George St. Pierre or Fedor Emelianenko - Who's the most iconic MMA fighter? (The Finals)

Who's the most iconic MMA fighter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
<mma4>

Yeah that must be it, otherwise why bring up fights years and years after his prime that even his fans didn't think he was going to win.
"BJ penn lost to Clay Guida, GOD BJ penn sucks. I dont know how he could win two titles. That just goes to show you how shitty UFC was back then."

Jesus, I hate this place sometimes. Fedor was great, but "iconic" would imply a legendary figure that is synonymous with the sport. Considering most people only watch UFC, Fedor is pretty much disqualified by that alone.
Tough shit,hit the road bitch. See ya wouldnt wanna be ya. War Fedor. No one cares what TUF gnubs think. Back when Fedor was on top,he was Iconic to us,and no one has replaced him in our eyes.
You disqualify yourself from MMA forum talk.

"BJ penn lost to Clay Guida, GOD BJ penn sucks. I dont know how he could win two titles. That just goes to show you how shitty UFC was back then."
Lol yeah heard someone the other day use penns decline to disparage gsp. Said he can't be the ww goat because he "lost" to Penn. Of course citing his horrific losing streak. Even though gsp didn't fight a super washed up Penn.

I swear it'll never make sense to me how so many of these guys start watching and just get all their info about MMA history from wiki. Like the fights are all out there, and they're not even hard to find like back in the day.

Lol yeah heard someone the other day use penns decline to disparage gsp. Said he can't be the ww goat because he "lost" to Penn. Of course citing his horrific losing streak. Even though gsp didn't fight a super washed up Penn.

I swear it'll never make sense to me how so many of these guys start watching and just get all their info about MMA history from wiki. Like the fights are all out there, and they're not even hard to find like back in the day.
Most of them would have you believe that if it happened before USADA,then it doesnt really count.

Most of them would have you believe that if it happened before USADA,then it doesnt really count.
Lol yeah amd every fighter who's ever declined, well that was because of usada. Even if they started fighting in the 90s.

Lol yeah amd every fighter who's ever declined, well that was because of usada. Even if they started fighting in the 90s.
Can only count records under "sanctioned" mma!

90% of the people in here that say they saw a Pride FC card in real time.. Are lying.

Then when you ask. Who is the most “Iconic”?

Straight up..

The ENTIRE MMA community knows that GSP is/was the best mma fighter ever.

Nobody cared about Pride, SF, or WEC until Zuffa bought them all out.

If you did not actually fight in the UFC. Then your legacy isn’t worth a damn.

I-C-O-N-I-C.

By definition.. Does that not answer the question of who moved the sport forward, more?

Edit.
Autocorrect
No one cared about Pride? Some of it's biggest events had 20+ million people watching it live and their audiences hit 40,000 pretty regularly, they also hold the record for the biggest mma audience of all time.

Reactions: HHJ
Ali was 39 fighting a guy in his prime a 28 yr old Holmes. Fedor was 44 fighting a 40 yr old Bader

Oh yeah I forgot that the amount of fights and top 10 opponents doesn't matter at all.

Besides your wrong again. Fedor was 46 and Bader was 39

Fedor has 8 more years of fighting pro than Bader. At the same age Bader is now he had 2 more fights and fought top 10 HW 13 times many of which were top 5.

Meanwhile Bader has fought 0 top 10 HW.

The comparison is laughable <Lmaoo>

You're crazier than I thought. No they dont

Prime Goodridge woops on Gane. If Derrick Lewis is top 10 now Big Daddy easily is too

Prime Coleman takes him down with ease. Same goes for everyone except Aspinall, Blaydes, Jones and maybe Pav

Prime Goodridge woops on Gane. If Derrick Lewis is top 10 now Big Daddy easily is too

Prime Coleman takes him down with ease. Same goes for everyone except Aspinall, Blaydes, Jones and maybe Pav
Goodridge was always garbage you're a crazy bastard

Oh yeah I forgot that the amount of fights and top 10 opponents doesn't matter at all.

Besides your wrong again. Fedor was 46 and Bader was 39

Fedor has 8 more years of fighting pro than Bader. At the same age Bader is now he had 2 more fights and fought top 10 HW 13 times many of which were top 5.

Meanwhile Bader has fought 0 top 10 HW.

The comparison is laughable <Lmaoo>
Fedor has 9 more fights as it is and is like 7 yrs older than bader

They are on the same pace for fights when it's all said and done.

I get it you think Fedor was out of Prime at like 31 which is freaking stupid and not true but you will never see the truth for what it is

No one cared about Pride? Some of it's biggest events had 20+ million people watching it live and their audiences hit 40,000 pretty regularly, they also hold the record for the biggest mma audience of all time.

It was only in Japan, UFC is worldwide <seedat>

And indeed, no one cared (outside of Japan) hence why the competition was so bad, like Fedor fighting some former sumo for instance.

Pride was a pure circus show and irrelevant as far as modern MMA is concerned : completely different standards at any possible level.

It was only in Japan, UFC is worldwide <seedat>

And indeed, no one cared (outside of Japan) hence why the competition was so bad, like Fedor fighting some former sumo for instance.

Pride was a pure circus show and irrelevant as far as modern MMA is concerned : completely different standards at any possible level.
Nationwide had a bigger viewership per capita than the UFC and the UFC wasn't a worldwide sport then either. It was very difficult to access MMA back then so it's not comparable to now.

Fedor has 9 more fights as it is and is like 7 yrs older than bader

They are on the same pace for fights when it's all said and done.

I get it you think Fedor was out of Prime at like 31 which is freaking stupid and not true but you will never see the truth for what it is

LOL comically wrong on so many levels... typical McGregor era casual noob.

Fedor's decline visibly started after 33 pro fights 12 of which were against top 10 HWs. He was age 33 at that point in time.

Meanwhile Bader had 24 pro fights at age 33 none of which were at HW much less top 10 HWs.

But yeah keep telling yourself number of fights don't matter so it fits your noob narrative.

Goodridge was always garbage you're a crazy bastard
Yet he still beats most of the UFC top 10 now.

He was a decent kickboxer. You don't even need that to be top 10 nowadays. Look at Lewis and Tuivasa to name a few lol

LOL comically wrong on so many levels... typical McGregor era casual noob.

Fedor's decline visibly started after 33 pro fights 12 of which were against top 10 HWs. He was age 33 at that point in time.

Meanwhile Bader had 24 pro fights at age 33 none of which were at HW much less top 10 HWs.

But yeah keep telling yourself number of fights don't matter so it fits your noob narrative.
If you blow out 33 opponents in 1 rd would it wear yiu out? Or is it how grueling the fight are that wears you out? Think about that.

Oliveira has what almost 45 fights and is 32yrs old is he shitty the bed already?

Or maybe Fedor wasn't as great as you thought? He fought of zulu Hong man types in that pride stint

Yet he still beats most of the UFC top 10 now.

He was a decent kickboxer. You don't even need that to be top 10 nowadays. Look at Lewis and Tuivasa to name a few lol
He was a arm wrestler with awful striking, that's the reason he was knocked out so many times!! Tai and Lewis knock him out with in 2 rds

Back