Gastelum - Adesanya should be booked for the belt ASAP.

Bro if Romero can make 125 good luck to him. His last three opponents were ranked, two in the top ten. Look, if you think someone other than Adesanya or Kelvin has a case for it then I can't tell you you're wrong. My point is, someone needs to fight for the belt and sharpish imo.
If UFC let Adesanya fight for the title just because he won some top-10 fighters, it would be a similar to Bisping-Henderson fight.

It's kinda funny how bitchy and ungrateful these mma fans are to people who are probably the most brutal sport in the world.

Tell that to Tony and Colby. Interim champs are made up when the UFC needs to sell a PPV headliner. They're promotional tools with no legitimacy, nothing more.

Interim titles are created when the regular title isn't available to fight for. Like the champion getting injured and being out for an extended period. There is no point to an interim once the actual title is freed up to be fought over. That's why Colby and Ferguson were stripped. They are temporary titles.

This will be a great test for Adesanya.....since wrestling could be his Kryptonite........LET THEM BANG BRO !!!!!!

lol at test. It wouldn't be a test, Kelvin would KO him.

It would be a nice warm up fight for Kelvin before fighting an elite MW like Whittaker or Yoel.

Because Dana fucking said so...

A Canadian in my own city with a 12 yr old account just actually asked this???

Thanks for giving Edmonton a bad name.

giphy.gif

well shit lol you got me laughing.

"Cause dana says so?"

are you fukn kidding me?!? LOL like Dana has never lied before about titleshots or anything else for that matter.

Please say you moved up from Calgary or you are transplanted Newfie? real Edmontonians are not this clueless.

well shit lol you got me laughing.

"Cause dana says so?"

are you fukn kidding me?!? LOL like Dana has never lied before about titleshots or anything else for that matter.

Please say you moved up from Calgary or you are transplanted Newfie? real Edmontonians are not this clueless.

You’re from fucking Vegreville? Right?

If Dana signs you to a title fight no matter how ridiculous. It’s goin down buddeh.

Do you need examples ffs?

giphy.gif

They have losses but also have wins, while other lower-rank fighters cannot even beat them.
They dont fight enough to prove that. Weidman stopped by ko/tko in 4 of his last 5. Rockhold KOed 2 out of last 3. His only win in between was someone that was fringe top 10.

Meanwhile others are active and winning. Borrinchina moved up from #12 to #7 with a win over Uriah Hall who has never been top 10. Of course others too losses, but like I said, many inconsistencies.

They dont fight enough to prove that. Weidman stopped by ko/tko in 4 of his last 5. Rockhold KOed 2 out of last 3. His only win in between was someone that was fringe top 10.

Meanwhile others are active and winning. Borrinchina moved up from #12 to #7 with a win over Uriah Hall who has never been top 10. Of course others too losses, but like I said, many inconsistencies.
They lost to top fighters, so their ranks fluctuate among themselves.

If Tony had held an interim belt for 18 months without defending it, I'd have a problem with that too. I see no reason why Whittaker has a belt in the first place.
You’re an idiot if you can’t see why the reaper has the belt and you’re using a technicality to claim Whittaker hasn’t defended. Hardly his fault that Yoel came in overweight. Only reason an interim title bout should be made is if the reapers out for 6 months. Since we’ve yet to hear an expected timeline on his return you’re jumping the gun. Suggesting he should be stripped entirely at this stage is laughable.

Understood, but why not make him fight someone for the belt? I felt the same when they gave Aldo his title back when Conor was stripped.

Aldo fought someone for the IT. They didn’t just give it to him. They just upgraded it. That’s how IT titles work in the UFC.

They lost to top fighters, so their ranks fluctuate among themselves.
That's ridiculous. Not for nothing, I'm well aware of the rankings but we also have to be aware of momentum. And as far as that goes, top 3 185ers are Whittaker, Adesanya, and Gastelum.

Everyone else is trying to get their spot including Chris Weidman.

Fuck no. Adesanya is not a contender until he beats a top 5 and if Costa beats Yoel, he's taking a back seat

He’s the champion. And he shouldn’t be out that long. Taking Tony’s belt was crap. This would equal that.

Edit. Almost everybody seemed to want Bisping vs Hendo until Bisping won. And we know for a fact many wanted to see Bisping vs GSP. I can’t be too hard on Bisping. He took what they offered him. And if he sat out a bit to face GSP. Well... Who in his position wouldn’t have?

Shouldn't be out long? FFS his guts were poking out his anus, the dude needs 6 months off minimum. He'll be out for a year if he's smart.

Time to move on with a new Champ.

The fight was closer than 8 seconds would have you believe.

But he did get the win against Jacare and KOd Bisping before that. It's not like that doesn't count for something.

No.... You don't fight for the belt fighting a non ten top fighter

Shouldn't be out long? FFS his guts were poking out his anus, the dude needs 6 months off minimum. He'll be out for a year if he's smart.

Time to move on with a new Champ.
Surely that's a premature move, you have no idea how long he'll be out for. I assume you're a medical layman so he could well be back in 3-4 months. An interim title makes some sense, to strip him at this stage is ridiculous, even more so when Dana suggests he could only out for 4-6 weeks, if you add the duration of another camp on top of that, he could be back well within 6 months.

I think it's fair to make an interim title with Gastelum vs Adesanya, and then the winner unifies the 185 belts with Whittaker some time this summer.

No.... You don't fight for the belt fighting a non ten top fighter
Let's face it -- Dana White said that Adesanya has that "it" factor. The guy is going to get special treatment as long as he keeps winning.

I would agree but I repeat; never won the full title, no defences since 2017. Strip him and move on.
You're just arguing semantics like an uneducated little child.

Whittaker beat the guy Bisping ducked to win the interim title. Everyone agreed he was the legitimate 185 champion. Then he made weight in a title defense rematch against Romero, and the only reason he wasn't credited with a defense is because Romero was an unprofessional clown and missed weight.

He was the legitimate #1 middleweight and he defended that spot against the legitimate #2 middleweight. End of story.

Back