Television Game of Thrones S08E06 Discussion Thread: Burn them all! (the writing staff) | Our Watch has ended

I've never read any Dune books. Do you think I should?

Well yes, but I think you should only read the first one. If you go past the first one then you could end up deciding you need to keep going, and then you’re fucked, because after 6 the author died and then 25 years later his son wrote 7 & 8 and they are absolute dog shit and basically ruin everything. The first book is by far the best one and the most self contained story, so after finishing it you can just stop there, and hopefully be satisfied with it.

Now that Dexter is coming back to fix televisions worst series finale of all time next year, GOT now holds the title of worlds worst series finale ever!

That will merely be an epilogue to the worst ending of all time, like the exact opposite of what 'El Camino' was an epilogue to 'Breaking Bad' the best ending in TV history.

Is lumberjack Dexter going back to his old ways of killing killers really going to be an improvement, after abandoning his son and girlfriend?

Well yes, but I think you should only read the first one. If you go past the first one then you could end up deciding you need to keep going, and then you’re fucked, because after 6 the author died and then 25 years later his son wrote 7 & 8 and they are absolute dog shit and basically ruin everything. The first book is by far the best one and the most self contained story, so after finishing it you can just stop there, and hopefully be satisfied with it.
I stopped at 6.
Lucky me)

It's been a good run, but after a year and a half I'm finally laying this thread to rest.

giphy.gif

EDIT: The thread is not being locked, just removed from the sticky list.

Last edited:
Boooo

Seriously: Why? IMO it seems best to allow this thread to continue for the (infrequent) conversation, until at least we're closer to the prequel launch. Otherwise someone will have to start a new thread, and hope that everyone that's followed GoT finds it? I guess I just disagree with shutting this down (and we're not even near the 10,000!)

I disagree with shutting it down too, don't see why

Boooo

Seriously: Why? IMO it seems best to allow this thread to continue for the (infrequent) conversation, until at least we're closer to the prequel launch. Otherwise someone will have to start a new thread, and hope that everyone that's followed GoT finds it? I guess I just disagree with shutting this down (and we're not even near the 10,000!)

I disagree with shutting it down too, don't see why

I'm not locking the thread, I'm just removing it from the sticky list.

Still rewatched the series a few times... after.
As bad as ending was, one heck of a series that you learn something else about a certain character ‘s nature or habits or something like that in each rewatch.

There are folks saying that Martin won't ever finish his work (not even if he lives for another 20 years).

Even during Coronavirus (a global tragedy), Martin still couldn't get any closer to finishing his novels.

Who necro’d this dead thread about a dead show? And @Medulla Omoplata yes, you should read Dune.

Season 8 sucked.

GRRM can suck it. Read 5 awesome tomes to then be told to go jump in a lake by the author.

Who necro’d this dead thread about a dead show? And @Medulla Omoplata yes, you should read Dune.

First of all, this thread is about the entire franchise (not just the TV series).

Second of all, I was the one who "necro'd" this thread.

Furthermore, this franchise might never "die." In a way, that's the problem. This franchise won't ever die if the creator never finishes the novels in the first place.

Even though it's true that the TV series had its Series Finale, the novels aren't even close to being complete.

I just watched GOT recently

didn't think it was my show but during the lockdown i binged it

First 5 seasons were great
6-7 meh
8 ... I can understand the rage now
especially when jon was flying the dragon through the whole battle
& danerys suddenly becomes how a lesbian feels without dick.. a murderous raging witch who kills hundreds

overall 9/10
glad I watched it now instead of when it was on tv

6-7 meh
& danerys suddenly becomes how a lesbian feels without dick.. a murderous raging witch who kills hundreds

overall 9/10

If you watched it when it was on TV, you might have despised it even more. That's because you were anticipating something slightly epic for the final season and you received whatever the last three episodes were.

6-7 meh

overall 9/10

I totally wish I had waited. I got into after season. Binged that season and had to wait after that. It was painful.

Back