1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

General MMA discussion and future lines - May 2016

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by Sham5916910, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

Agree with all of this other than that I think JJ won the first fight. But close and competitive throughout. I'm on basically all of the same stuff as you for this fight.

2. chemmy Green Belt

Think I disagree with the few posts above re: JJ/Gadelha. The first fight was very close and IIRC I scored it for Gadelha at the time. That being said, I think JJ puts in a more convincing night of work here. 5 rounds instead of 3 favors JJ here as does her 3 fights of championship experience vs Gadelha'a 1 since that first meeting. I think Gadelha might have some success early on, but if she forces those TD attempts too much she'll pay for it as the fight wears on. I expect JJ to start to pull ahead sometime in round 2 and clearly take 3, 4 & 5 on the scorecards. Gadelha looked good in her one bout, but Joanna has had lots of time to work that takedown defence since they last

3. Jae Gibbz Black Belt

If Gadelha does indeed put on a strong R1 performance like one would think, you can get a nice hedge on JJ by live bet. This is one of the fights I'm most looking forward to for LB purposes.

Lets not forget about Gadehla's standup either, though. She can hang with JJ there unlike Carla or Penne

4. chemmy Green Belt

Agree with all of that. I do think her standup is slightly behind JJ but she can keep it competitive there if her gas tank holds up.

5. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

This is SO much the key and a great point. This isn't simply wrestler vs striker and if the wrestler can't get the TD she's screwed. Claudia isn't the striker JJ is, but she's absolutely good enough to hang and land and thus make JJ respect her hands. Which means JJ can't keep her hands too low anticipating the sprawl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.