can make this site a better place. I don't see how you couldn't agree with that.

I joke around as much as the next guy, I look for funny threads all the time. I'm not saying get rid of that, jesus, that is what makes this site fun, I'm saying lets ignore the assholes, the real assholes.

Oh, and just for the record, here's some history for you: I'm 28, I've trained jits since 99', and I've had 5 amatuer fights. 3 @ coliseum combat, and 2 independants. I'm 4-1, and I corner at least once every 2 weeks. I know, I know, why do you care? I just thought I'd let you guys know.

Fu*k that.........Ill say what I want to say.........Thats why there is mods.......Nobody would even be on here if we couldnt say the shit we say with in the rules...........Pretty soon we will not be able to speak our mind because people like you want us to think and act in a thought out and made up personalty that fits your standard...........So nah dont wanna be "KAHNtrolled"

Nobody wants to control you there, guy. If you knew me, you'd know that I hate being told what to do. Noone should be able to tell anyone what to do as long as they're not hurting another person. But listen, there is strength in numbers.

If a poster is just posting bullshit all the time, he goes on the list. If a poster is constantly insulting people, just being an all around asshole, he goes on the list. Whaddya say?

LOL, good luck with that. You're fighting a losing battle there dude. There is just way too much volume on these boards to control it like that. The only way to get rid of trolls and such is to start paying for these forums, so sherdog can hire full time mods to patrol these boards. I doubt many people are willing to do that.

Your best bet is to simply ignore their posts yourself. No one makes you read any posts, no one makes you open threads. Just ignore it, or laugh at it like I do.

Hi everyone, I've been browsing this forum for about 4 years and finally got involved with discussions a year ago. I like having sensible discussions with like-minded people about MMA, but there is a lot of jerks on Sherdog who make it unpleasant to be here.

I know some of you feel the same. Some posters don't ever have anything good to say, it's just insult after insult for no reason. I know most of these people are children, but there should be a way to rid this site of them. I have an idea.

If we all band together, we can make Sherdog a more pleasant, and respectable place. Right now, because of all the assholes that post here, it is not respectable. So here is my idea.

When we enter a thread, we will read the posts, and the very first post that insults the TS, or if the TS is insulting someone, we all put them on ignore. That way, if no one ever responds to these assholes, they'll quit posting, and/or we won't be able to read what they ever say again anyway.

Let's start ignoring people who are just posting bullshit, insults, bashing, or anything else. The occasional flame is ok, but some people that is all they do.

So, if everyone does this, it will be good for everyone on this site that cares about Sherdog and MMA.

Thanks guys, please join me. :icon_chee

It's a good idea in theory, but it just won't work. It's on the administration of any site to moderate the level of discourse.

Hi everyone, I've been browsing this forum for about 4 years and finally got involved with discussions a year ago. I like having sensible discussions with like-minded people about MMA, but there is a lot of jerks on Sherdog who make it unpleasant to be here.

I know some of you feel the same. Some posters don't ever have anything good to say, it's just insult after insult for no reason. I know most of these people are children, but there should be a way to rid this site of them. I have an idea.

If we all band together, we can make Sherdog a more pleasant, and respectable place. Right now, because of all the assholes that post here, it is not respectable. So here is my idea.

When we enter a thread, we will read the posts, and the very first post that insults the TS, or if the TS is insulting someone, we all put them on ignore. That way, if no one ever responds to these assholes, they'll quit posting, and/or we won't be able to read what they ever say again anyway.

Let's start ignoring people who are just posting bullshit, insults, bashing, or anything else. The occasional flame is ok, but some people that is all they do.

So, if everyone does this, it will be good for everyone on this site that cares about Sherdog and MMA.

If you been here for 4 years you might of figured out by now.If you don't get it by now you might be unemployable also.

I appreciate the effort, and I think it's a noble cause... but sometimes you have to know when to throw in the towel. There are other forums with a much nicer and more knowledgeable crowd that I frequent. I hang out here for the comic relief, I suggest you do the same. If not, it'll start to suck because you're taking it too seriously. Just my .02, bud. :D

The only solution will be to prevent Whitebelts from starting threads.

That should take care of about 75% of the trolling.

Exactly what i have said before but nobody in admin seems to care

i cant believe some jerk hasn't hijacked this thread yet. eh he hem, thats your cue, yes you.

i agree-- when people have a weak argument they go into name calling--

i have 30 odd people on my ignore list

you cant ban them all--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back