Gamer putting UFC money to shame

No the players employ people not the sport itself. Nobody would come if the sport didnt have the best players. Teachers and co are all paid by taxes not because kids want to go see them teach
If the best players weren't the best players, the sport would still be watched. There is no way to keep a current gauge of that. First off, baseball is boring as fuck, secondly the skill level has CLEARLY changed over the years, and arguing that the average viewership is perfectly correlated to average player skill would not just be wrong, it'd be retarded. It'd be like the argument that Spiderman 3 was better than Citizen Kane cuz people bought it. And AGAIN, that's still just saying it's a celebrity status, not something based on necessity, and some people, in this thread, were arguing for jobs being paid based on meritocracy. That is their point. You are literally arguing against my detraction of a logic that you didn't agree with in the first place. I don't get what's being missed.

It's like person A said cats are cuter than foxes cuz they have bushier tails and I go "But foxes have bushier tails than cats, and by that logic, skunks are really cute." And you jump in and go "SKUNKS AREN'T CUTE AND CATS TAILS ARENT BUSHY." Like.. yeah, no shit. I know

That's absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Why on earth do people playing video games get paid for it? And it should never, ever have the word "sport" anywhere near it. Those games hyperventilate trying to open bathroom doors.

if only these guys that are upset about a kid winning realized that the player in 5th place in this tournament won 900k and was 13 at the time. At least the 2nd place was awarded to a 24yo and was only worth 1.8 mill

That's absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Why on earth do people playing video games get paid for it? And it should never, ever have the word "sport" anywhere near it. Those games hyperventilate trying to open bathroom doors.

This is why they get paid for it. They bring in a crowd and sponsors.
cropped-eric-ananmalay-fortnite-finals-1.jpeg

Gaming is harder on the body than MMA

He's also not going to get CTE, and is generally going to suffer less in terms of physical consequences than most highly paid athletes. If someone has the talent for it esports isn't a bad thing to pursue. Apparently most pros retire by 25, and that still leaves enough time to get a degree and pursue a career or whatever.

This is why they get paid for it. They bring in a crowd and sponsors.
cropped-eric-ananmalay-fortnite-finals-1.jpeg

Me rike this post. Apparently a lot of people have a problem how others earn their livelihood, even if it's 100% legal and not unethical in any way. Apparently they think they should be in charge of what kind of job other people work and how well other people should be compensated for it.

Well this thread was obviously started in a subforum frequented by posters who don't give a fuck about videogames.
MMA fans are a weird bunch of "Everyone makes fun of our niche "sport" for being a stupid form of entertainment, but they don't really know what they're talking about because they don't know it like we do. Oh, you like _____ ? I don't really know that form of entertainment, but I bet it's stupid."

MMA fans wouldn't know irony if they headbutt it in a mirror.

This is a shit thread. LOL
It's D1 Wrestler. Regardless of whether he's a troll or a moron, he says some really stupid shit. I haven't found out which it is, but then again, I couldn't really be bothered

Chandler Jones, Jon's brother, has made $67m and has a Super Bowl ring.

Reminder that Anime makes more than the NBA and the NFL combined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back