Gameplan for rolling with higher belts

As a white belt I was at a school where leg locks were not "discriminated" against (if you wanna call it that). We were taught how to properly do leg locks and to tap early. Just because you're a white belt does not mean that you are retarded and can't be trained ina certain technique to the point where you understand it and won't be stupid. A white belt can be someone with up to maybe 2 1/2 years of training, and I'm sure someone that trained for that much time knows how joint locks work and if trained in them knows how to properly execute a knee bar just like an armbar. The color of the belt doesn't mean shit. When nate diaz was a blue he was tapping browns and i think some blacks in his early MMA career.

There is a difference between learning leglocks in an environment that encourages their use, and advising an anonymous on-his-second-class white belt to go surprise his coaches with a heel hook, which he would most likely look up on youtube before class.

The latter is irresponsible.

ive learned that you dont go from getting ass kicked to kicking ass with higherbelts anytime soon.. Ive went from getting ass kicked to slightly getting ass kicked to almost getting ass kicked to where i am now stalemate Heading towards scoring submissions then hopefully kicking ass but as you get to those steps you move up becoming the higherbelt... GO FIGURE

Back