Garrett's suspension.

Think all Garretts in the NFL should lose their job imo

source.gif

Well at least Rudolph was fined $35,000 for his instigation

LMAO, I hope you're joking about the self defense part...and now the moment we all knew was coming - Garrett now alleging Rudolph called him a racial slur...give me a fucking break...

LMAO, I hope you're joking about the self defense part...and now the moment we all knew was coming - Garrett now alleging Rudolph called him a racial slur...give me a fucking break...
LOL at racial slur.. I read that too. Just what Mason Rudolph wanted to do... drop a slur around a bunch of massive black dudes, including his own teammates so that he could alienate himself from the rest of the league.

LOL at racial slur.. I read that too. Just what Mason Rudolph wanted to do... drop a slur around a bunch of massive black dudes, including his own teammates so that he could alienate himself from the rest of the league.

Jussie Garrett...I'm sure Rudolph called him the N word and said welcome to MAGA country :rolleyes:...funny how nobody else heard it and it's only coming out a week later at his suspension appeal...and yeah I'm sure Rudolph is dumb enough to say something like that when the majority of players are black...

Indefinite suspension, last guy to do it about sixty years ago got ejected.

Rudolph tried to rip off Garrett's helmet first and hit him in the nuts, they got separated and Rudolph then tried to get the fight going again before Garrett responded and showed him what an athlete can do. He was acting in self defence at that point.

Sure hitting with a helmet is terrible but does the punishment fit the crime?

100% with you.

Garrett shouldn't have done it. But imo Rudolph instigated it, and re-instigated it after it was over the first time.

I don't think Garrett is innocent, but i'm mostly bothered by the A) lack of punishment for Rudolph, and B) use of "criminal, thug, attempted murder, deadly weapon, ban for life, criminal charges, etc etc" talk directed at Garrett. When nobody saying it knows him personally, and all accounts from people who do know him indicate he's a good dude. And he has no record of criminal behavior.

And I find it hard to believe we would hear all that if it was Rudolph hitting Garrett. And I certainly don't remember hearing it about this shit.

Up by 20, 4 minutes left, not defending himself, not ejected.

<puh-lease75>

And I certainly don't remember hearing it about this shit.

Up by 20, 4 minutes left, not defending himself, not ejected.

<puh-lease75>

You have severe selective memory then bruh, was talked about for a lot the first couple days after that game.

But if you're saying Rudolph instigated then you're also having selective memory for how White was tackling Gronk as the ball left Brady's hand for like 70% of the game with no penalties being thrown.

You have severe selective memory then bruh, was talked about for a lot the first couple days after that game.

But if you're saying Rudolph instigated then you're also having selective memory for how White was tackling Gronk as the ball left Brady's hand for like 70% of the game with no penalties being thrown.

lol at talking about my selective memory and then defending that shit cuz "missed holding calls earlier in the game".

Thank you for making my point.

Garrett is a criminal thug savage who tried to kill a man for no reason.

Gronk was calling attention to bad officiating.

Case closed.

lol at talking about my selective memory and then defending that shit cuz "missed holding calls earlier in the game".

Thank you for making my point.

Garrett is a criminal thug savage who tried to kill a man for no reason.

Gronk was calling attention to bad officiating.

Case closed.
They were both fucking derp idiots. If Garrett's force was in retaliation for shit that's basically what Gronk did.

They were both fucking derp idiots. If Garrett's force was in retaliation for shit that's basically what Gronk did.

lol ok bro. Gronk was defending himself.

Gronk was more premeditated and not in self defense. Garrett was a bigger escalation of force(maybe). Garrett "could have" hurt him worse with the crown. In reality, Gronk did more damage.

No way Garrett's actions were 6x worse though.

Do you really believe that? Do you really believe 1 game for Gronk and 6+ for Garrett is fair?

lol ok bro. Gronk was defending himself.

Gronk was more premeditated and not in self defense. Garrett was a bigger escalation of force(maybe). Garrett "could have" hurt him worse with the crown. In reality, Gronk did more damage.

No way Garrett's actions were 6x worse though.

Do you really believe that? Do you really believe 1 game for Gronk and 6+ for Garrett is fair?
I don't. But I also know the way the league handles concussions and player safety has changed a fair bit in 2 years too. 2017 was when Rodgers broke his collarbone and remember all the QB protection rule changes the following off season? I also think 2017 was prior to the settlement of the concussion lawsuit.

You add those two things then you look at Rudolph being a QB (already a protected position), Rudolph was also the center of probably one of the worst concussion blows this season after the Earl Thomas hit where it looked like he had been shot dead on the field there for a bit and I get WHY the league went straight to indefinite suspension until at least the end of the season.

Yes, Gronk could have severely injured/crippled White with what he did. However, he didn't take a helmet and proceed to use it as a weapon against the unprotected head of someone.

EDIT:
I think there's also an aspect to this that the NFL is trying to prove a point. Given the Burfict shit earlier this season and other seasons they're using this as a "test case" so to speak.

Last edited:
I don't. But I also know the way the league handles concussions and player safety has changed a fair bit in 2 years too. 2017 was when Rodgers broke his collarbone and remember all the QB protection rule changes the following off season? I also think 2017 was prior to the settlement of the concussion lawsuit.

You add those two things then you look at Rudolph being a QB (already a protected position), Rudolph was also the center of probably one of the worst concussion blows this season after the Earl Thomas hit where it looked like he had been shot dead on the field there for a bit and I get WHY the league went straight to indefinite suspension until at least the end of the season.

Yes, Gronk could have severely injured/crippled White with what he did. However, he didn't take a helmet and proceed to use it as a weapon against the unprotected head of someone.

EDIT:
I think there's also an aspect to this that the NFL is trying to prove a point. Given the Burfict shit earlier this season and other seasons they're using this as a "test case" so to speak.

We can agree that a lot of outside factors that don’t have to do with Garrett are influencing the way Garrett is being perceived and punished. I just don’t think that’s fair to Garrett. Maybe to Burfict, but not to Garrett.

You know what I find funny? That Mason Rudolph supposedly called Garret a racial slur, but none of Garret's own team found out about it until it was announced today. Seriously? He didn't tell one guy on his team that Mason called him a derogatory name and they all found out about it today?

Not buying it.

If Garret had wanted to hurt Rudolph he could have, what he did was the equivalent of a light jab, probably didn't even leave a mark. People suggesting that all uses of a weapon are the same are actually retarded.

Why are people so comfortable trying to ruin other's lives by lying about them making racial slurs? Should be considered a hate crime of defamation

So not only did Garrett attack Rudolph with his helmet, but he then went the Jussie route and accused Rudolph of making a racial slur as an excuse and to appeal to the ethnocentric black fans and media? Ban him for life. Max Kellerman from ESPN too. He probably told Garrett to say that. Heh.

If Garret had wanted to hurt Rudolph he could have, what he did was the equivalent of a light jab, probably didn't even leave a mark. People suggesting that all uses of a weapon are the same are actually retarded.

He did as much damage as he could because there were players between he and Mason Rudolph.

So Garrett tried to play the race card, eh? How predictable. It's so commonly abused by lowlifes.
NFL finds 'no such evidence' of Mason Rudolph directing racial slur at Myles Garrett

Rudolph should pursue both criminal charges and civil damages from libel and defamation: just like that piece of shit will.i.am who tried the same against the poor flight attendant to weasel out of his misconduct on the Qantas flight.

I see this no differently than I see the false rape accusation issue. It's time people started suffering serious consequences for these unsubstantiated allegations. People have lost their livelihoods; they've faced widespread harassment and ostracization over the stigma. It's little different than what homosexuals (or those merely accused of it) faced over half a century ago if you think about it. That's the stakes.

The NFL needs to ban Garrett for life. Piece of trash.

So Garrett tried to play the race card, eh? How predictable. It's so commonly abused by lowlifes.
NFL finds 'no such evidence' of Mason Rudolph directing racial slur at Myles Garrett

Rudolph should pursue both criminal charges and civil damages from libel and defamation: just like that piece of shit will.i.am who tried the same against the poor flight attendant to weasel out of his misconduct on the Qantas flight.

I see this no differently than I see the false rape accusation issue. It's time people started suffering serious consequences for these unsubstantiated allegations. People have lost their livelihoods; they've faced widespread harassment and ostracization over the stigma. It's little different than what homosexuals (or those merely accused of it) faced over half a century ago if you think about it. That's the stakes.

The NFL needs to ban Garrett for life. Piece of trash.

There ain't no way the NFL could know what was said when they were on the floor is there? I mean Rudolph ain't stupid.

I don't think it's quite proper behaviour to be impuning someone's character without evidence. That's probably why Garrett was quiet about it and why he should have remained so.

I don't think it's necessary to call people a liar, in this case it doesn't matter what was said, the actions still took place.

There ain't no way the NFL could know what was said when they were on the floor is there? I mean Rudolph ain't stupid.

I don't think it's quite proper behaviour to be impuning someone's character without evidence. That's probably why Garrett was quiet about it and why he should have remained so.

I don't think it's necessary to call people a liar, in this case it doesn't matter what was said, the actions still took place.
Certainly it will be impossible to prove a negative, but Garrett is the one who posited this allegation. If he didn't wish to face consequences for such a defamatory statement then he shouldn't have made it without being able to corroborate it. Since he has, and he can't, he has nobody but himself to blame for being crushed under the weight of that burden. He is no longer dwelling in a space where negatives may justify his safety.

I think slander is a serious crime, and people who casually bandy public slander about should face severe consequences. I hold Garrett, and all those who falsely play this card, in contempt.

Back