General Relativity vs. The Egyptian Pyramids

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
you might think its quite odd comparing a scientific theory to an engineering feat...

but what would you argue is the greater intellectual accomplishment

Einstein's Theory of General Relativity

or the Ancient Egyptian Pyramids

Relativity gets my vote.

While I'm not terribly well-versed in Egyptian history and architecture, the pyramid is a simple and stable shape, especially one with a wide base relative to its height. The pyramids are an incredible achievement, but to me, it is more an achievement of organization and logistics than an intellectual one. They took a familiar shape and scaled it up to monolithic proportions, but as far as I know, didn't take advantage of more "intellectual" inspirations in architecture like the arch.

Relativity is the product of the type of mind that (like Ronda Rousey) appears almost "once ever." Thinkers like Pythagoras and Issac Newton and Galileo and Albert Einstein get to places where few humans in the history of existence were capable of making that jump. What comes for centuries is built upon their inspiration.

The arch was used by the Ancient Romans. I'm more intellectually impressed that they incorporated that theory into their buildings at such an early time.

Last edited:
Relative pyramides.

One is a big ass structure. The other is an explanation for how the entire universe works. Come on TS.

It's like comparing apples and gorillas.

It's hard to put everything in its proper perspective since the architects/engineers were working with a vastly inferior knowledge set. Who's to say that there wasn't some Egyptian guy who was just as smart or smarter than Einstein, but the best he could do with the tools he was given was to make some pyramids. I suppose if we just look at the accomplishments objectively, then relativity hands down.

My friend is convinced that humans had nothing to do with the pyramids... Even though there were humans inside them he still thinks aliens built them.

I don't understand.

Greater accomplshment period? That's hard, but when you compare apples and oranges, and flat out asks what makes a better apple, I kind of have to go with the former

you might think its quite odd comparing a scientific theory to an engineering feat...

but what would you argue is the greater intellectual accomplishment

Einstein's Theory of General Relativity

or the Ancient Egyptian Pyramids

Both are great scientific accomplishments but I'd say the Theory of Relativity.

My friend is convinced that humans had nothing to do with the pyramids... Even though there were humans inside them he still thinks aliens built them.

I don't understand.
Did you make sure to kick his ass?

I don't understand.

My dad thinks the same thing and won't be convinced otherwise. Personally I support the theory that the blocks were moved to the pyramid site using a sled/wagon/other moving device with water being poured on the sand to make it easier for the sled to be moved. Once at the site, a pulling system that utilized pulleys, ramps, staircases, and scaffolds was used to stack the blocks.

an afrocentrist "friend" i remember mentioned that the reason Albert Einstein and the german physicists along with other european physicists created General Relativity and Quantun Mechanics was because these guys were jealous of the expression of african mythology, cosmology etc. so the european scientists felt they needed to create something to combat that

what do you guys think about this argument?

an afrocentrist "friend" i remember mentioned that the reason Albert Einstein and the german physicists along with other european physicists created General Relativity and Quantun Mechanics was because these guys were jealous of the expression of african mythology, cosmology etc. so the european scientists felt they needed to create something to combat that

I feel stupider for having read it.

Relativity is the product of the type of mind that (like Ronda Rousey) appears almost "once ever." Thinkers like Pythagoras and Issac Newton and Galileo and Albert Einstein get to places where few humans in the history of existence were capable.

..........Honda... are you fucking joking? Jesus, this forum is retarded

giphy.gif

Without even really understanding what you mean, it's fairly obvious your "friend" is a stupid fuck.

Anyway, what exactly is he saying they're jealous of??

Back