• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gegard Mousasi may very well be the best MW in the world as of 2019, here's my top 5

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I believe he beats Whittaker, Israel & Luke with his superior boxing skills.

Mousasi's grappling is also elite enough to hang with anyone in the division

IMO Yoel would be his toughest test, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mousasi gets it done

Here's my MW top 5 as of 2019

1) Yoel/Mousasi
2) Whittaker
3) Hermansson
4) Adesanya
5) Costa

Where does Chael fit into this?

That's also 6 by the way

Hermansson at 3 hahahahahagabavahahahahahaha

Casual

Why do you have 6 people in your top 5?

Agreed. Shertards will talk about his TDD and ignore his past ten fights. He's probably the most well rounded currently.

Hard choice between moose, Whittaker, and Romero imo

I agree Mousasi is #1 atm. Then Adesanya. Then Gastelum.

Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_3.gif

Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_4.gif

Moose is like the MMA hipster's darling. People would say he is the best when he was in Dream and Strikeforce and now that he's in Bellator it's starting again. He's a top 10 fighter and maybe even top 5, but he wasn't getting anywhere near the belt when he was in the UFC.

Last edited:
Yoel beats him if father time didnt catch him yet. Rob is a toss. He’s got what it takes to beat Israel and Paulo. Its so tight there that i see Moose beating them and becoming champ but at the same time he can drop 2 -3 in a row and get kicked out. (Idk about that Hermanson guy... )

You never know with a guy like Gegard.

I love the Moose but he always seems to fail me when it's time to shine.

There is no best MW
You can only be one of the best
None of them stand out above the rest

I believe he beats Whittaker, Israel & Luke with his superior boxing skills.

Mousasi's grappling is also elite enough to hang with anyone in the division

IMO Yoel would be his toughest test, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mousasi gets it done

Here's my MW top 5 as of 2019

1) Yoel/Mousasi
2) Whittaker
3) Hermansson
4) Adesanya
5) Costa
<{cruzshake}>

Mousasi has spent more time recently talking about retirement than he has spent fighting top contenders. His best win in the past 3 years at MW is what an on the skids Chris Weidman? Also Hermansson at 3 after one quality performance against Jacare is a perfect example of recency bias. Bottom line there's one man that rules over the MWs in both the UFC and Bellator;

whittaker-ufc.jpeg

Back