• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

George St. Pierre or Fedor Emelianenko - Who's the most iconic MMA fighter? (The Finals)

Who's the most iconic MMA fighter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He was knocked out by Tim 2 1/2 yr before Fedor did it, and by Roger's after Fedor did it. He was hurt multiple times against Silva then finished by Sergei

Clearly you are trolling and not being serious but a lot of what I said is true.

Have a great morning bro, it was a fun chat.
After he lost to Sylvia he was doing just fine against everyone else. Then he ran into Fedor,and that was it for him for a long while.

You just want to somehow turn that on its head to make it discredit Fedor somehow,but its pretty fuckin weak.

After he lost to Sylvia he was doing just fine against everyone else. Then he ran into Fedor,and that was it for him for a long while.

You just want to somehow turn that on its head to make it discredit Fedor somehow,but its pretty fuckin weak.

Fedro's padded record is the weakest thing mentioned so far, Tommy.

I'm not discrediting him at all, only spoke the truth it just upset you.

And to say Andres chin was good before the Fedor fight just shows either you've no clue to prior fights or you are just a Fedor fanboy.

You ever see the datsik ko? That was a massive punch :rolleyes:

You're not exactly Mr. Current Affairs, are ya, Tommy?
It's behind ya Tyrone. Whenever you go in reverse,things come from behind ya.

Definitely Fedor and he is not even on my P4P list. There was something about Fedor that made him seem like an half-god at one point in his career. The only other fighter that got near that status was Anderson Sliva around when he matrixed the shit out of Forrest.

Jon Jones will be remembered way longer than GSP OR FEDOR.
anderson second. Izzy will be remembered also more than fedor and gsp Mainstream wise.

Gsp was not very interesting to watch for non Canadians. I remember being in college rooting for jake shields
to win.

iconic its goes CONNOR RONDA CHUCK BROCK ROYCE

Legendary it goes jones anderson izzy gsp

thread a dub frfr on gang.
Izzy will be remembered more than Fedor and GSP? Congratz for the stupidest comment I read on Sherdog this week.

Izzy will be remembered more than Fedor and GSP? Congratz for the stupidest comment I read on Sherdog this week.
ok in terms of the hardcore mma fans of course fedor will be remembered....

but mainstream wise its izzy all that. btw i take back the gsp one cause he was in Marvel, and could possible do more stuff in the future.
but yeah izzy mainstream wise will eclipse fedor. fedor cant speak english nor is he very interesting. izzy hate em or love em
he is must see TV. all that exciting fight stuff is B.S, unless its boxing. nobody cares about rory frankie robbie, diego sanchez no more.
stephen bonnar died broke and lonely....which is sad. but i say all that to say none of that really matters.

GSP retired as a two division champion at his peak.

Fedor retired beating smaller and over the hill fighters and losing by TKO to the marginal talent he did face. Bader, Mitrione,

S4eBY.gif

The was probably prior to him losing 3 in a row.

Inside MMA circles maybe Fedor, seems like everybody loves Fedor. Outside of hardcore MMA fans tho, people don't know who Fedor is but GSP is a household name for a lot of people that don't typically watch MMA.

That's actually not quite true. I know quite a few Japanese and Korean people who don't care about MMA but know who Fedor is. Also pretty much every Eastern European does.

I can't tell you how many times I get stopped wearing my Fedor shirt. And this goes back 2004 until today.

I'd say only hardcores know about GSP though (sadly). And us Canadians of course.

McGregor and while he is a dipshit you know, I know it, the whole world knows it and it isn't even close.

Fedor is iconic for the old school hardcores.
GSP is iconic for the Millenial hardcores.

The two are not iconic mass wise though and that is what a true icon is and in that case, Conor is the guy.

Inside MMA circles maybe Fedor, seems like everybody loves Fedor. Outside of hardcore MMA fans tho, people don't know who Fedor is but GSP is a household name for a lot of people that don't typically watch MMA.

Nobody out of MMA circles knows who GSP is outside of Canada. Same for Fedor outside of Russia.

Conor or Ronda were who trully trascended the mma circles

Who was everyone that was Koing arlovski at that time. Do tell?

All Brett Rogers really managed was alot of hugging and a brief moment of GNP before getting reversed,cos Fedor is a G.

Fedor is iconic to people,and that is why he is winning the poll

This is a site of MMA fans,and thats who they picked. Sorry you had to find out like this that Fedor is the Icon of Icons,but you should have known that already.

Fedor was the best fighter I've ever seen,and his time on top of the sport was the best time I ever had following a fighter. So he's iconic to me and to all those who feel the same and is beloved by all except for the snot nosed kids,and I dunno,maybe some butthurt Crocop fans?
Bite your tongue! Cro Cop fans ride or die with Fedor. Even in 05 I bowed to the Emperor.

For real though, you’ll only find MMA historians with 2019+ accounts that run their know-it-all mouths.

Nobody out of MMA circles knows who GSP is outside of Canada. Same for Fedor outside of Russia.

Conor or Ronda were who trully trascended the mma circles
Very true. There are plenty of people in the US who know who Conor McGregor is but don’t know the term “MMA”, or could truly tell you what he does. In America, Lesnar is prettty well-known too, but it has more to do with wrestling of course.

Fedro's padded record is the weakest thing mentioned so far, Tommy.

Almost everyone who started fighting in the early 2000s has a "padded" record to a degree. It was the landscape of the sport. Fedor, Big Nog, Chuck, Wand and Vitor have their share of lower level fighters on their record but they also fought much more frequently.

Fedor fought 6 times in 2004 plus fought Oleinik and Magomedov in Sambo that same year full contact and still fought #2 ranked Big Nog that year twice on top of fighting Coleman, Randleman and Ogawa that same year as well. Thats 8 fights in one year. This isnt something he should be criticized for.

If Jon Jones fought Stipe twice in one year and fought Lewis, Tuivasa and Rozenstruik that same year it would be silly to criticize him for that. That takes a lot of skill and durability even if the guys are ranked lower.

Randy is one of the only guys from that era who's record wasn't as padded as the others but he also got finished by guys like Illukhine and Valentinn Overeem around that time.

These aren't big names or highly ranked guys but if Randy lost to them but beat guys like Rizzo around the same time it says a lot about how tough some of those guys were in those days and how fighting such guys 6-8 times per year wasn’t as easy as some of the newer fans would like to think it was.

Last edited:
GSP retired as a two division champion at his peak.

Fedor retired beating smaller and over the hill fighters and losing by TKO to the marginal talent he did face. Bader, Mitrione,

GSP retired at 32. At 32 years old Fedor was undefeated for 9 years with 32 wins and no real losses and no "Serra moment"

Fedor lost to Mitrione 16 years into his career and lost to Bader 19 and 23 years into his career. If GSP fought that long he too would have lost to similar caliber guys.

Criticizing guys for losses that deep into their career is hard for me to understand. It's almost as if those losses define what that fighter was at his best which is unreasonable.

Anderson silva was the epitome of a MMA fighter during his long prime.

Back