• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tech Gaming Hardware discussion (& Hardware Sales) thread

@Madmick @jefferz thoughts on this case?

I'm not seeing any downsides, it has really good airflow and good aesthetics. Can fit a 360mm rad on the top compared to my Fractal Pop Air. I'm really liking the airlfow for the GPU.

It performs good enough in tests, but there's better if you're looking for pure performance. Aesthetics are a personal thing, so if you like it, go for it. I don't think you'd be disappointed.
At that $130 USD price, you have a lot of options. Personally, I'd probably got with a Fractal North (the wood front case), Lian Li 011 Air Mini, or see how that 207 I posted earlier performs in tests when it comes out.
NZXT stuff has never really interested me. They charge a premium for their products, and there has always been better options at a cheaper price in my opinion.

It performs good enough in tests, but there's better if you're looking for pure performance. Aesthetics are a personal thing, so if you like it, go for it. I don't think you'd be disappointed.
At that $130 USD price, you have a lot of options. Personally, I'd probably got with a Fractal North (the wood front case), Lian Li 011 Air Mini, or see how that 207 I posted earlier performs in tests when it comes out.
NZXT stuff has never really interested me. They charge a premium for their products, and there has always been better options at a cheaper price in my opinion.
Air Mini looks nice but it's too short, I have a beefy GPU (PowerColor 7900XTX Red Devil). The 207 looks nice and I remember seeing a vid of it, might consider that one too.

@jefferz had another look at the Lian-li Lancool 207, that's another good one, I liked the look better than the NZXT and I can still put two fans underneath the GPU for good airflow there.

@Madmick @jefferz thoughts on this case?

I'm not seeing any downsides, it has really good airflow and good aesthetics. Can fit a 360mm rad on the top compared to my Fractal Pop Air. I'm really liking the airlfow for the GPU.
I think the case designs have gotten so good, largely thanks to the influence of Steve Burke at Gamers Nexus, that you almost can't go wrong at this point. Even many of the off-brands are making cases properly, now.

I don't have any special insight for you, and you understand cases as well as me, so I'll just run down some links. Here's the GN roundup of the latest cases they've seen at tech shows in 2024. Too bad that Silverstone Alta D1 is going to run ~$1000. That is definitely the coolest and most useful design documented.

The H7 Flow performed only a handful of degrees (or decibels) off anything they've tested in their torture tests for CPU, GPU, and noise, so if you like the size, design, features, and reports of build quality at the price point in your market, then I don't see any reason not to get it.

I think the case designs have gotten so good, largely thanks to the influence of Steve Burker at Gamers Nexus, that you almost can't go wrong at this point. Even many of the off-brands are making cases properly, now.

I don't have any special insight for you, and you understand cases as well as me, so I'll just run down some links. Here's the GN roundup of the latest cases they've seen at tech shows in 2024. Too bad that Silverstone Alta D1 is going to run ~$1000. That is definitely the coolest and most useful design documented.

The H7 Flow performed only a handful of degrees (or decibels) off anything they've tested in their torture tests for CPU, GPU, and noise, so if you like the size, design, features, and reports of build quality at the price point in your market, then I don't see any reason not to get it.

He's known by the case and component OEMs and ODMs but you're really overrating how much these companies care about one youtuber.

What we talk about in this thread and the folks who watch tech youtubers are a sliver of the PC gaming market. Most people who buy don't care enough to dive as deep.

He's known by the case and component OEMs and ODMs but you're really overrating how much these companies care about one youtuber.

What we talk about in this thread and the folks who watch tech youtubers are a sliver of the PC gaming market. Most people who buy don't care enough to dive as deep.
<TrumpWrong1>

Burke's tech channel is by far the most watched, most popular YouTube channel that involved intensive case reviews of case thermals, and for which the chief personality became famous for obsessively ranting about poor airflow and solid front panel designs. This educated the market, it was disseminated on forums across the world, like this one, but more importantly on the most trafficked ones like Reddit, and once educated, the market quickly began to gravitate towards high-airflow designs. In a mere matter of years after Burke had achieved becoming one of the most viewed tech channels on YouTube, the case options on the PC market had flipped, a complete 180, from before where high-airflow designs were a niche, to now where they have become the dominant design style. One may credit the entire culture of tech channels to following suit, because they soon adopted his crusade, but Burke was the driving force behind the shift.

<TrumpWrong1>

Burke's tech channel is by far the most watched, most popular YouTube channel that involved intensive case reviews of case thermals, and for which the chief personality became famous for obsessively ranting about poor airflow and solid front panel designs. This educated the market, it was disseminated on forums across the world, like this one, but more importantly on the most trafficked ones like Reddit, and once educated, the market quickly began to gravitate towards high-airflow designs. In a mere matter of years after Burke had achieved becoming one of the most viewed tech channels on YouTube, the case options on the PC market had flipped, a complete 180, from before where high-airflow designs were a niche, to now where they have become the dominant design style. One may credit the entire culture of tech channels to following suit, because they soon adopted his crusade, but Burke was the driving force behind the shift.
Like literally...many of his poorly reviewed products are some of the best selling products on the market.

Many product teams watch Tech Jesus but he's not rhe one driving their decisions. I don't think you understand how small his sub base is compared to the actual market. His influence is a thing, but your mom or dad buying their kid stuff isn't watching an hour of YouTube videos before buying Timmy's first gaming rig or case.

Like literally...many of his poorly reviewed products are some of the best selling products on the market.

Many product teams watch Tech Jesus but he's not rhe one driving their decisions. I don't think you understand how small his sub base is compared to the actual market. His influence is a thing, but your mom or dad buying their kid stuff isn't watching an hour of YouTube videos before buying Timmy's first gaming rig or case.
Some of the wines Robert Parker gave a bad review still sold well. You don't seem to understand the nature of influence.

Back