GDR is the best striker in WMMA & sleeps any version of Shevchenko.

Including her kickbokscarriere gdr has 34 knockoutwins.

Did you really just use the simplest form of MMAmath to support your pick?

I didn't make any pick - the OP did - I just stated a fact. My opinion is that it is incredibly hard to say how a kickboxing bout between the two would go based on their mma performances, and it is a moot question at the end of the day.

You may be right but yours are opinions.

Here are some facts:
- against high level strikers (Holm, Joanna), Valentina dominates, GDR cannot say the same (in mma)
- against common opponents in general (Holm, Nunes), Valentina does a lot better than GDR
- GDR is way bigger than Valentina. They are practically two weight classes apart. No wonder she has a massive reach and power advantage but that doesn't mean she is pfp a better striker.
Not really. I was stating facts too.

Another fact is Valentina did better against Nunes because she doesn’t have the power to threaten Nunes on the feet. GDR turned Nunes into a panic wrestler after she rocked her. Could you imagine what would have happened if GDR fought Amanda for 5 rounds on the feet? I think GDR would have knocked her out.

Thought about this fight many times. GDR strikes are visually stunning BUT she is not a superior striker, her strikes just look good and better than Valentina's much of which is due to her length/reach. Shorter fighters don't tend to have beautiful strikes, that full extension on their punches. Technique wise though Valentina is absolutely there at the top with GDR.

Id say with Valentina's wrestling and take downs that she mauls GDR in impressive fashion.

GDR is only a part time MMA fighter and full time police agent in the Netherlands, makes you wonder what could've been.

There is no one in WMMA that can stand with GDR without mixing in grappling.

GDR would have KTFO'ed Nunes if she didn't switch up the fight to grappling.

Change my mind. She is gradually increasing her ground game as well, & she has that one hit KO power that Valentina lacks. If this fight happens any time soon in the BW; I could see her sleeping Valentina. She has both the skills & physicality over shevchenko, no way Valentina beats her.

Valentina would just wrestle

They have a common opponent in nunes. And GDR beat her up standing and turned her into a full time panic wrestler
GDR has fought Nunes 8 rounds total and hasn’t won a single round,that is not the case with Val though.

she has a chance if she keeps the fight standing...

Lol at "panic wrestler". Nunes mauled her from start to finish. She had a grappling-heavy gameplan which was the right choice because GDR looked like a female Carlos Condit.

GDR has fought Nunes 8 rounds total and hasn’t won a single round,that is not the case with Val though.

this thread isn’t about who the better overall fighter is that’s obviously Nunes, however just as obvious is GDR was winning the striking exchanges. In fact I can argue GDR made nunes so insecure in her own striking she couldn’t even finish the soccer mom she fought in her next fight after. Panics wrestle she did against GDR in the second fight!

Lol imagine actually believing this

Being KO'd or even out struck isn't something that happens to Shevchenko unlike Fedor

tumblr_plz3si4SLJ1udfb8oo1_400.gifv

giphy.gif

hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif

92kb.gif

DJse.gif

That´s not right.
Best mma striker is one and only :

Thought about this fight many times. GDR strikes are visually stunning BUT she is not a superior striker, her strikes just look good and better than Valentina's much of which is due to her length/reach. Shorter fighters don't tend to have beautiful strikes, that full extension on their punches. Technique wise though Valentina is absolutely there at the top with GDR.

Id say with Valentina's wrestling and take downs that she mauls GDR in impressive fashion.
Do you know difference between dutch kickboxing and muay thai?

Honestly Schevchenko vs De Randamie is the best womens fight that hasn't happened yet in the UFC.

Only way it happens is if Schevchenko goes back up to 135, which could happen in the near future. She would be at a big size disadvantage though, hard to say who wins that one.

she wouldnt sleep her, valentina is a little too slick/skilled for that, but yeah GDR would have a good chance at beating her seeing as how shes one of the few girls who strikes like a dude and can be a legit 145er and not look like a slob.

not really a hot take bud.

Book it. I'd watch, mos def. Can't believe it was never done.

Back