GDR is the best striker in WMMA & sleeps any version of Shevchenko.

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Change my mind. She is gradually increasing her ground game as well, & she has that one hit KO power that Valentina lacks. If this fight happens any time soon in the BW; I could see her sleeping Valentina. She has both the skills & physicality over shevchenko, no way Valentina beats her.

Acually that would be an interesting fight and she certainly is the only wmma fighter who would be a thrat to Shevchenko at striking from the perspective of technical skill.

Shevchenko is likely too good at wrestling for randamie though...

Its unfortunate she is so lanky and can't deal with the strength as well

but she is def top wmma fighter

lol Germaine was struggling with Penas ground game and she was getting clinch exchanges whenever she wanted. She caught her with the choke late but she was prolly gonna lose if she didnt land it on the scorecards

Pena got embarrassed by Valentina and Holly did as well. Germaine has a punchers chance and shed prolly get submitted before it has any shot

They have a common opponent in Holly Holm (both fights were mostly kickboxing bouts) and Shevchenko beat her way more convincingly than GDR did, so no.

GDR has way more power in her hands, thats for sure.
Holly was using lateral movement a lot against GDR because of her power; that’s why GDR didn’t beat her as convincingly as Valentina.

Valentina doesn’t press the action and chase fighters so Holly couldn’t use lateral movement against her.

If Holly stood in front of Germaine like she did Valentina, she could have been knocked out.

Also, I think GDR would beat Valentina. Amanda has the most vicious ground and pound in WMMA and in both fights, she couldn’t do any damage to Germaine on the ground.

On the feet, I don’t think Valentina has the power or reach to deal with GDR.
She was gassed out in the fourth round against Joanna. A strawweight kick-boxer with no power in her hands. Imagine what would happen if she fought a really tall elite kick boxer with really long reach and one punch KO power.

A great fight no doubt, it's wrong to say Shevchenko lacks ko power though, ask Jessica Eye - it isn't fisticuffs.

Change my mind. She is gradually increasing her ground game as well, & she has that one hit KO power that Valentina lacks. If this fight happens any time soon in the BW; I could see her sleeping Valentina. She has both the skills & physicality over shevchenko, no way Valentina beats her.
GDR has more power but she lacks the killer instinct they are the top two most versatile strikers though for sure.

Holly was using lateral movement a lot against GDR because of her power; that’s why GDR didn’t beat her as convincingly as Valentina.

Valentina doesn’t press the action and chase fighters so Holly couldn’t use lateral movement against her.

If Holly stood in front of Germaine like she did Valentina, she could have been knocked out.

Also, I think GDR would beat Valentina. Amanda has the most vicious ground and pound in WMMA and in both fights, she couldn’t do any damage to Germaine on the ground.

On the feet, I don’t think Valentina has the power or reach to deal with GDR.
She was gassed out in the fourth round against Joanna. A strawweight kick-boxer with no power in her hands. Imagine what would happen if she fought a really tall elite kick boxer with really long reach and one punch KO power.

You may be right but yours are opinions.

Here are some facts:
- against high level strikers (Holm, Joanna), Valentina dominates, GDR cannot say the same (in mma)
- against common opponents in general (Holm, Nunes), Valentina does a lot better than GDR
- GDR is way bigger than Valentina. They are practically two weight classes apart. No wonder she has a massive reach and power advantage but that doesn't mean she is pfp a better striker.

They have a common opponent in Holly Holm (both fights were mostly kickboxing bouts) and Shevchenko beat her way more convincingly than GDR did, so no.

They have a common opponent in nunes. And GDR beat her up standing and turned her into a full time panic wrestler

Even if we entertain the notion that she's a better striker (she isn't), this isn't kickboxing. Shevchenko is 10x the MMartist Germaine DuckRandomMe is

First and foremost, in my opinion, GDR was part of one of the worst, low-level fights I've ever seen (I do not include circus shows like CM Punk and such).

Her title fight with Nunes was so straight up embarassing in terms of skills (or lack of them to be precise) that finally I just decided to stop watching. I fail to see how she can improve her ground skills if she's been so lacking in this area for so many years.

Did you really just use the simplest form of MMAmath to support your pick?

Aren’t they two weight divisions apart? Valentina is too good on the ground, but a fairly even fight.

GDR is getting up there in age. She's not active either so idk.. She's so talented but i question her dedication to the game.

Back