Gastelum - Adesanya should be booked for the belt ASAP.

FloydMayweatherMMA

Money Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Whittaker shouldn't even be considered at this point. Maybe give him a title shot when he gets back to fitness, but he's held a belt that he didn't win since 2017 and hasn't defended it. Before that, we had GSP, who refused to defend (but at least had the decency to give it up) and Bisping, who refused to fight contenders. The division has been moving slower than a paraplegic wading through honey for years now. DC had to beat Rumble, to claim a vacant belt, why did Whittaker just get given the strap?

Even Conor had the good grace to actually beat the reigning champs to get his belts. The amount of love Whittaker gets on here is beyond me. Gastelum - Adesanya needs to be made for the full belt as soon as possible, get the line moving again.

EDIT: Look, if you think someone other than Adesanya or Kelvin has a case for it then I can't tell you you're wrong. My point is, someone needs to fight for the belt and sharpish imo.

Last edited:
Adesanya didn't took much damage Vs Silva

Interim title between Gas and Israel make sense.

(only if Bobby K is out for more than 6 months tho)

He’s the champion. And he shouldn’t be out that long. Taking Tony’s belt was crap. This would equal that.

Edit. Almost everybody seemed to want Bisping vs Hendo until Bisping won. And we know for a fact many wanted to see Bisping vs GSP. I can’t be too hard on Bisping. He took what they offered him. And if he sat out a bit to face GSP. Well... Who in his position wouldn’t have?

He’s the champion. And he shouldn’t be out that long. Taking Tony’s belt was crap. This would equal that.
If Tony had held an interim belt for 18 months without defending it, I'd have a problem with that too. I see no reason why Whittaker has a belt in the first place.

hes been champion for almost 2 years but never been in a championship fight.

strip him

Adesanya didn't took much damage Vs Silva

Interim title between Gas and Israel make sense.

(only if Bobby K is out for more than 6 months tho)
I would agree but I repeat; never won the full title, no defences since 2017. Strip him and move on.

Whittaker shouldn't even be considered at this point. Maybe give him a title shot when he gets back to fitness, but he's held a belt that he didn't win since 2017 and hasn't defended it. Before that, we had GSP, who refused to defend (but at least had the decency to give it up) and Bisping, who refused to fight contenders. The division has been moving slower than a paraplegic wading through honey for years now. DC had to beat Rumble, to claim a vacant belt, why did Whittaker just get given the strap?

Even Conor had the good grace to actually beat the reigning champs to get his belts. The amount of love Whittaker gets on here is beyond me. Gastelum - Adesanya needs to be made for the full belt as soon as possible, get the line moving again.

The only thing gasteluem should be booked for is an appointment with a dermatologist for that staph

CGhU.gif

The man had emergency surgery! Give it a rest. He did defend the belt, it isn't his fault that his dance partner failed to make weight. I agree that he needs to be more active but stripping him is a bit crazy

If Tony had held an interim belt for 18 months without defending it, I'd have a problem with that too. I see no reason why Whittaker has a belt in the first place.

Because he had an interim belt and the champion vacated. Had there been no interim champion. Two top contenders would have fought for the vacant title. It’s really just A-B-C.

Because he had an interim belt and the champion vacated. It’s really just A-B-C.
Understood, but why not make him fight someone for the belt? I felt the same when they gave Aldo his title back when Conor was stripped.

Understood, but why not make him fight someone for the belt? I felt the same when they gave Aldo his title back when Conor was stripped.

Aldo fought for an interim belt. Go back to updated post number 10 for the rest.

Aldo was given the UFC strap because he was WEC champ back in the days.

So he never "won" it even tho he defended the shiet multiple time.

That doesn't mean Aldo wasn't a real champ ... geez.

hes been champion for almost 2 years but never been in a championship fight.

strip him
Lol

You realize that Yoel didn’t make weight right? And rob didn’t lose anyways

Are you mad?

Adesanya has not even fought any Top 5. How does he deserve a title shot?

Aldo was given the UFC strap because he was WEC champ back in the days.

So he never "won" it even tho he defended the shiet multiple time.

That doesn't mean Aldo wasn't a real champ ... geez.
He lost it to Conor, won an interim strap against Frankie, then somehow was full champ by the time Holloway beat him. Him vs Holloway should have been for a vacant belt.

Adesanya has not even fought any Top 5. How does he deserve a title shot?

This blows my mind...whats the rush with all these guys...i dont get it..are the belts going somewhere..is the UFC closing soon..everyone gets one or two wins and now ..oh i want a title shot ill talk shit abit and ill get it lmao...

You should have beaten everyone through ranks 2 thru 5 or atleast 2 of them ...before even whispering about a title shot..

Fighters these days..wish i could be in the UFC already..would bring this shit back to the days of true competiton and less politics

Back