Gastelum - Adesanya should be booked for the belt ASAP.

Kelvin did not even deserve a title shot. Does anyone around here give Weidman any respect anymore? Not that long ago he put Kelvin away.

Then got punched up by Jacare and is currently out till further notice.

ConfusedSillyEyra-size_restricted.gif
This footage is not of Weidman - Jacare.

Kelvin hasn't done enough to be gifted a title like that. If they go interim belt it needs to be against someone tougher.

He is No.6.
I know that but those rankings are dumb and have many inconsistencies. Both Rockhold and Weidman don't deserve their spots based on recent losses and inactivity. Rockhold isnt even apart of the division according to him.

So far in middleweight, Whittaker and Romero are the peak level fighters, and others are no more than top level fighters. Souza may prove that he is peak level if he is given a chance. Rockhold needs to improve his arsenal if he still considers coming back.

Souza is top level for sure...i believe rockhold should he at 205...possibly romero too..but hes alittle short for the division but rockhold seems like a good fit at 205..could see him matching nicely with jones actually

Whittaker shouldn't even be considered at this point. Maybe give him a title shot when he gets back to fitness, but he's held a belt that he didn't win since 2017 and hasn't defended it. Before that, we had GSP, who refused to defend (but at least had the decency to give it up) and Bisping, who refused to fight contenders. The division has been moving slower than a paraplegic wading through honey for years now. DC had to beat Rumble, to claim a vacant belt, why did Whittaker just get given the strap?

Even Conor had the good grace to actually beat the reigning champs to get his belts. The amount of love Whittaker gets on here is beyond me. Gastelum - Adesanya needs to be made for the full belt as soon as possible, get the line moving again.
Sit down, and take a few minutes to think about things before going ham on the keyboard.

It's not Bobby's fault if Romero didn't make weight last time ffs....

Wasn't yoels fault either, it was the commission fault because the head of the commission couldn't be bothered waiting 2 extra hours which is part of their rules despite him just needing to cut like .2lbs. Shouldn't have the 2 hour rule if the commissions can't be bothered waiting lol.

hahahah, not at all. Adesanya should fight real competition, feed him to Romero or Jacare

I just imagine the UFC booking Adesanya/Whittaker for another Aussie event later in the year and whittaker pulling out last minute again. maybe bring over a alternate to the down under next time given the last two events?

True, but he's also on a longer win streak than anyone ranked above him. Momentum is key to getting a TS these days.
If UFC allows Romero to fight Cejudo for 3-round bouts repetitively repetitively, he can have a much loooooooooooonger win streak, but it does not mean anything. I mean, look at who Adesanya's opponents were!

I know that but those rankings are dumb and have many inconsistencies. Both Rockhold and Weidman don't deserve their spots based on recent losses and inactivity. Rockhold isnt even apart of the division according to him.
They have losses but also have wins, while other lower-rank fighters cannot even beat them.

If UFC allows Romero to fight Cejudo for 3-round bouts repetitively repetitively, he can have a much loooooooooooonger win streak, but it does not mean anything. I mean, look at who Adesanya's opponents were!
Bro if Romero can make 125 good luck to him. His last three opponents were ranked, two in the top ten. Look, if you think someone other than Adesanya or Kelvin has a case for it then I can't tell you you're wrong. My point is, someone needs to fight for the belt and sharpish imo.

He’s the champion. And he shouldn’t be out that long. Taking Tony’s belt was crap. This would equal that.

Edit. Almost everybody seemed to want Bisping vs Hendo until Bisping won. And we know for a fact many wanted to see Bisping vs GSP. I can’t be too hard on Bisping. He took what they offered him. And if he sat out a bit to face GSP. Well... Who in his position wouldn’t have?
I recall many Sherdoggers bitching about the Bisping-Hendo fight from the moment it was booked. I was one of them.

I recall many Sherdoggers bitching about the Bisping-Hendo fight from the moment it was booked. I was one of them.

I did too but I’m sure polls will show otherwise. Memory is real.

How does Isreal earn a titleshot for a sparring session against a 43 year old ranked #15?

if anything his stock dropped, he needs to fight someone in the top10 and perform more then run his mouth.

How does Isreal earn a titleshot for a sparring session against a 43 year old ranked #15?

if anything his stock dropped, he needs to fight someone in the top10 and perform more then run his mouth.

Because Dana fucking said so...

A Canadian in my own city with a 12 yr old account just actually asked this???

Thanks for giving Edmonton a bad name.

giphy.gif

Bro if Romero can make 125 good luck to him. His last three opponents were ranked, two in the top ten. Look, if you think someone other than Adesanya or Kelvin has a case for it then I can't tell you you're wrong. My point is, someone needs to fight for the belt and sharpish imo.
Well, a win streak includes catchweight, I guess. The point is that Adesanya needs to win at least one top-5 before a title bout, or it would be unfair to other fighters.

Back