Television Game of Thrones S08E06 Discussion Thread: Burn them all! (the writing staff) | Our Watch has ended

Agents fees, Taxes, etc.

https://www.insider.com/game-of-thrones-cast-net-worth-2019-5#maisie-williams-net-worth-6-million-9

Maisie Williams Net Worth: $6 Million
5ca6076a92c88651d5438fd5

Actress Maisie Williams attends HBO's "Game of Thrones" final season premiere at Radio City Music Hall on Wednesday, April 3, 2019, in New York.
Evan Agostini/Invision/AP
Maisie Williams plays Arya Stark on "Game of Thrones," just one of many strong female leads the series has produced. Since her 2011 debut as the scrappy younger Stark sister, Williams has garnered a number of film and TV credits, including starring roles in "Cyberbully," "iBoy" and "The Book of Love." Williams will also be joining the "X-Men" universe in "X-Men: The New Mutants."

https://www.insider.com/game-of-thrones-cast-net-worth-2019-5#maisie-williams-net-worth-6-million-9

5ca6076a92c88651d5438fd5

Actress Maisie Williams attends HBO's "Game of Thrones" final season premiere at Radio City Music Hall on Wednesday, April 3, 2019, in New York.
Maisie Williams plays Arya Stark on "Game of Thrones," just one of many strong female leads the series has produced. Since her 2011 debut as the scrappy younger Stark sister, Williams has garnered a number of film and TV credits, including starring roles in "Cyberbully," "iBoy" and "The Book of Love." Williams will also be joining the "X-Men" universe in "X-Men: The New Mutants."

Yeah, those sites are bollocks.....sure she is doing fine.

5ca6076a92c88651d5438fd5

Where do those sites get their information? It’s probably completely fabricated. A person’s net worth is some seriously confidential, personal information, and forms a major part of divorce litigation when spouses try to demonstrate to a court the other person’s wealth and income to figure out alimony and property division.

Where do those sites get their information? It’s probably completely fabricated. A person’s net worth is some seriously confidential, personal information, and forms a major part of divorce litigation when spouses try to demonstrate to a court the other person’s wealth and income to figure out alimony and property division.

They probably add up their salary from the show and make assumptions based on industry standard pay for brand endorsements and commercials etc. I mean it can’t be that hard to calculate a ballpark persons net worth if you know their salary, job history and lifestyle, as creepy as that is.

I’m just going off the top of my head, I really have no idea how they do it.

What’s going on in here? Game of Thrones still mostly awesome? Nice.

So GRRM has revealed the three 'oh shit' moments he told Dumb and Dumber; hold the door, who would sit on the Iron Throne, and... that Stannis would choose to burn his daughter. He does however say the scene will play out different in the books(implying the book ever gets written).

So GRRM has revealed the three 'oh shit' moments he told Dumb and Dumber; hold the door, who would sit on the Iron Throne, and... that Stannis would choose to burn his daughter. He does however say the scene will play out different in the books(implying the book ever gets written).

<Dany07>

new prequel teaser + breakdown

paddy considine as viserys I

tumblr_pvmj5tTLLd1rgmfmpo3_400.gifv

tumblr_p8vuzoZNrp1v6w3juo1_500.gifv

Was hoping the Bran on the throne thing was Weiss and Benioff’s doing and GRRM would have something else going but it struck me as obvious that they knew GRRM’s endgame and just went with it despite not having made Bran compelling in any way, shape or form in their build up to it.

That’s part of the bizarre element. Either adhere to GRRM’s vision and give us a reason to care about Bran being king or go with your own thing if you have no interest in Bran being interesting.

Love Paddy.....still no interest.

Was my reaction as well.

Season 8 screwed the pooch so fucking hard, it destroyed any interest I have in a prequel. A sequel set about a hundred years after the final episode might be worth watching. As long as D & D aren't allowed anywhere near it.

I thought they fucked up the Hound as well.

The whole Cleganebowl nonsense was so forced and clearly fan service. Made no sense whatsoever. Yes he hated his brother, but the whole idea it was his life’s desire to kill his brother? Where did that come from?

I liked the character as much as anyone, but he too was irrelevant in the latter seasons.

I completely agree. I said for years I hoped they never went through with it as it didn't serve the plot in any way. It made even less sense as that thing was no longer Gregor Clegane.

Disagree, Littlefinger thought he was way smarter than anyone and his arrogance was his downfall. He didn't think two little girls could ever get one over on him so he let his guard down and they beat him at his own game. The irony he dies the same way he sent so many others to their death made his end great to me.

While I was disappointed in how easily he was foiled, you may have a point with his arrogance being his downfall. It almost got him killed more than once.

While I was disappointed in how easily he was foiled, you may have a point with his arrogance being his downfall. It almost got him killed more than once.

I think a problem with his ending was that it was such a lame treading water plot for the season. Sansa has nothing to do. Arya has nothing to do. Let’s have them pitted against each other via Baelish and tease that one might kill the other.

The crazy thing too was how murky the storyline was: if you had Arya and Sansa baiting and playing Baelish from the start and then ultimately taking him out, you might have something.

But instead, it’s heavily implied that the main reason they don’t kill one another is that Bran finally opted to do something and informed them of the plot.

Hell, probably would have been better off to have Sansa out Littlefinger Littlefinger in season 6- let her tell Lord Royce and the Lords of the Vale about the true nature of Lysa’s death, have Baelish thrown through the moon door and Sansa gets to command the KOV to Winterfell to help Jon in Battle of the Bastards.

They handled the first half dozen seasons brilliantly, it's not like they don't have the skills.

True for all the difficulties they had toward the end, they were still responsible in part for several years of a brilliant series. People can continually bring up that they faltered after the GRRM well dried up but the fact is that adapting source material to a different medium is no guarantee for success and takes a lot of effort to pull off.

I think a problem with his ending was that it was such a lame treading water plot for the season. Sansa has nothing to do. Arya has nothing to do. Let’s have them pitted against each other via Baelish and tease that one might kill the other.

The crazy thing too was how murky the storyline was: if you had Arya and Sansa baiting and playing Baelish from the start and then ultimately taking him out, you might have something.

But instead, it’s heavily implied that the main reason they don’t kill one another is that Bran finally opted to do something and informed them of the plot.

Hell, probably would have been better off to have Sansa out Littlefinger Littlefinger in season 6- let her tell Lord Royce and the Lords of the Vale about the true nature of Lysa’s death, have Baelish thrown through the moon door and Sansa gets to command the KOV to Winterfell to help Jon in Battle of the Bastards.

That would have made so much more sense.

Bran always bothered me in the end. So much went into developing him but... Into what? What's his role, what are his responsibilities to nature? Why was it OK for him to become king, and how long is he going to live?

I don't think it COULDN'T have ended this way, I just hate how they did it, or rather, I hate that they did the bare minimum.

Love this scene

Back