Gamer putting UFC money to shame

So is it official? Is MMA on par with something like darts? :(

A level

5d3ebe1a100a241e3175c632

C level
cain_velasquez.0.jpeg

Are you really defending this? I’m sorry that me not liking that children getting paid more than soliders, some health care professionals or even real athletes is so wrong. How old are you kid?

No 13 year old will spend that money well.
We get idiot sports stars blowing their money on the worst things everyday, and they are adults.
Huh. So "yes" was the answer to my question.

Seems like you just generally have issues with capitalism and free market economics. Definitely not something I'm interested in trying to debate with you.

Huh. So "yes" was the answer to my question.

Seems like you just generally have issues with capitalism and free market economics. Definitely not something I'm interested in trying to debate with you.
Oh don’t make this about capitalism.
You probably watch twitch don’t you kid?

The chess and Bassmaster tournaments pay more than UFC.

Hey major props for making invested time pay off. No reason to hate or belittle.

Reactions: Yep
thing is, to play a competitive game at the highest level requires the same (or greater) level of time commitment as it does to play sports at a high level, except it takes mental and mechanical skill instead of athletics. The pay is ultimately decided by how many people want to watch and sponsor it, so if UFC fighters are making less than Fortnite players its because UFC is a small time sideshow circus, ran by head carny clown Dana White.

thing is, to play a competitive game at the highest level requires the same (or greater) level of time commitment as it does to play sports at a high level, except it takes mental and mechanical skill instead of athletics. The pay is ultimately decided by how many people want to watch and sponsor it, so if UFC fighters are making less than Fortnite players its because UFC is a small time sideshow circus, ran by head carny clown Dana White.
A carny clown with over $100 million. Goof

Harder to be the best fortnite player in the world than it is be a UFC champ

It is about capitalism, though. Those gamers put in 12+ hours a day honing their craft. When you're the best in the world at something that draws eyeballs and dollars, you're going to be compensated accordingly. I'm a middle-aged man that doesn't even game casually anymore and even I recognize that.

Why would you say not to make it about capitalism? You are self-defeating.

I actually don't disagree with your general outrage. But the reason soldiers, nurses, essential workers, etc don't get paid enough while celebrities and sports stars make millions IS CAPITALISM. There really isn't an argument there.

Life is not fair. People don’t care about fighting though.

fortnite has a deeper and wider talent pool than mma, anyway you slice it.

It is about capitalism, though. Those gamers put in 12+ hours a day honing their craft. When you're the best in the world at something that draws eyeballs and dollars, you're going to be compensated accordingly. I'm a middle-aged man that doesn't even game casually anymore and even I recognize that.

Let me take it step further.

You've created this false dichotomy that suggests the money this kid made took money directly away from those people who you think should make more.

The celebrities and gamers that make this kind of money control a very small percentage of the world's wealth overall. Why don't you redirect your outrage at the people and corporations that actually control most of the money as well as the system that allows them to do so. Until you can do that, you're just an uninformed crybaby.

Harder to be the best fortnite player in the world than it is be a UFC champ
Unironically i think thats true, but it kinda makes me sad. From one side- kid just made millions while having fun, but really saddens me how the technology is taking over the world. I'd just like to live in the 80s

I wish they had this during the counter strike beta days. I had mastered all of the maps and the P90.

Are you really defending this? I’m sorry that me not liking that children getting paid more than soliders, some health care professionals or even real athletes is so wrong. How old are you kid?

No 13 year old will spend that money well.
We get idiot sports stars blowing their money on the worst things everyday, and they are adults.

it’s called supply and demand bro. Learn how to economy. If there is a demand and market for something, there is money in it. There is no money for soldiers because any 18 year old dumbass kid can sign up to be one. To be the best, absolute #1 best at something is worth money. If you can’t understand how that works, go take a business class or 2.

Back