Media Gane(153k) before UFC was a savage, DrabonBallZ combo gif

He’s fighting at HW lol… merely having a respectable overhand makes you a contender these days... Look at Lewis and Ngannou.

The UFC isn’t necessarily scouting the wrestling or BJJ world at HW these days like they used to.

<{cruzshake}>
So your waiving the white flag? That didn’t take long.

We obviously can’t compare him against talent that doesn’t exist. And I’m not going to entertain the “you just need to punch to be a good HW” bull shit. I’m sorry, I know that there isn’t a lot of depth, but the best HWs on the roster are elite for a reason. If you can’t appreciate what guys like Gane, Lewis, Stipe and Ngannou are capable of you should find a new sport to be a fan of. It doesn’t get much better then that.

Find me a HW that isn’t named Fedor that strikes at the level of gane and can still pull this off and you can pick my av for a week

ImaginativeMeatyAiredale-size_restricted.gif
4-5 acaunts monopolized
the UFC THREADS with 4-5 threads everyone of them !
What system is this !?

You do realize what an insult to grappling this gif is right??? This would never happen in any other division lol… it’s a sloppy failed Uchimata by an out of shape dude.

This is what you’re looking for my guy:

8a1a71755c4980e5bb3b4295b5bd5c6d.gif
You’re telling me grapplers are better at grappling in a sport in which you can only grapple?

Knew he isn't a natural southpaw. When he is standing in an Orthodox stance his right hand has so much more power coming from the rear.

His defense so much better as southpaw but he's a scary puncher in Orthodox stance
Thank you so much sir for rising the level of this thread.

Spinning elbow to a double punch lol then he finished his opponent,
mw3zb-.gif

and fun fact against this guy he suffer a collapsed lung and was fighting with one lung, told his coach betwen R1 and R2 "I have no more cardio !" he then had no choice but finish his opponent in R2 because he knew he couldnt last more

New video from UFC with a great HL from his fights before UFC

Damn Gane before UFC was a savage, with only 1 year of training he was willing to brawl ,you can tell now that his style evolve to a more mature fighter ,more technical and less risky.
Kind of like GSP went from savage to calculated after Serra lose

He was new to mma but he had fight experience already. He had like 13 muay thai fights so he had fight experience. Like Adesanya when he made the switch, they were already fighters but just in a different combat sport. It's not the same as fighters with no fight experience at all and learning mma for 1 year and fighting. Either way he is fast tracking his progress though. Other transfers from combat sports usually are not fighting for a title with 3 years of mma training in UFC.

Also his old style is a bit more fun to watch. He can still fight aggressively like before but just be more technical. He can still go for finishes and be technical. Being technical doesn't mean just being a point fighter. Lots of technical finishers out there in all of combat sports.

Last edited:
You’re telling me grapplers are better at grappling in a sport in which you can only grapple?

Applicable to MMA by actual grapplers. Almost an Uchimata variant to create a scramble and cover.

VagueEthicalBedlingtonterrier-small.gif

Compare that to this pathetic thing:

Your back or your butt should never hit the mat. ANY halfway respectable grappler would’ve finished the cover on Gane, other dude is just so out of shape he’s literally sucking wind in the gif lol.

He was new to mma but he had fight experience already. He had like 13 muay thai fights so he had fight experience. Like Adesanya when he made the switch, they were already fighters but just in a different combat sport. It's not the same as fighters with no fight experience at all and learning mma for 1 year and fighting. Either way he is fast tracking his progress though. Other transfers from combat sports usually are not fighting for a title with 3 years of mma training in UFC.

To be fair, Adesanya had 75-5 with 8 years of kickboxing.
Gane only trained MT for 2-3 years (3 years in total but first year he wasnt even serious about training) and 13-0.
but yeah he had combat experience I agree

Applicable to MMA by actual grapplers. Almost an Uchimata variant to create a scramble and cover.

VagueEthicalBedlingtonterrier-small.gif

Compare that to this pathetic thing:

Your back or your butt should never hit the mat. ANY halfway respectable grappler would’ve finished the cover on Gane, other dude is just so out of shape he’s literally sucking wind in the gif lol.
Fair enough. But there’s still no one that can name a Hw that fits this criteria I laid out. I’m not saying he’s an expert. I’m saying that what he’s doing in this sport, in this weight class is special. That’s it.

Fair enough. But there’s still no one that can name a Hw that fits this criteria I laid out. I’m not saying he’s an expert. I’m saying that what he’s doing in this sport, in this weight class is special. That’s it.
Jon Jones… is gonna fight at HW… maybe

Haha

Spinning elbow to a double punch lol then he finished his opponent,
mw3zb-.gif

and fun fact against this guy he suffer a collapsed lung and was fighting with one lung, told his coach betwen R1 and R2 "I have no more cardio !" he then had no choice but finish his opponent in R2 because he knew he couldnt last more

New video from UFC with a great HL from his fights before UFC

Damn Gane before UFC was a savage, with only 1 year of training he was willing to brawl ,you can tell now that his style evolve to a more mature fighter ,more technical and less risky.
Kind of like GSP went from savage to calculated after Serra lose

He definitely has more striking skills and speed and stamina than most heavyweights. However he doesn't have one shot knock out power from what I have seen so far. It will be a stern test of his credentials to fight Lewis as Lewis is a counter striker with excellent timing and the second most powerful striking in the division.

I think UFC was also keen to see how he would do by matching him against Lewis first rather than going for lewis against ngannou because if gane wins they could set up a big championship fight with ngannou that would be more interesting than Lewis-ngannou II with their contrasting styles as opposed to Lewis vs ngannou where both are counter strikers and nobody wants a possible repeat to their first dull fight. And if gane wins he will be their new poster boy for the division who may be more cooperative than ngannou.

Back