• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gegard Mousasi may very well be the best MW in the world as of 2019, here's my top 5

Weird how you keep bitching about how little Lovato hurt Mousasi when Gegard did even less.

Seems like Mousasi with his unstoppable grappling(except against Mo, Lovato or Jacare) should of just got back to his feet and uses his impeccable striking(except against Machida or Uriah Hall or Storm).

You keep bringing up what Lovato didn't do yet don't mention what Gegard did because he did absolutely nothing.
Do you actually watch the fights or my posts. I've never said he won mo fight. In fact, I've mentioned you cant win a fight when your e on your back for most of 25.
Lol- I certainly didnt imply in anyway that he won jacare 2. Both fights did make him the better fighter that he is on ground today. If you thought Gegard didnt do anything 2 weeks ago in that fight then we have a big problem...... with your eye balls.
How did Lovato s face look like a swollen pumpkin ( as usual with moose opponents) and NOT A SINGLE SCRATCH on Mousasi. Mo fight was different, yes mo wore all the damage but that came from a few minutes in 2nd round of fight .....off mousasis back. I couldn't tell anyone with a straight face that he won that fight. I might be one of the bigger mousasi supporters but I like to think I keep it real. He had no business walking out of that arena without his title 2 weeks ago. It just would've taken one more judge to pay attention and realize this was for a mma world championship and not a grappling event and we wouldve had a majority draw..... and again, mousasi defended EXTREMELY well while fight was in the 4th degree s world.
I'm not even going to get into the ped stuff .I'll be fair -even know the guy looks like a 205er, I know the guy but not well enough. Mo has been a proven popper and jacare failed the "eye test" too many times while in UFC ( unfortunately one of those were against mousasi) . You can watch some podcasts before the Boetsch-Jacare fight. I would suggest the bisping pod.Lol - poof ! mini jacare was born ( the much older and smaller one Whitaker was able to walk through ).

Btw, have you ever busted your orbital/eye socket in a fight 45 seconds in.... and still win ?
I find it actually pathetic you bringing up a few losses over a guy who has 46 wins and I think 38 of them are finishes while you can ALMOST count his losses on 1 hand.

He dominated 98% of both fights with Hall outside the 2% tko.Id love to see greasegate step into cage with mousasi today. Oh- I'd love that but somehow dont think it's going to happen as Bader doesnt want any mousasi fight but hes sure damn vocal about fighting machida.

Last edited:
Weird how you keep bitching about how little Lovato hurt Mousasi when Gegard did even less.

Seems like Mousasi with his unstoppable grappling(except against Mo, Lovato or Jacare) should of just got back to his feet and uses his impeccable striking(except against Machida or Uriah Hall or Storm).

You keep bringing up what Lovato didn't do yet don't mention what Gegard did because he did absolutely nothing.
Also, as long as your bringing up losses so long ago - again, let's bring up the pertinent. Mousasi only fighter in UFC history to leave on a 5 fight stoppage streak. People always seem to be so close minded when elites first come to UFC. Setbacks happen, elites evolve. He fought out his final contract at 7-1 [ and a fluke tko at that as I earlier validated in other post- [ 12-3 ] under zuffa umbrella. We call that pretty successful].

Let me enlighten you on something. As far as quantity is concerned, UFC maybe miles ahead of everyone. As far as upper tier fighters goes......alot closer.Thiago Santos just proved this theory again. Serra, Bisping, Holm, Griffin, Lesnar.....I can continue, all have won UFC titles. It's not the all be all.

If he was the best he'd be the UFC champ.

Moose is a clear tier below Bisping. Far less consistent.
LMAO-
Bisping - good fighter
Mousasi- SEVERAL TIERS ABOVE "elite".

The difference is actually embarrassing- actually not only would mousasi be at least a 3-1 favorite ( or more) over any version of bisping- theres actually a version of mma math that actually works and they were months apart .....and in this example bisping was supposed to fight mousasi but Anderson ( much to bispings happiness) stole another fight from Gegard. Lol- bjj practitioner thales leites actually walked down bisping for 25 embarrassing minutes in a split where thales shouldve won - 3 months later after Michael kisses the ground that he dorsnt have to fight Gegard, moose gives leites the beating of his life in co main as bisping warms up to face a past his prime Anderson( coming off that same embarrassing split).Gegard and Michael both predominate stand up fighters + time period = an actual working mma math sequence.

Everything fixed now as I explained to the dumb( sorry dude, no nice way of putting it).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back