George R.R. Martin reads from his newest book

A

Asathor

George R.R. Martin reads from his newest book
[YT]QlJblxV3QHQ&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

He said the series will have 7 books and he already told the producers of the show the end of the books. In case he gets "hit by a truck".
Reading starts at 30:00 min.

More like in the case he dies of a massive coronary.

He seems like he'd be a good guy to have some beer and shoot the shit with.

Seems like a really likeable guy. That host though... not so much.

The HBO series will end before he finishes his books, if he ever does.

The HBO series will end before he finishes his books, if he ever does.

Apparently he's picked up the pace because of the series

And Martin is awesome. The dude gives the most thorough answers in all his interviews.

He has also told his wife what he wants to happen at the end of the series, but please don't die George!

I'd be shocked if he finished The Winds of Winter and A Dream for Spring before he kicked the bucket.

Imagine if he died and they got Brandon fuckin' Sanderson to finish off the series. Fuck you Brandon Sanderson.

Wouldn't bet on that.

A Dance with Dragons wasn't released too long ago and he's already releasing chapters from the new book. I think he'll be able to do these next books faster because he knows where he's going with the story and now there is a sense of urgency because of the show where there wasn't one before.

A Dance with Dragons wasn't released too long ago and he's already releasing chapters from the new book. I think he'll be able to do these next books faster because he knows where he's going with the story and now there is a sense of urgency because of the show where there wasn't one before.

It took him 6 years to finish A Dance with Dragons even though it was half finished when he released A Feast for Crows. He's had several chapters for The Winds of Winter written since before he finished Dance. I don't know how long you've been following Martin's work but he is notorious for getting sidetracked from his writing by all manner of nonsense.

It took him 6 years to finish A Dance with Dragons even though it was half finished when he released A Feast for Crows. He's had several chapters for The Winds of Winter written since before he finished Dance. I don't know how long you've been following Martin's work but he is notorious for getting sidetracked from his writing by all manner of nonsense.

I know all that. Still, there is an added pressure now because of the tv series. They're not gonna be able to catch up, stop filming for years, then pick back up when he finally finishes. Demand for the series is at an all time high. I think anyone in their right mind would have realized this is the priority and they got to focus on this and finish. I wouldn't be surprised if there was even some contractual deadlines because of everything.

Martin seems like one of the coolest dudes on the planet, can't wait for the next book.

This chapter was read a little while ago but thanks regardless. My dream is that twow will be out by Christmas of 2014 but that might be pushing it. Martin is such a descriptive writer he ends writing far more than he intends. Case in point feast and dance which are really 1 massive book. Also he edits while he writes which slows him done. The good side of that is he gets his books published faster than most authors after he completes them.

Imagine if he died and they got Brandon fuckin' Sanderson to finish off the series. Fuck you Brandon Sanderson.

I heard Weis & Hickman are the contingency plan.

I think Goodkind could do it.

Just finished A Feast for Crows a week ago. It was actually really, really slow.. Not much happened and I would say it's my least favorite out of the series. Hopefully A Dance With Dragons picks up a notch or three..

I've also been revisiting "The Wheel of Time" series by Robert Jordan.. The writing can't even compare with that of Martins and I grow bored of it easily.. I must be getting old.

Back