Television Game of Thrones S08E06 Discussion Thread: Burn them all! (the writing staff) | Our Watch has ended

This shitshow actually got an Emmy nomination for best writing. D&D don't deserve it. The writing this season was fucking shit.

Can't complain about the acting nominations though. The acting this season was stellar all around.

This shitshow actually got an Emmy nomination for best writing. D&D don't deserve it. The writing this season was fucking shit.

Can't complain about the acting nominations though. The acting this season was stellar all around.

Kind of bizarre that Alfie who deserved a nomination for seasons where he had way more to do (and almost assuredly deserved the win too) gets nominated now. But, hell, seems like hbo made the push for actors who generally didn’t get recognized to get their chance now that this is the last one. For example, Sophie was better in season 1-5 than in the last couple of seasons.

They got an emmy nod for this last season?

Jesus christ. :eek:

I'm not sure I will ever rewatch the series again knowing what happened in season 8 :( fookin brutal

This is sadly where I am at as well. I have watched every episode of the first 7 seasons countless times but I have not re-watched any GOT since D&D took a shit on our chests with season 8.

I hope the prequel is good though and hopefully if so we will get a proper sequel to tie things up better with the original series, otherwise its ruined forever for me.

this shitshow got 32 nominations when chernobyl gets 19

wut
Chernobyl was gut. You should check out The Terror. Jarred Harris is a badass and proof ugly ass mofos can be great leads.

I sent this to everyone I know that's a fan, and ALL of them said something along the lines of "Yep"

Last two eps of S6 are my fave of the series tho

But yeah a lot of other stuff that season was wheels spinning

Last two eps of S6 are my fave of the series tho

But yeah a lot of other stuff that season was wheels spinning
Season 6 is where they started packing two seasons into one. The last two of S6 are pretty gnarly though. Oh Marge, she didn't deserve that.

My favorite is S4E9-10. Kind of like the last hurrah of quality before the decline. The battle at the wall is awesome and made sense logically.

Last edited:
wasn't going to rewatch for a long time but saw this clip

still undecided whether i'll stop at the end of season 7, for now just gonna enjoy the season 1 goodness and one of my favourite characters

tumblr_nw2562Xrtq1s4uc3io4_500.gif

...mord

Chernobyl was gut. You should check out The Terror. Jarred Harris is a badass and proof ugly ass mofos can be great leads.

What impressed me so much was their attention to detail.

Kind of bizarre that Alfie who deserved a nomination for seasons where he had way more to do (and almost assuredly deserved the win too) gets nominated now. But, hell, seems like hbo made the push for actors who generally didn’t get recognized to get their chance now that this is the last one. For example, Sophie was better in season 1-5 than in the last couple of seasons.

Pretty sure they nominated themselves because HBO didn’t do it, and never did.

Pure 100% Mayberry Flex move by Theon here.

Back