Television Game of Thrones S08E06 Discussion Thread: Burn them all! (the writing staff) | Our Watch has ended

My cousin and his wife are about to watch the final season. They fell off the show for a bit and recently picked it up again.

I told him this is not that kind of massage parlour. In fact it’s the kind you end up working for. You thought you were gonna get an HJ. No. You’re giving the HJs now kid

I still go back and watch scenes I really loved.

You are from Essos. Where? Lhys?... I have an ear for accents.

I've lost my accent entirely.

I have an ear for that as well.​

God's the writing was strong then!:)

So GRRM has revealed the three 'oh shit' moments he told Dumb and Dumber; hold the door, who would sit on the Iron Throne, and... that Stannis would choose to burn his daughter. He does however say the scene will play out different in the books(implying the book ever gets written).

Hold the Door and Baratheon BBQ were done well....

Bran on the Throne could've worked if they put some effort into the result.....but this is season 7&8 were talking here....

Bran on the Throne could've worked if they put some effort into the result.....but this is season 7&8 were talking here....
I agree that Hold the Door was done well, but Stannis burning Shireen? Dude saw like 3 inches of snow and decided 'fuck it, burn the girl'.

I agree that Hold the Door was done well, but Stannis burning Shireen? Dude saw like 3 inches of snow and decided 'fuck it, burn the girl'.

Sorry if I misspoke. The actual burning scene was done well IMO. ..

....Lead up maybe not so well.

My point is any of GRRMs plot points post-book could've worked...but D&D fucked up.

Sorry if I misspoke. The actual burning scene was done well IMO. ..

....Lead up maybe not so well.

My point is any of GRRMs plot points post-book could've worked...but D&D fucked up.

Hold the Door episode was good at the time, but it added absolutely nothing to the story there after.

So Bran can go and change events in the past now? The page is already written, the ink is dry? What's going on there?

Never touched on again.

Still not 100% what happened.

Last edited:
Hold the Door episode was good at the time, but it added absolutely nothing to the story there after.

So Bran can go and change events in the past now? The page is already written, the ink is dry? What's going on there?

Never touched on again.

Still not 100% what happened.
Just one of many plot threads they sort of forgot about.

Guess that's what happens when you decide on an arbitrary number of hours it takes to tell a story.

... and you have a Star Wars pay cheque on the brain.

Caught a youtube video that pointed out everything S8 fucked up....

...I couldn't even finish it because it was like ripping a wound open....

The problem was they needed to make Bran an interesting character and one who had done something to deserve being on the throne. Instead they made him this emotionless creep, he never used his ability to do anything, and no one involved in deciding who sits on the throne even knew who he was besides his family.

Why would Sansa want him on the throne? He's her brother but he's shown no leadership qualities and creeped her out by spying on her getting raped. Why would anyone else vote for him? They dont even know him or about his powers. He never built any relationships with the other people at the summit. But they all go along with the prisoner who for some reason was allowed to lead the discussion.

The problem was they needed to make Bran an interesting character and one who had done something to deserve being on the throne. Instead they made him this emotionless creep, he never used his ability to do anything, and no one involved in deciding who sits on the throne even knew who he was besides his family.

Why would Sansa want him on the throne? He's her brother but he's shown no leadership qualities and creeped her out by spying on her getting raped. Why would anyone else vote for him? They dont even know him or about his powers. He never built any relationships with the other people at the summit. But they all go along with the prisoner who for some reason was allowed to lead the discussion.

Exactly what I'm talking about. Book Bran on the Throne can be ok if the setup is there.

Now that Dexter is coming back to fix televisions worst series finale of all time next year, GOT now holds the title of worlds worst series finale ever!

I don’t care how it’s arrived to, Bran on the Throne is an awful choice. Not because i prefer someone else but because it’s such a misanthropic view on humanity that i have no desire to visit twice. Once was more than enough.

According to Martin, the only way for humanity to have a good leader is a cunning, selfish, manipulative, ancient AI creature that has absolutely no empathy for anyone or anything.

The only way Bran makes sense as the King, is if he’s the villain. That’s the only way the Show ending makes any sense.

“Why do i think i came all this way?”

He manipulated everyone, only gave info to create quarrels, while letting thousands of people getting killed so he can be the only one standing.

The dumb thing is if Bran is meant to sit on the throne then it’s not terribly original as it’s essentially just copying God Emperor Leto II who had several of the same powers like memories of past lives going back to time immemorial, near omniscience of the present etc

The dumb thing is if Bran is meant to sit on the throne then it’s not terribly original as it’s essentially just copying God Emperor Leto II who had several of the same powers like memories of past lives going back to time immemorial, near omniscience of the present etc

I've never read any Dune books. Do you think I should?

Back