Getting a cold....very slowly

That's kind of a superpower, use it.

Thyme / rosemary infusions with honey and lemon juice ; raw crushed garlic with meals as soon as you feel the cold coming, an aspirine here and there and you can fuck the microbe before he even start really affecting you

Not sure I believe in any of that 🤔

Don't think I've had that happen.

Normally either right when I wake up I kinda feel a tinge of something in the back part of my nose and it's like uh oh...am I getting sick? I'd say 50% of the time it's a false alarm and I'm fine the next day and 50% of the time I feel like that all day and then wake up the next morning not feeling well.

Right... same here up until couple years ago

That might be true but I don't get sick often. I actually dodged several of my wife and kids last colds. But when I do get them, once a year or so, it's a slow roll and annoying af. Idk... thought maybe it was something with getting older but maybe I got aids

Yep probably aids. But aside from that, I've found the effects of poor lifestyle habits accumulate and catch up to you more as you age. In your teens and 20's you can do all kinds of unhealthy shit and come out OK. But do that in your 40's and your body will tell you to get bent. It's not that it wasn't impacting you, it's that your metabolism and immune system were stronger when you were younger and before you got teh aids. Best to get your diet, exercise, sleep and recovery dialed in now before you get older and it turns into super bubonic-marburg aids.

Last edited:
Yep probably aids. But aside from that, I've found the effects of poor lifestyle habits accumulate and catch up to you more as you age. In your teens and 20's you can do all kinds of unhealthy shit and come out OK. But do that in your 40's and your body will tell you to get bent. It's not that it wasn't impacting you, it's that your metabolism and immune system were stronger when you were younger and before you got teh aids. Best to get your diet, exercise, sleep and recovery dialed in now before you get older and it turns in super bubonic-marburg aids.

Well I figured it was age... that's why I'm looking for some older sherbros to verify it's a thing.

I'm healthier than most. No smoking, drink reasonable amount, exercise 4-5 days, not overweight, sleep 7-8 hours, aids

For me, when I feel a sickness building up for 3+ days, it's just confirmation to me that it's a decently strong virus. The longer it takes to manifest, the worse it usually is.

Drink it off like they did back in the day. You never heard your grandpa complain about it.

Sounds like immune system getting erect, then goes limp and repeats over and over.

Eat lots of yogurt, one per day. Vitamin C too.

During the COVID early days, slight sign of sore throat got me gargling mouthwash once or twice a day and sometimes dissolving zinc lozenge (cheap from Walmart). Didn't really get full blown sick.

I've had a lingering cold for like a week as well. Pain in the ass! Don't know why this one is lasting so long. Usually it's 2 days, 3 days at most. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be better for both of us, OP.
I just saw an article saying lots of people are getting a long lingering bad cough that doesn't test positive as COVID or RSV but likely some other cold causing thing.

I just saw an article saying lots of people are getting a long lingering bad cough that doesn't test positive as COVID or RSV but likely some other cold causing thing.

Basically what I've got now. Throat has gotten sorer by the day for last week. Dry cough deep in the lungs.

Basically what I've got now. Throat has gotten sorer by the day for last week. Dry cough deep in the lungs.
Like they are saying in media its likely an upsurge in common colds post lockdown and low immune systems. The symptoms kind of sound like something someone with an immuno deficiency would have when they become ill. Also if you drink alcohol and the start of symptoms showing you are asking for trouble.

I rarely catch colds anymore since I began using a sun lamp in winter weather. I did catch COVID though, and thankfully the symptoms were mild.

So as you age you get to know your body better sure, but mostly I think it's that your immune system is getting weaker and you have greater levels of system wide inflammatory response. These who factors are primarily the cause of feeling illnesses worse as you age.

What's up Sherbros. I've been experiencing this phenomenon for the last couple years where I'll feel a cold coming like 3-5 days before I actually get it. When I was younger a cold would hit me quick...sneezing at noon, full on cold symptoms by dinner time, few shitty days and I'm all good.

Nowadays I get these long drawn out bullshit colds. I'll wake up feeling slightly off. It'll fade during the day, next morning throat mildly sore, fades as day goes on.

This shit will continue 3 to 5 days. Usually day 1 thru 3 I question if it's all in my head. Then it'll hit me legit for a couple days.

Anyway that's a lot of dear diary shit. I know a lot of you are close to my age(41) so I'm wondering if it's an old guy phenomenon or it's just me that's fucked up. Id rather just get hit and get this shit over with l.
I had something like that in my 20s it was a seven day cycle. Then, I decided to stop getting colds. It's worked out pretty well since then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back