• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tech Gaming Hardware discussion (& Hardware Sales) thread

AMD Ryzen 5000 series CPUs just went on sale here.
Ordered my 5950x, shipping in about a week, so plenty of time to cancel if the reviews says it's somehow shit.
And I guess it comes with a code for Far Cry 6 for some reason.

AMD's DLSS alternative won't be ready until after the launch.

“The company is promising its super sampling technology will be open and cross-platform, which means it could come to next-gen consoles like the Xbox Series X and PS5. AMD is working with a number of partners on this technology, and it’s expecting strong industry support. Unfortunately, this won’t be ready for the launch of these three new Radeon RX 6000 Series cards,” Warren says.

https://www.pcgamer.com/amd-rx-6000..._source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

It's not going to be a peer for years, if ever, AMD is terrible on the software side, though that might change now that they have money for the first time in 15 years. If it does this could prove to be a serious feather in the Xbox Series X's hat over the PS5, since the PS5 apparently isn't supporting this feature, but that isn't clear whether it is a hardware deficiency of their custom APU, or if they simply chose not to support it at launch because they knew it wasn't meaningful, yet.

If AMD does make something of it this it could prove to be a real thorn in NVIDIA's side since DLSS 2.0, amazing as it is, like DX12/U, just isn't supported by many PC games. Presumably, developers would support the AMD variant for every serious release on the consoles, and that's a huge chunk of PC games, now.

So I bought a 32" LG 1440p monitor to mount above my 4k monitor. I use HDMI for my 4k, should I use display port for my new one or HDMI and should I keep using HDMI for my 4k? I'm confused as to if there would even be a difference.

shouldn't make a difference, but check the spec of the outputs on your gpu to be sure.
I did have some issues with my high refresh rate 1440p monitor and hdmi, I had to buy 4 hdmi 2.1 spec cables before I got one that would let me do 160hz and g-sync on the thing.

I will try tomorrow

Are you going to purchase locally or online?

Either way, doesn't bother me. We probably won't get them here in Australia for a month or so.

Either way, doesn't bother me. We probably won't get them here in Australia for a month or so.
I managed to get my 3700X last year from Mwave (bought it from their Lidcombe warehouse/show-room) so I might try again tomorrow, the year before that I got the 1700 from a local store called Dcomp (last year they didn't have any 3000 series for like a week)

I managed to get my 3700X last year from Mwave (bought it from their Lidcombe warehouse/show-room) so I might try again tomorrow, the year before that I got the 1700 from a local store called Dcomp

Umart, Centercom and MWave are my go to. Though there is a small company that has good prices called Computer Alliance. I forgot you were from Aus.

Umart, Centercom and MWave are my go to. Though there is a small company that has good prices called Computer Alliance. I forgot you were from Aus.
I always forget about Centrecom even though I bought nearly all my SSDs from there lol I will give them a go as well

I will try them all though I'm in no rush as I'm very happy with my 3700X, I just want more power lol

I always forget about Centrecom even though I bought nearly all my SSDs from there lol I will give them a go as well

I will try them all though I'm in no rush as I'm very happy with my 3700X, I just want more power lol

I'm in the same boat. Its not so much a need. More of a want. Like I don't really need to upgrade my 1080ti but I want to, so I can flex on my friends.

From where? I haven't seen any available yet.... Still thinking about either the 5600x or 5800x. Not sure which yet. 5950x would just be overkill for me
Norwegian site called proshop. Not shipping until mid november, but they started taking orders yesterday for some reason, so I jumped on it.
If somehow the numbers were to come out and it turns out they fucked the dog on zen 3 there's plenty of time to cancel the order.
And yeah, unless you do a lot of heavy compute tasks or whatever it's pretty overkill. I do a lot of dumb stuff with virtual machines, especially now with working from home and not having access to my work lab every day, so I figured I'd just go big.

200.gif

Back