Media Gary Goodridge came out with a Youtube channel.

honestly dementia is very easy to spot, just a conversation is telling (i've worked almost 10 years in a care house for alzheimer patients).
idk but he doesn't seem to have it, good for him.
To me in that new video Gary sounds normal, maybe just a very tiny sign of CTE. Watch this video from years back. You can clearly spot brain damage. Glad he’s made great improvements.

He has a good support system with a number of family members in the area. I actually met his sister way back in the day. I worked at a car dealership and saw the last name on the paperwork. Asked if she was related to Garry and she was.
That's really good to hear, I guess it's a small town too, or just a small world we live in

It's well documented that Gary is suffering from CTE after his retirement. People push some rando's youtube content all the time on here, famous or non-famous, self or others, so surely we sherbros can get behind the OG of MMA.

Let's show some support to the OG by subscribing. I did a second ago.

Gotta love Goodridge.

Who do I believe?!?!?
The duality of Sherdog.

Years ago, he sounded so bad, I couldn't even watch the interviews. Slurring over words, brutal to watch.

This video, and his other recent ones are a lot easier to understand. He sounds a lot more coherent.

Last edited:
I'm surprised, he sounded much worse a few years ago on an interview done in his house with some reporter lady.
The brain, like most things in the body, can regenerate to a large extent as well. Like all things though the right things have to be done to facilitate recovery

i just saw this video and came here to see if anybody posted. man he sounds SO much better than he did in like 2014. like, it's shocking for me to hear him like he is. i've never heard of anyone getting better, where their speech and all that improved. everyone i've seen that had brain damage from fighting just seemed to get worse. what's even more crazy is he sounds WAY better than Nam Phan who is like 15 yrs younger than Gary and did not have the insanely brutal career Gary had.

i'm glad he's getting better, it's really amazing, at least to me, a resident sherdog psychologist and noted medical doctor.

It's well documented that Gary is suffering from CTE after his retirement. People push some rando's youtube content all the time on here, famous or non-famous, self or others, so surely we sherbros can get behind the OG of MMA.

Let's show some support to the OG by subscribing. I did a second ago.

I saw this before it made it to sherdog and I must say I was amazed at how good he sounded and how well he remembered things compared to some things he's put out over the last few years. Looks like his family is helping take care of him as best as possible and Im here for it.

Im gunna sub and support.

i just saw this video and came here to see if anybody posted. man he sounds SO much better than he did in like 2014. like, it's shocking for me to hear him like he is. i've never heard of anyone getting better, where their speech and all that improved. everyone i've seen that had brain damage from fighting just seemed to get worse. what's even more crazy is he sounds WAY better than Nam Phan who is like 15 yrs younger than Gary and did not have the insanely brutal career Gary had.

i'm glad he's getting better, it's really amazing, at least to me, a resident sherdog psychologist and noted medical doctor.

For sure! I agree, it's really amazing. It's great to see.

and

055ba9c9df9e85942a22285f771c5d59.gif

I saw this before it made it to sherdog and I must say I was amazed at how good he sounded and how well he remembered things compared to some things he's put out over the last few years. Looks like his family is helping take care of him as best as possible and Im here for it.

Im gunna sub and support.

Yeah it's great to see, and it's in a way shocking even, in a good way though. You don't expect this, but glad to see. I'm all for happy endings for legends of this brutal sport. And I feel like lots of OGs weren't really able to make living off this sport like young guys are able to, like get his own gym, invest, make money and such, though those young guys didn't have to go through one tenth the hellfire that Goodridge had to do.

War Goodridge.

Goodridge was a bad man at his best. Inconsistent and not elite by any means but he was always dangerous. He knocked out Mikey Bernardo in K-1 who was nothing to fuck with and knocked out some hard men in Don Frye and Oleg Taktarov and TKOd Valentin Overeem who had beat Randy Couture and Ian Freeman in that same year. Goodridge also gave the fans a great brawl with Igor Vovchanchyn in what was a losing effort but still a good scrap. A fully geared up and ready to go Gary could have thrown down with guys like Derrick Lewis and Tuivasa all day IMO. I hespect of heem.
Marco Ruas said his punching power was "horrifying" too.

He sounds way better then what he did 5 - 10 years ago when he was speaking with a slur and his eyes half closed. I'm glad his brain is healing.

Back