Gen-Z loses more money to scams than any other age group

I would assume the youngest, and oldest, members of a society, have always been the most susceptible to being conned. People in their mid-20's+ generally have enough life experience to recognize scams. And people in their 70's and up start to slow down cognitively, and often times the world has passed them by.

yeah. Go join both OnlyFans and Andrew Tates war room or real World.

Then wait for your life to get better.

You will be waiting forever

The oldest are insulated by land lines and lack of internet use.

There are no more internet holdouts bruh.

That time has come and gone.

Pretty much everyone is at the very least using email and a smart phone.

Amazing. I definitely would have thought it was boomers. I’d like to see the data they used and the methodology though. But that should be fairly basic stuff.

This shouldn't surprise anyone.

Gen Z does a hell of a lot more online and the new scams are pretty convincing. Growing pains and clever opportunists.

Amazing considering 90% of them don't have the courage to pick up a ringing phone. You would figure the most cowering timid generation of all time would be too spooked of their own shadow to engage in any initial catalysts of a scam

Amazing considering 90% of them don't have the courage to pick up a ringing phone. You would figure the most cowering timid generation of all time would be too spooked of their own shadow to engage in any initial catalysts of a scam

Dangle Taylor Swift or KC Chiefs tickets at them and they will run blindly into traffic.

I got scammed for the first time recently. I wanted to buy the new GUNSHIP album on the red cassette variant BUT their official site doesn’t ship to my area. So I googled it, coming up with an apparent Canadian website that seemed legit.

Long story short, it was not. At least I got my money back but felt like such an asshat.
I love Gunship!

alright, we get it! you still listen to music on tapes you're so0o0o keeeewl!!!

totally just joshin'ya. I'm a vinyl-dickhead and music nerd myself. that actually sounds pretty sweet. incredible you were able to get your money back, too. I'm surprised that those websites are still legal and can exist.

never heard of GUNSHIP but if they're worth getting almost scammed for I'll give them a go.
If you like 80s influenced music, they are 100% worth it. They even have Tim Cappello (the sexy sax man from Lost Boys) play on a number of songs.

Everyone else is too old and has seen to much to be desperate for cryptofuck scams.

I know 4 Gen Zrs that got their IGs hacked. The hackers told them to send them a video promoting some crypto crap and theyd give them their accounts back. All 4 made the videos and were shocked when the hackers didnt give them their accounts back.

So refinancing my house for Dogecoins was a bad idea?

<WhatIsThis>

but also a lot of things that were once considered red flags are now considered normal such as video games being given away for free, the expectation to have play to earn in games, by reverse Gen Z also expect to pay for perks. They can make money by downloading an app for their phone and use to mine crypto currency which can often be tied to the criminal underworld. You are also more or less expected to give out private info such as phone numbers, ID photos and often your address. All of these things were previously taboo and likely scams but now they have been normalized so much people don't have the sensory detection to detect when one is a scam.

Also remember when you were young momma would say don't get in a car with strangers? Now there's any such app normalizing this stuff.

alright, we get it! you still listen to music on tapes you're so0o0o keeeewl!!!

totally just joshin'ya. I'm a vinyl-dickhead and music nerd myself. that actually sounds pretty sweet. incredible you were able to get your money back, too. I'm surprised that those websites are still legal and can exist.

never heard of GUNSHIP but if they're worth getting almost scammed for I'll give them a go.
Lol, I am that old school physical media dickhead too. I ended up getting a signed copy of the CD as well as the blood and chrome edition of the vinyl. Dark All Day is the song that set me on them.

Oh, and I got my money back because luckily I used PayPal to pay. It was an instant refund when I submitted my claim!

This shouldn't surprise anyone.

Gen Z does a hell of a lot more online and the new scams are pretty convincing. Growing pains and clever opportunists.
Gen Z likes to keep all their cash in a cash app and it is pretty easy for crooks to drain those accounts. Even in a strong arm robbery situation they can make them drain those pretty easily.

I'd imagine the big factor is Gen Z ends up using the net far more than boomers hence is more likely to get scammed on it.

Perhaps also down to Gen Z being more likely to be in debt and getting caught up in credit scams.
Those are probably both true.

How much of these are crypto/NFT shit

Back