• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Gegard says PFL is the worst promotion he's ever worked for.

Should Gegard Mousasi resign with the UFC ?

• Total voters
Very few MW's beat him. If he hasn't declined I wouldn't be shocked to see him beat DDP/Strickland/Izzy,

damn, that's a bad place to be, seemingly. it's either Rizin, BKFC, Karate League, ONE, maybe GLORY or K1 if he wants to go that route. Maybe he'll sign with Jorge's league. But not a lot of prospects that are promising. Wonder how much of a pay cut he takes if he signs with Rizin or BKFC? That's too bad.

Fabian is very average dude. That was the worst performance of Gegard's career.
People seems to forget Mousasi is almost 39 and has been fighting professionally for over 20 years.

IDK why he keeps doing it when he is clearly past his prime.

People seems to forget Mousasi is almost 39 and has been fighting professionally for over 20 years.

IDK why he keeps doing it when he is clearly past his prime.
Well, in that case... he's almost old enough to fight Jones. Make it happen Dana

Was really hoping for Mousasi vs Yoel! In the UFC I'd prefer to see him fight guys like Vetorri, Costa, & Cannonier. Maybe a 205 fight vs Smith or Blachowicz.

Izzy & Whittaker seem a bridge too far, unless Rob gets smoked by Khamzat. I do like the Rockhold shout in Karate combat. Maybe he could even get into the boxing game ala Masvidal/Nate/Anderson/Till/Chael etc etc.

I wouldn't be shocked if Gegard beat Du Plessis.

Reactions: Ruv
150k insta followers. Nope he won't be back in the UFC.
They will not pay his skills, with him not selling much.

Didn't know he has such a small following.

Good thing he bought enough houses by now

He is a very good fighter, but I feel his best years are long gone, he is getting old now and UFC won't want to pay his big contract. I don't think they will sign him again.

I wouldn't be shocked if Gegard beat Du Plessis.
giphy.gif

Mousasi at this point in his career has made it very clear he's fighting for big paychecks.

He'll probably find those in these strange fringe organizations like BKFC. I doubt the UFC is willing to pay what Moose wants to be paid.

That said, I hope I'm wrong. I'd rather see him fight in the UFC than any other place. He still has the skills and ability to give some top MW's problems, at least on paper.

Healthy and motivated Mousasi could beat any of the current middleweights imo. He is 38 and looked bad in his last fight, so he could get shit on. Either way bring him back, there's plenty of fun matchups for him. He's a top 5 mw goat and deserves another run.

Can't just cancel a contract without giving monetary consideration, right?

I love Moose but he’s looked uninterested and shown no killer instinct in his past few fights. He’s has an epic career and it’d be a shame to see him tarnish it with a bunch of losses.

Maybe take a Rizin farewell fight and retire.

I’ve been a fan for a long time. It sounds like he just wanted one fight and retire.

I listened to h on I think Jaxon podcast. A couple months back. and he has zero motivation at all. Which is fine. But I can’t see him signing a big contract or having the desire to fight. Which he hasn’t dor a couple years now. But his words on that show. Dug him deep. Much worse than Helwani

I suspect the only reason UFC might sign him is to be the Ken Shamrock to an upcoming Rich Franklin.

I'd rather see Mousasi face guys he hasn't yet like Anderson Silva, Luke Rockhold.

Gegard should sign with One or Rizin at this point in his career. He would likely be able to win a belt in either. Why not go out as a champ?

Damn I fear that Moose over played his cards here. I don’t think the UFC will he interested after he just threatened legal action publicly airing his dirty laundry with PFL. Hopefully ONE or Rizin will still be interested.

Back