Get ready guys, you will now have to pay child support BEFORE the baby is born

What happens if the baby is born and the guy who paid during the pregnancy finds out it is not his?
full-refund-round-red-grunge-stamp-vector-16209312.jpg

Paternity tests dont take 5 years, bro
Unless you are married in California. If your wife is giving birth, you are on the hook for the next 21 years. It doesn't matter who the father really is.

Opinions on abortion aside, the father should be expected to contribute whenever being pregnant becomes a financial burden. Seems weird that anyone would be against this.

Uhm...doesn't that make sense?

When a paternity test has established who the father is… I see this as an absolute win.

lol at dads paying child support but not even acting like fathers.
My personal opinion on this is that mothers and fathers should be forced to cohabitate. Not get married or sleep together or anything like that. Simply cohabitate until the child is of age.

Child support is a get of jail free card that doesn't give the children what they actually need which is physical and emotional support from both parents. Maintaining separate households also impoverishes both parents which ultimately hurts the child.

Tangentially, there's some research out there that the rise in single moms is tied to the decline in shotgun weddings. Once we stopped forcing men to marry their pregnant lovers, the guys did exactly that...they stopped getting married. Which should be considered different from abandoning the kids, often the kids have access to both parents, just not as a "married" couple. But that's a tangential conversation.

One more reason to legalize abortion.

This.
I really can't imagine why politicians assume that they does have rights to .. allow or deny abortion.
__
In more normal circles guy is paying for ....abortion...sooner or later all these bills for this.
Without courts etc.
If pair decided to have kid, then support usually is provided in different forms, not only just $. Before kid was born and with 0 courts and such stuff.

Life sucks and sometimes....& then we have ppl thinking like hardcore christians from XV century....making LAWS in XXI century...for modern ppl with bills in rows they should to pay each month...

My personal opinion on this is that mothers and fathers should be forced to cohabitate. Not get married or sleep together or anything like that. Simply cohabitate until the child is of age.

Child support is a get of jail free card that doesn't give the children what they actually need which is physical and emotional support from both parents. Maintaining separate households also impoverishes both parents which ultimately hurts the child.

Tangentially, there's some research out there that the rise in single moms is tied to the decline in shotgun weddings. Once we stopped forcing men to marry their pregnant lovers, the guys did exactly that...they stopped getting married. Which should be considered different from abandoning the kids, often the kids have access to both parents, just not as a "married" couple. But that's a tangential conversation.
Agreed. Single parents, I like in movies usually are poorer than married ones. There should be more incentives to get and stay married. But that is what mores were for.

Not always single parents are poor.
For example maybe guy liked her for fun and she wants to have kid...and still they maybe are like cat&dog when should live together...
Divorces rate in middle and upper middle class families too is relatively high %.

Based

Dumb shit. Lawyers and the courts are the two winners here. Thank my lucky stars my kids are older and have no desire to reset the freedom clock with another female.

Good luck out there, fellas.

another useful policy is if the father has insurance and the woman does not then he and his insurance should be forced by law to include the woman and her unborn child (payed for of course) and all prenatal care etc on his insurance.
It’ll never happen since insurance companies wield far too much power. They will fight that to the very end.

Pregnancy is very expensive. Setting up a nursery, getting prenatal care, and potentially missing work are no joke as far as expenses go. A lot of women need help at that time.

And it isnt just about punishing men for their fornication. It is also about the wellbeing of the unborn child. Look, some men do get women pregnant out of wedlock, but most don't. So, what is the problem that these guys have causing this to happen? It is either a lack of personal responsibility, or they are too stupid to work a condom, so that child is going to need all the help they can get.

Her body. Her choice! She can fuck off.

If the kid is yours I don't see a problem with this. There are a lot of costs that go into preping for a baby to be born. The man would be paying for expenses if it was a married or live in couple preparing for a child anyway.

Her body. Her choice! She can fuck off.
Then let her get the abortion. If it's a life that can't be aborted then the father's responsibilities kick in at the same time as the mother's.

Then let her get the abortion. If it's a life that can't be aborted then the father's responsibilities kick in at the same time as the mother's.
This. I think abortion is a gross selfish act of murder, but it should still be up to the mother and father to decide, not the government. Not to derail here, but I think the father should have a say in it too. That is of course if it isn't a pregnancy that isn't going to put the mother's life in danger.

Back