General MMA discussion and future lines - May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
you using betonline? have you done any payouts with them yet?
Yeah, but no. I have not requested a payout with them yet. I rarely use them. Prior to signing up with them, I saw nothing but good reviews. But recently, since you've asked me. I did more digging and did notice some people complaining about them taking too long, etc but eventually receiving the payouts. Supposedly, just call and ask for some guy named JG and he'll take care of it all if you are having problems with payouts? That's only what I have heard tho

@EzFlyer

Didn't you used to hold a few units on there?

Yea, they evaporated.. Heh. Deposited 2x small (like 5u each time I think).. Had it at 12u the first time but then it disappeared, hehe.

Before I re-up with them I keep hoping to get reassurance from someone.. No one wins there, apparently! Hehe

Yea, they evaporated.. Heh. Deposited 2x small (like 5u each time I think).. Had it at 12u the first time but then it disappeared, hehe.

Before I re-up with them I keep hoping to get reassurance from someone.. No one wins there, apparently! Hehe
I hear you. Have you ever taken a bonus on there?

agreed. the difference in skill / quality of the fight is absurd here. like others said, they probably think
a: holly holm is the biggest draw
b: they want her to win and 5 rounds is better for her with shev slowing down, potentially
c: they probably want AJ to win and he probably has better chance in 3 rounder

it's just stupid, tho.

GT headlined the last ufc on fox and starched rashad.. now he's co-main to a looming, glorified sparring match

i'm sure the ufc wants jj vs aj.
Completely agree with your analysis. They are trying to get the outcomes they want. I think Glover would have been bettable in a 5 rounder, here will be harder.

i don't do bonuses on any sites, nope. f that rollover requirement bullcrap
I think most if not all of the negative payout reviews I saw for them all had to do with bonuses. Like them messing with the rollover counter and stuff, saying the requirements haven't been cleared when they really were

imo this is bad news for us...especially if it is sold to the Chinese.
I worry about this too. The Fertittas and Dana White, whatever you think of them, are big fight fans at least. Who knows what some bean counter from another country who may not even care about fight sports could or would do to the UFC brand.

You have to wonder what the UFC would be like under new ownership: http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/15503004/ufc-owners-advanced-talks-sell-promotion
I worry about this too. The Fertittas and Dana White, whatever you think of them, are big fight fans at least. Who knows what some bean counter from another country who may not even care about fight sports could or would do to the UFC brand.
Yeah, this shit scares me to death. People like to shit on Dana/UFC but no person or business is perfect. Overall they do an AMAZING job, selling to anyone would make me beyond nervous. Hope its all bullshit.

Yeah, this shit scares me to death. People like to shit on Dana/UFC but no person or business is perfect. Overall they do an AMAZING job, selling to anyone would make me beyond nervous. Hope its all bullshit.
I don't think it's bullshit. Aside from the reputable sources reporting it, Reebok deal + USADA deal both point toward a desire to sell.

I don't think it's bullshit. Aside from the reputable sources reporting it, Reebok deal + USADA deal both point toward a desire to sell.
Yeah, through all the bullshit through the years with rumors of selling I think this is the first time I see it on so many sites and Helwani talking about it like its real.

Very scary to me

Yeah this sucks it strictly becomes a business if the Chinese buy it. As others have said at least Dana and co are fans.

As long as they keep the important backroom staff, Joe Silva and hire an American/English speaking president we wont notice it.

If they hire their people, the UFC is doomed somewhat

Do you guys know where you can bet on things like most Sig strikes or TDs?

My site had them for a while i cleaned up and now they are gone.

Yeah this sucks it strictly becomes a business if the Chinese buy it. As others have said at least Dana and co are fans.

I dunno man I think UFC is already being run as a pure business (which is fine). They are always going to do what makes the most money. I don't think it is becuase they are fans as much as they are informed about what people want to see.

I am very interested to see how this Chinese buyout plays out. What are people's actual fears though? It is not like they are going to trot out some chinese guy wiht a thick accent in place of Buffer?! You gotta think with a 4B investment they are going to want UFC to keep doing well. Hopefully its just a behind the scenes ownership change with very little day to day difference apparent to the public.

I agree they def need to keep the operations staff in place and SHOULD keep Dana on purely as a promoter. UFC is rumoured to be selling for around 4B....think about what they actually have for assets as a business?!! They basically have a strong brand and a bunch of fight contracts. It is not like they own a bunch of big factories or anything.

Last edited:
I dunno man I think UFC is already being run as a pure business (which is fine). They are always going to do what makes the most money. I don't think it is becuase they are fans as much as very informed about what people want to see.

I am very interested to see how this Chinese buyout plays out. What are people's actual fears though? It is not like they are going to trot out some chinese guy wiht a thick accent in place of Buffer?!

I agree they def need to keep the operations staff in place and SHOULD keep Dana on purely as a promoter. It is interested UFC is rumoured to be selling for around 4B....think about what they actually have for assets as a business?!! They basically have a strong brand and a bunch of fight contracts. It is not like they own a bunch of big factories or anything.
Always a level of fear for me when there is a major change to something that seems to working fine. Perfect example was how we went from one thread to our own section. This is definitely better now that there has been time for it to sink in, but at first I was sketched out cause the one megathread seemed to be going OK.

Work is too hectic right now for me to put a fair evaluation on the UFC, but they are definitely more than a brand and fight contracts. First thing that came to mind when you said that was the UFC Gyms around the world and how much of a percentage they get from those avenues of revenue. Its not surprising at all they are looking to sell for billions.

Don't underestimate the colossal disaster that can happen should the UFC get sold. Business history is littered with stories of great brands that sank into the ash heap of history despite the best of intentions. Yes, the Fertittas and Dana are shrewd business people, but being big fight fans informed a lot of their decisions, especially early on and through the Golden Era. If Dana lost the passion and wants to spend time with his kids or the Fertitta brothers decide the aggravation isn't worth it anymore, it's a total wild card what can happen with new ownership and none of it probably positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back