Tech Gaming Hardware discussion (& Hardware Sales) thread

$29.99 effective is what I meant to write. I take it for granted that people can figure out the $10 off deal when they visit the page.

$29.99 effective is what I meant to write. I take it for granted that people can figure out the $10 off deal when they visit the page.

...k, but then you need to take 2 chances/make a 2nd order with newegg. they screwed up something like 10 of my last 13 orders, so i quit using them altogether.

that said, i think about half of them (maybe more) were probably lasership's fault, but it was newegg who kept insisting on using them.

shit, a glass panel with their shipping? they'd be boxes of shrapnel out here.

they screwed up something like 10 of my last 13 orders, so i quit using them altogether.
naNEzNm.gif

It's not $10 off though, it's a gift card to Newegg. You should change your post to reflect the actual price.

Replaced my A14 rear exhaust with the 140mm Noctua fan that operates at 160cfm. Working in conjunction with my top 200mm fan which is also exhaust.

Began seeing weird CPU temp spikes during normal usage. Apparently using my previous fan curves with these two combined exhausts was David Carradine'ing the fans on my Fuma 2, lol.

of all the things to cast doubt on...

<LikeReally5>
I just find it odd that a guy who relentlessly brags about how he lives around the corner from a Microcenter would have the need to order 13 things from Newegg.
<TheDonald>

I just find it odd that a guy who relentlessly brags about how he lives around the corner from a Microcenter would have the need to order 13 things from Newegg.
<TheDonald>

...it's as if i didn't always live near a mc, or something.

and newegg's cs/shipping collapse is what led me to mc, to begin with.

lolz, anyway - since newegg's cs/qc/shipping has been notorious for a good while now.

{<jimmies}

...it's as if i didn't always live near a mc, or something.
Oh!

So if you don't live "near" to an MC like over 80% of Americans (who aren't within a 250 mile round trip) then suddenly MC pricing is irrelevant because you're shopping at Newegg?

giphy.gif

Oh!

So if you don't live "near" to an MC like over 80% of Americans (who aren't within a 250 mile round trip) then suddenly MC pricing is irrelevant because you're shopping at Newegg?

giphy.gif

I signed up and I still can't make this work. The website already asked me to register when I used the "SAVE15" code, but only said, "You Have Entered an Invalid Promo Code" when I tried entering "SPRING15". I'm a new customer, which is required for the "SAVE15" coupon, so I'm wondering if you must be a returning customer in order to qualify for Spring variation of the promo. Slickdeals tells me it has an 8.3% chance of success.
https://slickdeals.net/coupons/jet/?couponid=1129300#all

That's not the only issue for a Californian. We pay tax on Jet purchases, so there's a $22 premium triggered from the base price over eBay sellers who tend to be our best chance at avoiding sales tax (everygoddamnbody has a physical warehouse here). That's a killer deal, and I envy you, but for now, that $273 figure is the best I've seen with a processor that is at least (if not honestly) sold as "New" here in Cali. There might be a better deal, but $273 new all-in (99.4% positive) with expedited shipping ain't bad.

Oh!

giphy.gif

{<huh}

imagine hating on micro center this hard. lolz.

but yes, before i knew micro center existed, i had never shopped at micro center. and i bought from elsewhere, including newegg. lolz @ thinking you had some kind of point.

i guess i shouldn't be surprised.

{<huh}

imagine hating on micro center this hard. lolz.

but yes, before i knew micro center existed, i had never shopped at micro center. and i bought from elsewhere, including newegg. lolz @ thinking you had some kind of point.

i guess i shouldn't be surprised.
giphy.gif

i actually just put together a build through microcenter (70%) and newegg (30%), got annoyed by parts going out of stock again and ended up making a 'fuck it' purchase of this, instead:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102539

seems to be ~ the same price i was going to spend after getting nickel and dimed for windows and tax ($200 combined. ouch). i regret it, already. but just sick of wasting time trying to compile components.
<LikeReally5>

yup. that was me giving them one last chance.

it was RMA'd.

also, lolz @ how poorly you misread that. you even highlighted it in red and somehow thought it said the opposite. derp.

<JagsKiddingMe>

simple madmick. so eager to try to find a gotcha... didn't even bother to read what it said.

<Dany07>

edit:

also from that thread:

fuck newegg.

they screwed up 5 of my last 7 orders now
(which became 6 of 8, as stated later...)

part of it could be location. where i live, it's a crapshoot with which carrier they choose. not sure if they still use lasership, but they were nothing but bullshit (claimed no one was here when people were here, were walking around aimlessly on the sidewalk 2/3 block up the street with my package [after i called and bitched them out for claiming no one was here], ) leaving packages on our stoop to be stolen (or stealing them, themselves).

a doa PSU. a doa gpu, missing items, etc in my last 7, just an order of RAM and a SSD/filter order were the only smooth ones. the first problem i had (and only one in ~ 5 solid years) was a HDD that was half-melted.

this time... it's missing items (external dvd drive, i don't even think it shipped at all or will without bitching them out), no invoice/packing slip/anything, no windows 10 cd/documentation/key/serial/anything.

after the live chat was stalled at 1000+ queue, i called and was told there was a 12-18 minute hold time. i hung up 49 minutes later, with no idea how far from a human i even was.

for a sidenote, the back fan is an evga of some type (not the corsair). and i absolutely loathe the case. i can't blame them for that, the case is what it should be - it just sucks. has large open gaps in the back panel and front with no shrouds/screens. there's a big magnetic screen for the top, though. which kinda makes the gaps all the dumber.

regardless, i'm sticking with microcenter from now on. they's been flawless with me so far.

{<jordan}

Last edited:
I ran into a problem that I figured would happen and now need a resolution.

Nzxt H510 (both case fans replaced with be quiet! fans)
Ryzen 5 3600
Dark Rock Slim Pro CPU cooler
RTX 3080

GPU temps are warm but fine. In the low 70s if I'm running something on max settings at 1440P 144fps.

CPU temps are just bad. Usually in low 40s idle and under heavy load they get to low 80s. I thought about reapplying thermal paste and/or replacing the CPU cooler but that's treating the symptom I think as opposed to the problem.

Is it worth it at these temps to upgrade to a case with better air flow or should I just change out the CPU cooler? If case change, anyone have recommendations? Prefer it to be black if possible.

@Madmick just tagging you because you know your shit.

Last edited:
I ran into a problem that I figured would happen and now need a resolution.

Nzxt H510 (both case fans replaced with be quiet! fans)
Ryzen 5 3600
Dark Rock Slim Pro CPU cooler
RTX 3080

GPU temps are warm but fine. In the low 70s if I'm running something on max settings at 1440P 144fps.

CPU temps are just bad. Usually in low 40s idle and under heavy load they get to low 80s. I thought about reapplying thermal paste and/or replacing the CPU cooler but that's treating the symptom I think as opposed to the problem.

Is it worth it at these temps to upgrade to a case with better air flow or should I just change out the CPU cooler? If case change, anyone have recommendations? Prefer it to be black if possible.

@Madmick just tagging you because you know your shit.

Have you tried changing the fan curve for your cpu cooler yet?

Have you tried changing the fan curve for your cpu cooler yet?

I've messed with it a little but I am open to suggestions that aren't "set to 100 always".

I think it is currently 35% at 30C, 50% at 45C, 75% at 60C, and 100% at 70C.

Easiest solution would be to place the two default fans sent with the case as intake fronts. While setting them at 100% for they only operate at 50cfm 1200RPM max. Adjust your two exhaust be quiet! fans to always operate at 40% across all temperatures.

Current issue is that a negative airflow is occurring in the case.

Back